[Tutorial] Make your own Signatures

Akunja

Hello everyone, Akunja here bringing you a

Do it Yourself signature tutorial,

This tutorial is based on the recent signatures I've been

making, and is a simple yet effective way of making them.

Requirements: (important!!)

• Custom brushes (you can find my brush folder here: http://www.mediafire...a6sb6t2kxqas52b )
  • Photoshop (Cs3 or higher recommended)
  • Basic photoshop knowledge
  • Time and paitence
  • Reders (would recommend PNG files)
  • Fonts

Step 1:Probably the easiest step in the tutorial, Open Photoshop and create a new file for this tutorial i used 450x170 (i like it that way)

stepone450by170.png

Step 2: Also another Easy step if you know what to look for, This step is basically.. Chose your Render

Choserender.png

Step 3: You should now be looking at your Render and your blank canvass

gotyourrender.png

Step 4: Resize your Render to fit your blank canvass

resizeandmovetowhereyourdoingyoursignature.png

Step 5: This is where custom brushes come in, open up your brushes and decide what you want to use

step5choseyourpaintbrushes.png

Step 6: This step is where you get creative, after selecting your brushes (for this i used SPARKLE_Metal-cx brush, and did to brush strokes, using the same colours as mightyena. How you do this part is entirely up to you, use your creativity, and place brush strokes where you think they look best, and use colours that go with the render your using, rather than any 2 random colours

playaround.png

Step 7: As you can see, by this step I've finished applying my brushes, I added Lightning from my lightning brush pack, and an aura type brush from my winter breeze brushes, carefully choosing where I wanted to place the brush strokes once you've finished Apply a Brightness/Contrast filter (optional)

usebrightnesscontrast.png

Step 8: Apply Gradient map, If you add a gradient map, you will want to change the blending mode to colour dodge and change the fill till you are satisfied with the outcome (optional)

usecolourgradient.png

Step 9: Add your font/text

addtext.png

Step 10: Save PSD File, and save as Jpeg or PNG

Step 11: Upload and enjoy :)

Finished Result:

tutorialcopy.jpg

Feel free to post your results :)

**Edit: Fixed missing images for step 8 & 9

Would i be able to use GIMP to do this? My bro got cs5 for free from someone but refuses to let me put it on the computer. (he wants to trade it for an apple version so he can put it on his macbook.) so i'm shit out of luck. But i've been searching for alternate programs and GIMP keeps coming up in my searches, thoughts?

I try to avoid using custom brushes (unless I'm doing grunge cause I don't know any better) just because it feels like I'm not getting better at doing it if I'm just using somebody else's premade brush.

Would i be able to use GIMP to do this? My bro got cs5 for free from someone but refuses to let me put it on the computer. (he wants to trade it for an apple version so he can put it on his macbook.) so i'm shit out of luck. But i've been searching for alternate programs and GIMP keeps coming up in my searches, thoughts?

It's basically the same process in gimp, you can use photoshop brushes with it too.

I'm not too familiar with gimp and it does do things in different ways but you could do something like this fairly easily.

Kind of basic, there's no information about techniques with brushes, popular brushes to use, any specific colours that go well together, it's just: make canvas, pick render, use brushes to make signature.

That's the main reason i've saved a few spaces up top, I'm working on a second part,for the brush techniques etc

How in hell did you go from step 5 to 6?

I opened up my brushes... for step six i made a new layer, decided which brush i wanted to use. i used the one called Sparkle_metal-cx one, and made two brush strokes after chosing my colours... then before i added the contrast/brightness i went through a few more brushes placed them where i thought they looked best and then used the filter

I'm going to edit the tutorial and make it more detailed :)

I opened up my brushes... for step six i made a new layer, decided which brush i wanted to use. i used the one called Sparkle_metal-cx one, and made two brush strokes after chosing my colours... then before i added the contrast/brightness i went through a few more brushes placed them where i thought they looked best and then used the filter

I'm going to edit the tutorial and make it more detailed :)

Where exactly is that brush?