An Official Pokemmo Discord Server

Eggplant

Question

With Teamspeak officially RIP tomorrow, I think the community needs a new platform for getting together in voice chat that doesn't involve exchanging skype info.

Discord is really booming at the moment, super popular, and it'll be a lot livelier than ts has been lately, since everyone probably already uses discord anyways, it'd just be another server added to their list.

I know we've tested discord among staff a wihle back, and ended up going back to TS because we didn't like it.

I'm not suggesting you guys use discord for internal staff communication. You can use whatever you want.

I'm asking for an official discord server, pinned in general discussion or something, where players can talk to other players and eventually talk to staff. It doesn't have to be your staff meetup spot.

We would have global text channels that everyone who has joined the server can see, voice channels open to all, and hopefully password protected text and voice channels for ingame teams just like on ts.

It'll be great.

We need a platform like this where you can pull all your teammates into a voice channel to coach a guy through team tournament,

I personally need this because I'll be often streaming pokemmo battles from now on, and need to pull people into my channel so i can have guest commentators watch the battles with me. and its awk to get 20 people's skypes.

People already make their own pokemmo discords that gather like 10 people tops. There's pokemmo discords all over the place. I'm in like two or three of them.

A official one would definitely be very successful.

We need this because we don't have teamspeak anymore. Please?

7 answers to this question

I don't really think it's our role to do this tbh. During TS3's "peak", it held maybe 50 people. I think this suggestion is more people looking for the "good old days" of voice chat, but we can't really provide them nor do we want to. It's a pain in the ass to maintain a public voice server and it's just another burden on most Mods/GMs who we already ask too much of.

I think this should fall to individual guilds to host what they want.

Oh, and to who @'d me: I don't use Discord.

On 22/02/2017 at 3:05 PM, Kyu said:

Oh, and to who @'d me: I don't use Discord.

I did because there is a person with your name...

e016b25308580ed0e85302562770ac2e.png

I am glad I got a confirmation on that.

(I apologise for the circle, I was using a touch pad on my computer)

On 2/22/2017 at 4:47 PM, TheGloriousWalrus said:

There was a discord for the old pokemmo offtopic crew. All they posted was anime tiddies and stupid JRPG shit so I left.

I'm pretty sure a new discord would devolve into that too after a few weeks.

the near constant talk about phone games is what deterred me from that one. but yeah so far so good on our new server hopefully we've added enough people who will call out weeb shit to keep it in a healthy balance. also having not batman in charge of it is a plus, hue.

also i think Kyu's points about not wanting an official server are all fair. mostly the point of calling it an official server means needing official moderation. i think unofficial is ideal. 

So far we've done a good job at reliving the glory days. We already even got the whole banning foggi, banning his alts, then him threatening to DDoS us thing going on. Just like old times.