Reward Points / Money Conversion.

maximilious

Question

6 answers to this question

This seems pretty useless to me. Besides like 2 things in the gift shop everything else is tradable. Which you can then buy with in game cash. On top of that donating supports this game so every single person including you can experience a better game. And this game is far from p2w.

57 minutes ago, maximilious said:

In the Gift Shop Window, have a tab called "Conversion"

Let players convert their money into Reward Points

or Reward Points into money.

Pretty simple stuff, you know how all other mmorpgs have.

41 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

This seems pretty useless to me. Besides like 2 things in the gift shop everything else is tradable. Which you can then buy with in game cash. On top of that donating supports this game so every single person including you can experience a better game. And this game is far from p2w.

Mike has a point here, this game is far from a p2w (or Pay to Win). Unless you want President Donald Trump, Bill Gates, Rupert Murdoch, or Warren Buffett to enjoy this game. As soon as I hear this, I cannot help but to think of Trump's 10 year old son Barron. Melania Trump (his mom), is very loving towards her son so Barron would be the wealthiest person on PokeMMO. I heard on an interview, that Barron is "into computers" and Pokemon is usually marketed to 10 year olds. I would not be surprised if he becomes a player of this game. No betterment in the PokeMMO economy, just pure PokeYen. Yes it would be great advertising that a "First Son" is playing PokeMMO, but it would defeat the main concept of PokeMMO, "no matter if your rich or poor in real life, you should still make it in PokeMMO!" The devs can copyright that phrase because it represents PokeMMO to a T.

Now, I think a more plausible suggestion is a conversion between Battle Points and PokeYen because that you can do in game without any monetary gain irl. All you need is a good knowledge base in team building and breeding skills. It is a grind to do, so I think it qualifies for such a suggestion.

Edited by Bestfriends
linked my alternative idea

I understand you would like to have a fixed exchange rate between reward points and the ingame currency, right?

Given the increase in price for reward points (or the vanities/items bought with reward points) during the last years (doubled several times in a relatively short amount of time) I see where this suggestion comes from and understand it as a measure to prevent a further inflation of the ingame currency by fixing it to the value of reward points.

I fear devs might not want to pick a fixed rate that as they might not want to decide the 'price' for reward points (what should be the fair basis for the pricing?).
The exchange rate would possibly be chosen as higher than the current market price therefor not giving you any advantage over the GTL right now - though preventing the price to further rise in the future...  but not bringing back the prices we had before.

I think it would be better to adress the high inflation we experienced/are experiencing instead - though this would be a different topic

Edited by Anthrazit

The major problem with this is that the game then becomes pay2win. Players with a lot of money and very little time to grind will then be able to spend their money on reward points that they then convert to in game money. This leads to a massive influx of in game currency that will crash quite literally everything in game. In addition, while this would create an additional money sink, that sink would be far outweighed by the influx coming in from people who convert points to in game cash. Having a fixed exchange rate for in game cash and reward points is a bad idea anyway. While certain donation items are tradeable, reward points are not and we do not, and will not, endorse players donating for other players (ie: Player A pays Player B 3 mil in game cash and Player B purchases 1500 donation points for Player A). Doing this can lead to a lot of headaches for both players. If there is something in the Gift Shop that you would like to get and do not have enough points you would be better served going through the GTL to see if that item is listed.

That being said, this is not going to be something that will happen.