Stop shiny gifts, hi comp gifts colors

Raederz

Question

Bla bla bla, I'll show you a pic as an exemple cuz I'm lazy to explain, then i'll list pro/cons.

dwYsHwU.png

If you still dont get it, the point is to create a 3rd color, to have the gifts shinies and caught shinies differencied.

See pro/cons for "why".

Pro :

New color is cool.

Make different rewards for different achievements (shiny hunting and winning tournaments are not same skill)

Stop all those value problem, that unallow staff to gift some pokemon.

-> Comp Gifts may be gifted regarding the tier, the usage, and not the "encounter rate" or the "ingame $ value".

-> Recently rare shiny gifted dont affect the tradeable shinies value anymore.

Shiny Hunting now makes sense.

Cons :

May be hard to code ? Idk ?

Some work on making the new colors at the start.

May offend pvp players who prefer original shiny ?

Tell me if you see more.

________

Well, the most important is to break the value relation between gifts and caught shinies.

This is good for the caught shinies, having more stable value.

This is also good for the gifts, being able to be gifted regarding usage and not non-gift value.

Edited by Raederz

As cool as I think this may be I just feel that, instead, they should make comp Shinies be fully customisable in terms of IVs since they can't be traded nor bred.

Why make the prize something that will probably never be used over the non-shiny version with an appropriate hidden power and better IVs? 

Edited by Zymogen
3 minutes ago, Toshley said:

Plenty of peeps would prefer the original in some circumstances, depending on the mon ofc

Here is the point, making it different, obtainable for different reasons.

You get the one related to your achievement

Winning soccer world cup -> "But hey, I prefer how the curling one's looking"

(added to cons tho)

Edited by Raederz
2 minutes ago, FlareBlitzz said:

'Build your own custom shiny'

wot ?

I'm not talking about iv or anything, just saying the fact wild shinies and event reward ones are the same is bad. imo.

Edited by Raederz
Just now, FlareBlitzz said:

let's just have one Shiny for each Pokemon like the originals, not a Shiny version A and B or whatever

Ye isnt even "shiny", this is event reward. What's the point having the same reward on two things that are the total opposite (shiny hunting/winnning a tournament)

Just now, Raederz said:

Ye isnt even "shiny", this is event reward. What's the point having the same reward on two things that are the total opposite (shiny hunting/winnning a tournament)

This is how it will affect the economy:

*Random person sees Fancy Black Gyarados event reward*

Obviously more appealing than the standard Red Shiny Gyarados, that person is more likely to spend all his efforts and money trying to 'win' the Black one instead of buying the standard Red Gyarados.

As a result, our already weak shiny market gonna be dead.

4 minutes ago, FlareBlitzz said:

This is how it will affect the economy:

*Random person sees Fancy Black Gyarados event reward*

Obviously more appealing than the standard Red Shiny Gyarados, that person is more likely to spend all his efforts and money trying to 'win' the Black one instead of buying the standard Red Gyarados.

As a result, our already weak shiny market gonna be dead.

Ofc, farming money is way more wanted than contribute in community events

A little off topic, but, well, shiny trading concern a really little part of the community, and s*cough*ca*cough*m*cough*

Edited by Raederz
29 minutes ago, Raederz said:

Ofc, farming money is way more wanted than contribute in community events

A little off topic, but, well, shiny trading concern a really little part of the community, and s*cough*ca*cough*m*cough*

Assuming every shiny trader to be a scammer is kinda childish from an ex-staff member

6 minutes ago, FlareBlitzz said:

Assuming every shiny trader to be a scammer is kinda childish from an ex-staff member

I dont want it to be a dispute thread, I never meant trader=scammer, sorry if you got it this way. Still, my opinion is shiny trading is a lot of bad for a bit of good.

To be back to the topic, if, as you said, people who wanted to buy shiny gyarados stop to farm money and start to put effort on comp gaming, then, I would be happy with that.

Edited by Raederz
16 minutes ago, Raederz said:

To be back to the topic, if, as you said, people who wanted to buy shiny gyarados stop to farm money and start to put effort on comp gaming, then, I would be happy with that.

This is happening already as comp Shiny Prizes are competitive Shinys. No need of a fancier (different colored) comp shiny imo.

Just now, FlareBlitzz said:

This is happening already as comp Shiny Prizes are competitive Shinys. No need of a fancier (different colored) comp shiny imo.

I dont mean fancier, I mean different.

1 hour ago, Raederz said:

What's the point having the same reward on two things that are the total opposite (shiny hunting/winnning a tournament)

3 minutes ago, FlareBlitzz said:

A better way to have 'different' prizes for non-competitives would be to put a suggestion of higher money/rp or something like that, instead of suggesting to change the basic concept of Shinys.

I'm not talking about pve events here.

Wild (Shiny) // Event (Trophy)

Edited by Raederz
9 minutes ago, Raederz said:

I'm not talking about pve events here.

Wild (Shiny) // Event (Trophy)

Prizes should not be exclusive to competitive players. Probably this is why they made Shinys breedable, so even non-competitive players could have comp Shinys.

What you're suggesting would be totally opposite of this.

Edited by FlareBlitzz

Prizes should not be exclusive to competitive players.

Why tho ?

All pvp games give exclusive prizes during pvp events.

Probably this is why they made Shinys breedable to even non-competitive players could have comp Shinys.

What if they just made it to reduce the amount of shinies ? Ofc, I suggest the opposite, because this cant be the reason they did it.

Edited by Raederz
16 minutes ago, WestTurtle said:

I think that better idea would be exclusive vanitys. Adding them wouldn't make any impact on shiny trading.

Yes, btw, a third color would make usable prizes (having non-shiny prizes being already rejected for many obvious reasons).