Pokemon Center NYC (now Nintendo World)

Bestfriends

Pokemon Center (now Nintendo World)  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you remember being in the Pokemon Center before May 14th 2005?

815eb3f622625cdd263a895205200e2c.png(Before)

3c7c812976f6ec72066326fe6323f1e6.png(Now)

I would like to discuss the memories I had at the Pokemon Center back then. I remember walking through the center and there was a lot of amazement. My parents were probably thinking at the time, "wow this 90s fad really took off." Let me share some of my experiences with everyone here since this is such a large community and maybe some of you went to the former Pokemon Center:

1. I remember dropping by the figurine section and I use to be into Hitmonlee, so my parents bought it for me. To this day, I still have 3 figurines from that place: Hitmonlee, arcanine, and Lapras. I had some rare ones like Noctowl (not shiny) and Nidorino, but I lost them.

2. As I was surfing the net, I seem to remember one big room with all these TVs and controllers, well I found the picture to prove my memory correct...

569e232f8455e9a8b2695d2e51cb65c9.png

(I seem to remember Pokemon Stadium there, but maybe it was Colosseum or XD Gale of Darkness, it was around 2001 - 03)

3. I remember the room being very dim almost like a romantic restaurant except without the candles, but the gaming room I mentioned was well lit.

4. When I got my merchandise, I seem to remember the bag decorated with Mewtwo (I wish I kept the bag...)

Here was their commercial:

I have to conclude this post with something hilarious. When I came back to New York on Rockafeller Plaza, I told my parents, "nope that's not the Pokemon store, I know its around here somewhere." As a poke collector, it was a little painful to hear my parents tell me that the "Pokemon Center" is now "Nintendo World." I use to visit Nintendo World in 2007 - 09 and thanks to the internet, I can communicate with pokemon players without physically going to Nintendo World.

• 6 years later...

Ah, the memories of the Pokemon Center are truly unforgettable! It's amazing how those experiences from the 90s still bring so much joy and nostalgia. I can relate to your excitement while exploring the figurine section and finding those special Pokemon like Hitmonlee, Arcanine, and Lapras. It's a shame you lost some rare ones, but the fact that you still have those treasured figurines is fantastic. If you ever want to relive those magical moments or expand your Pokemon collection, you should definitely check out Larger Than Life Toys, an anime store in New York that offers a wide range of Pokemon merchandise: https://largerthanlifetoys.com/collections/anime-store-near-me. Happy reminiscing and happy hunting for more Pokemon treasures!

• 5 months later...

the nostalgia of Pokemon Center memories is truly something special! If you're ever in New York and feeling a bit of that 90s magic, you should definitely explore Larger Than Life Toys' Anime Store in the city at https://largerthanlifetoys.com/collections/anime-store-near-me. I recently discovered it and had a reminiscent experience akin to the Pokemon Center days. Their figurine section is a treasure trove, and I managed to find some incredible additions to my collection, creating new memories that echo the joy of the past. Happy reminiscing and exploring the world of anime toys!

Best regards