Hi am new and have some questions.

AshCatchAll

Hi, I am new, and I have some questions that I was hoping you could respond to.

1: What's the main differences between this mmo game, and single player Pokémon, such as pokemon yellow/gold/white, etc..

2: How does this game make money or what funding keep its severs running?

2A: Any pay to win aspects, pay to advance, or premium content such as customers/skins?  (The gota make money somehow, even if its to fund the severs, unless its pure donations)

3: This may be a sensitive topic, but is this game associated, endorsed, or simply allowed by Nintendo? (or whoever owns pokemon) 

4: Can you battle other trainers you meet in the world?

4A: Is there open chat systems?  If so, are there rules on what you can say?  (is cursing allowed, etc.)  If there are rules on what your allowed to say, are they strict about enforcement? Or is it one of those things where we have a rule but they only enforce it rarely if ever. (my preferred way of handling thing, free speech advocate over here) 

5: Can you trade with other trainers?

6: How is online interaction handled, do you see other players, can you tell the different between them and npcs? Go on adventures together?

7: Can you elaborate on the home-base system?  And how does would find a place to make a "secret base"?

8: Are their story aspects? Team rocket? Missions and side quests? Cut-Scenes?

9: Are gym battle different from the single player games? Do you have to wait your turn to fight a leader? Can you make your own gym and badges?

10:   Is there a way to watch other trainers battle?  Like observation mode?

11: If there are trainer vs trainer human fights, can you make wagers using in game money? (pokedollars?)

12 Anything else you think I should know?

13: What is the average age of people who play this?

14: How large is the player-base?

Edited by AshCatchAll

Hi there,

1. There are many differences, I can't event count them all, but the biggest difference is the community I guess. There are many tournaments, teams you can join, chatting with peoples from all countries, breeding system, a market, actually two regions (Kanto and Hoenn (maybe a third will come soon))...

2. The only source is the gift shop, where you can buy vanities, name changes or donator status (+25% Exp in battles, +10% chances of encountering shinies, +10% fast egg hatching).

2a. No, if you finished the story the game will begin, every one got the same chance. If you want to win a tournament you need to train instead paying.

3. I don't it to be honest. But I guess because to add the Rom's manually it's legal. You won't ever get a penalty by playing PokeMMO.

4. Yes, as I already told there are Tournaments, Matchmaking and you can also challenge them by rightclicking them.

5. Of course!

6. The interaction in the community is huge, by trading, having fun together, playing tournaments and so on...

7. It's like the same in the original versions, but your team and friends can join your base.

8. Yes, there is both a Kanto and Hoenn story (you can play both), but it's the same story in original games.

9. No, same trainers, same pokes. But you can rechallenge Hoenn arena leaders to gain money, But be prepared, they are strong if you already beat them once!

10. Yes, if they are playing a tournament/matchmaking game press the masterball on the bottom -> Matchmaking / Tournament Signup -> Specatate. If they challenged someone by rightclicking them you can simply rightclick your friend and then press "Spectate".

11. Of course you can, but there isn't a system for this. But you can participate at official tournaments, where you will get a reward from a staff members (Here you can see some).

12. The game is starting when you finished the story.

13. I can't say to be honest, there are many young players but also there are some old players, who also played Pokemon as kids.

14.  I don't know numbers, but cause there is only 1 server, you can easily find some friends to play.

If you got any other questions feel free to ask me!

Edited by BilllaBong
8 minutes ago, AshCatchAll said:

Hi, I am new, and I have some questions that I was hoping you could respond to.

1: What's the main differences between this mmo game, and single player Pokémon, such as pokemon yellow/gold/white, etc..

2: How does this game make money or what funding keep its severs running?

2A: Any pay to win aspects, pay to advance, or premium content such as customers/skins?  (The gota make money somehow, even if its to fund the severs, unless its pure donations)

3: This may be a sensitive topic, but is this game associated, endorsed, or simply allowed by Nintendo? (or whoever owns pokemon) 

4: Can you battle other trainers you meet in the world?

4A: Is there open chat systems?  If so, are there rules on what you can say?  (is cursing allowed, etc.)  If there are rules on what your allowed to say, are they strict about enforcement? Or is it one of those things where we have a rule but they only enforce it rarely if ever. (my preferred way of handling thing, free speech advocate over here) 

5: Can you trade with other trainers?

6: How is online interaction handled, do you see other players, can you tell the different between them and npcs? Go on adventures together?

7: Can you elaborate on the home-base system?  And how does would find a place to make a "secret base"?

8: Are their story aspects? Team rocket? Missions and side quests? Cut-Scenes?

9: Are gym battle different from the single player games? Do you have to wait your turn to fight a leader? Can you make your own gym and badges?

10:   Is there a way to watch other trainers battle?  Like observation mode?

11: If there are trainer vs trainer human fights, can you make wagers using in game money? (pokedollars?)

12 Anything else you think I should know?

13: What is the average age of people who play this?

14: How large is the player-base?

Good morning, I have to go to class soon, so I am going to make my answers very quick if you don't mind:

1. This MMO game has multiplayer while the others don't. You get to interact with your fellow Pokemon fans.

2. The Gift Shop takes care of it ($1 USD = 100 RP). The devs work hard, if you like the game, I would recommend donating to them.

a. Its not really a "pay to win" because you can earn in game money in different ways...

