[PSL 7] Week Four

Legit question, how do the rest of people feel about "stealing teams" in showdown tiers. granted foggi thinking that spaint must've seen it from raptori and used it because of that seems dumb, because its obviously from somewhere else. 

Some of my matches I'll use self-made teams if I feel confident against the person, but like NikhilR noticed during my match with gunthug a few seasons ago, I used Somalia's stall team.

13 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

Legit question, how do the rest of people feel about "stealing teams" in showdown tiers. granted foggi thinking that spaint must've seen it from raptori and used it because of that seems dumb, because its obviously from somewhere else. 

Some of my matches I'll use self-made teams if I feel confident against the person, but like NikhilR noticed during my match with gunthug a few seasons ago, I used Somalia's stall team.

People are bitter about "stealing" teams when their teambuilding is not very good. The way I see it, there should be no problem being heavily inspired by someone's team, or even completely copying it. First of all, there is a concern about time. Your time and experience with using teams is only limited, so it is more efficient to use somebody's optimized build when you have no time to test for hundreds of games (yes I believe it takes hundreds to perfect an original build). Second of all, some people are simply not as good at building teams as they are at piloting them. And the opposite. In the VGC community you hear lots of stories about successful teams not piloted by their inventor. Lastly, if you will only build your own teams that is a very ignorant and narrow path you take; it makes you far more limited being stubborn with your builds than trying out different teams from different minds.