100% Accuracy for OHKO Moves by NPC's Pokes

NikhilR

I battled 4 NPCs today, of which I faced 1 Pinsir and 3 Seakings. Both those pokemon hit their OHKO moves, Guillotine and Horn Drill respectively, without even missing once. Is there an actual nerf that I'm unaware of, or is this just pure luck?

Edited by NikhilR
29 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

I battled 4 NPCs today, of which I faced 1 Pinsir and 3 Seakings. Both those pokemon hit their OHKO moves, Guillotine and Horn Drill respectively, without even missing once. Is there an actual nerf that I'm unaware of, or is this just pure luck?

inb4 spanish npc

also it's happen at me too..  paralized + 5 times in a row static and horn drill 100% x2 times

Edited by DarylDixon
7 minutes ago, Noad said:

Inb4 they still are 0% accuracy but Nik just has really really bad RNG.

But I do agree that OHKO moves are really no fun and I'm not entirely sure if it's fair for NPCs to use them.

I just tested it with Rendiz and Seaking missed 2/3 horn drills. Maybe I do really have bad RNG, but my inner "conspiracy Keanu" feels like there has been some nerf. 

Edited by NikhilR

As far as I'm aware, it isn't 100%. Before I had finished clearing the Sevii Islands on my alt, a Hiker NPC's Pokémon used Fissure against one of my Pokémon, whose level was lower than the Pokémon using Fissure, and it missed twice. Dunno if it at least got buffed or not, though. :3.

*Edit: Unless I was using a Pokémon whose level was higher, and I forgot, that is.*

Edited by RyukoNotsunaga
3 hours ago, NikhilR said:

I just tested it with Rendiz and Seaking missed 2/3 horn drills. Maybe I do really have bad RNG, but my inner "conspiracy Keanu" feels like there has been some nerf. 

they changed it when they saw this thread

Edited by Eggplant

OHKO moves don't have 100% accuracy unless you are on a significantly lower level than the user. These moves don't have flat accuracy - it scales depending on the level difference between the Pokemon, with a Pokemon on a higher level having a greater chance to hit an opponent on a lower level, and a lower leveled Pokemon being less likely to hit a higher leveled opponent.

1 hour ago, RacheLucario said:

OHKO moves don't have 100% accuracy unless you are on a significantly lower level than the user. These moves don't have flat accuracy - it scales depending on the level difference between the Pokemon, with a Pokemon on a higher level having a greater chance to hit an opponent on a lower level, and a lower leveled Pokemon being less likely to hit a higher leveled opponent.

There was like 6-7 levels difference between my Venusaur and the Seaking. And there was like 4-5 difference between my Scizor and the opposing Pinsir. All of those were 100% ohko. When Rendiz faced those Seakings twice, his Venu was at flat 50 and horn drill missed twice and then hit the third time. So I guess your explanation does make some sense but I feel like the level gap for determining the accuracy is quite less.

I was under the impression that the accuracy was flat 30% , so is this something that Devs had changed or was it always like this?

2 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

There was like 6-7 levels difference between my Venusaur and the Seaking. And there was like 4-5 difference between my Scizor and the opposing Pinsir. All of those were 100% ohko. When Rendiz faced those Seakings twice, his Venu was at flat 50 and horn drill missed twice and then hit the third time. So I guess your explanation does make some sense but I feel like the level gap for determining the accuracy is quite less.

I was under the impression that the accuracy was flat 30% , so is this something that Devs had changed or was it always like this?

It has always been like this. Even in the handhelds, OHKO moves have never simply had 30% accuracy - there has always been some sort of modifier or a condition in which it will always fail.

Just now, RacheLucario said:

It has always been like this. Even in the handhelds, OHKO moves have never simply had 30% accuracy - there has always been some sort of modifier or a condition in which it will always fail.

Ah, thank you for clearing that up. I was beginning to wonder if the game hated me with ohko moves hitting with full certainty. You can lock this. 

• Rache locked this topic