Check out this video from my Tutorial channel:

Time Stamps:

The Art of The Island Run: 0:53 - 8:27
The Art of Item Farming: 8:28 - 12:11
The Art of Pay Day: 12:14 - 16:13
The Art of the Global Trade Link: 16:14 - 19:21
The Art of Ditto Farming: 19:23 - 23:50
The Art of Breeding: 23:51 - 27:34
The Art of the Gym Leader Runs (Donald Trump reveals the pokemon used by the gym leaders): 27:36 - 43:27

3. Since these games are old, their patients expired so they are allowed, plus the Terms of Use helps out.

4. Yes you can, just right click their name tag and you can offer a duel. I also made a tutorial video about that very topic...

Time Stamps:

Duel Window: 0:47 - 9:10
Duel Screen (tournament mode): 9:26 - 18:12
Duel Screen (Free for all mode): 21:02 - 25:15

4a. The Code of Conduct should help you with the rules. Cursing is not advised, but if people are sensitive to it, there are ways it can be censored to "***" in game.

5. Yes

6. Yes

7. Yes, here is another tutorial video of mine...

Time Stamps:

Secret Power: 0:34 - 1:17
Secret Base Openings: 2:35 - 3:01
Iron: 3:04 (don't worry, I'll eventually mention this little guy in my walkthrough series)
Secret Base Mechanics: 3:13 - 3:59
Decoration Mechanics (Update: devs increased limit from 16 to 24): 4:00 - 5:53
How to escape a trap made by the base owner!: 5:54 - 7:10
The "Put Away" Square (devs increased limit from 16 to 24): 7:11 - 7:57
A "cheap" tip from your ole pal Bestfriends: 7:50 - 8:18
Animation Decorations: 8:31 - 9:59
Where do you get some of these Secret Base Items? (Hassan's guide is no longer available, so I linked a replacement): 10:00 - 14:52
The Regi Dolls in the Gift Shop are no longer available: 15:00 - 
16:37
Plushie's Last Words: 16:38 - 17:30

8. Yes

9. You can battle a gym leader without waiting, but the elite 4 has a wait time (every 30 min per trial)

10. Yes, you can spectate people by right clicking their sprite and click on "Spectate."

11. Unofficially yes, officially no. As long as its not Real Money and just In game money, your fine.

12. Please view my Roy Rogers Tutorial channel, it can help you so much.

13. About 13 - 30s

14. Its quite big, if you want a number, approximately 100,000 players.

1 hour ago, BilllaBong said:

Hi there,

1. There are many differences, I can't event count them all, but the biggest difference is the community I guess. There are many tournaments, teams you can join, chatting with peoples from all countries, breeding system, a market, actually two regions (Kanto and Hoenn (maybe a third will come soon))...

2. The only source is the gift shop, where you can buy vanities, name changes or donator status (+25% Exp in battles, +10% chances of encountering shinies, +10% fast egg hatching).

2a. No, if you finished the story the game will begin, every one got the same chance. If you want to win a tournament you need to train instead paying.

3. I don't it to be honest. But I guess because to add the Rom's manually it's legal. You won't ever get a penalty by playing PokeMMO.

4. Yes, as I already told there are Tournaments, Matchmaking and you can also challenge them by rightclicking them.

5. Of course!

6. The interaction in the community is huge, by trading, having fun together, playing tournaments and so on...

7. It's like the same in the original versions, but your team and friends can join your base.

8. Yes, there is both a Kanto and Hoenn story (you can play both), but it's the same story in original games.

9. No, same trainers, same pokes. But you can rechallenge Hoenn arena leaders to gain money, But be prepared, they are strong if you already beat them once!

10. Yes, if they are playing a tournament/matchmaking game press the masterball on the bottom -> Matchmaking / Tournament Signup -> Specatate. If they challenged someone by rightclicking them you can simply rightclick your friend and then press "Spectate".

11. Of course you can, but there isn't a system for this. But you can participate at official tournaments, where you will get a reward from a staff members (Here you can see some).

12. The game is starting when you finished the story.

13. I can't say to be honest, there are many young players but also there are some old players, who also played Pokemon as kids.

14.  I don't know numbers, but cause there is only 1 server, you can easily find some friends to play.

If you got any other questions feel free to ask me!

Does this mean I can't play online with others until I beat the story mode on single player?

1 minute ago, AshCatchAll said:

Does this mean I can't play online with others until I beat the story mode on single player?

This game is online right from the moment you get your starter. 

what he meant by

12. The game is starting when you finished the story.

is that there is a lot more to the game after you beat the story line.

5 minutes ago, BilllaBong said:

No, I just mean that PokeMMO is much more then the story.

Thank you to bishave and billabong.

Can you give me a bit of a hint, on what is there left to do in the game when the story is finished?  Why is the game just getting started when the story ends? What left is there to do?  focus on making your own adventures with friends?

Just now, AshCatchAll said:

focus on making your own adventures with friends?

Ya, exactly. There are still many things to do, breed perfect Pokemons, train to win tournaments, shinys, try to get much money/shinys as possible and so on.

1 minute ago, AshCatchAll said:

Thank you to bishave and billabong.

Can you give me a bit of a hint, on what is there left to do in the game when the story is finished?  Why is the game just getting started when the story ends? What left is there to do?  focus on making your own adventures with friends?

competitive gaming, battle frontier, breeding, collecting shinies, quitting 

• Zehkar locked this topic