3rd Gen Tier Council

Xatu

Question

9 answers to this question

For gen 3? Gen 3 had no physical special split, so not sure what you're referring to because it can't be our current metagame 

Also people are more than welcome to host "non gen 4" unofficial tournaments and you guys can tier however you like. But tier council is gonna have their hands full tiering the new stuff, we don't have time or resources to split our attention 

Edited by Gunthug

Assuming these "generations" do not work on different servers (which I don't think will happen), there's no reason why we should keep this current PokeMMO tier listings for future when new Pokemon/moves/a whole new generation game comes in. The new tiers would obviously be made with everything included, new and old things.

Edited by OrangeManiac
Just now, OrangeManiac said:

Assuming these "generations" do not work on different servers (which I don't think will happen), there's no reason why we should keep this current PokeMMO tier listings for future when new Pokemon/moves/a whole new generation game comes in. The new tiers would obviously be made with the new things.

Yeah im not saying to keep the bans around.  I'm just saying to keep them around for a 3rd gen environment for those who wish to not use the new mons. 

1 minute ago, OrangeManiac said:

Well, like gunthug mentioned above this already is not even "Generation 3 game" because of the game mechanics so seems pretty pointless.

It includes all of the mons from Gen 3, no?  I think you get what i meant. 

The new meta will include pokemon from gen 4.  My suggestion is to keep the TC/ form a new TC for the meta that currently exists.  Which will certainly be different from a new meta with 100 new mons.

55 minutes ago, Xatu said:

It includes all of the mons from Gen 3, no?  I think you get what i meant. 

The new meta will include pokemon from gen 4.  My suggestion is to keep the TC/ form a new TC for the meta that currently exists.  Which will certainly be different from a new meta with 100 new mons.

It's not necessary to tier a dead metagame. It's why smogon doesn't really tier the old gens - unless something is extremely broken like the recent weather evasion ban in gen 4. The metagame will still be there for people to play (I'm sure you're not the only one who wants to continue playing our current metagame when the new stuff comes out) but I don't think it's reasonable to enlist the TC to keep working on it. Much bigger fish to fry