[PSL 7] Week Four

3 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

Just wanted to voice my opinion before everything settles and nobody cares anymore. What I've taken from this is that

-Gazeli was free 4 days of the week

-Yub available the remaining 3 days of the week

both are respectable time periods for a match so no problem.

-Gaz made a mistake in editing his post so that Yub did not see it

At this point the activity win is in Yubs favor

-Spaint rectifies this mistake by making a sub in Kaero

-Kaero immediately takes action by contacting Yub, Yub declines as it is too late/early

Although understandable (If my team where winning and it was 3am I wouldn't want to risk tired misplays preventing the win) this is where             Yub loses the activity win

-Knowing Yub cannot play Sunday Coolio has to make a decision whether to make a sub or not

In a manager pov he makes the correct decision in going for the activity decision, however is an even better reason to lose privileges for an activity win

I agree with Xploz and Lion (sorry Nik, but not playing because of no scouting time? really?) Should've been a no contest for sure.

I'm curious about your reply though. You said you told both managers to make a sub, where both told at the same time? And if so when where they told?

I can only assume you said it after Gazeli's mistake (if not apologies) at which point the sub was made ~24hours later.

The difference here is that Spart had roughly half a day to make a sub on Saturday, when he knew (I think) that Yub couldn't duel on Sunday. 

He waited until it was 4am Sunday yub's time to sub, and sadly yub declined which he had every right to do. 

If the sub was earlier into Saturday and yub still declined, then that's an easy no contest.

3 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

I'd like to run this hypothetical by you quickly too.

Let's say Gaz actually posted Sunday rather then edited, you then have one player available 4 days of the week and the other the remaining 3 days. Sunday rolls around and only one player is available, who is required to make the sub and what decision would be made?

If both players were actively attempting to find a time to duel via pm and unfortunately couldn't do so, it would be the responsibly of the managers to make a substitution in order to make the match happen. It's not my responsibility as host to force a sub, I only recommend them. If no sub were offered by either manager, it would be a no contest on the grounds that they simply couldn't find a time to play. 

I believe what happened was:

- Yubel contacted Gazelli by PM.

- Gazelli replied with a date, and yubel accepted.

- After that date had passed and Gazelli missed the match, he tried to use scum tactics and edited his PM(knowing it wouldnt show edit time) and change the time to make it look like he wasn't in the wrong.

- I heard Gazelli came online later Saturday and Yubel asked if he wanted to play via PM, Gazelli refused. (I've not seen any evidence on this, so I'm not sure how true it is)

- With a few hours to go and very early hours in the morning for Yubel, they decide to make a sub. It could have been much much sooner.

If the above is true, then I think Yubel should be given the win. Of course, I don't have all the facts and screens, so take what you will from my opinion.

Edited by KaynineXL
5 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

If the sub was earlier into Saturday and yub still declined, then that's an easy no contest.

I would argue in that case that it would not be a no contest, but an activity win for Kaerodactyl.

Let me put it this way; if miscommunication between two players leads to a substitution on Saturday and the substituted player can't fight because his opponent is dodging the duel, this sets a very bad precedent since the player not being subbed has the power to force a no contest even though we are 2 days from the deadline.

2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

The difference here is that Spart had roughly half a day to make a sub on Saturday, when he knew (I think) that Yub couldn't duel on Sunday. 

He waited until it was 4am Sunday yub's time to sub, and sadly yub declined which he had every right to do. 

If both players were actively attempting to find a time to duel via pm and unfortunately couldn't do so, it would be the responsibly of the managers to make a substitution in order to make the match happen. It's not my responsibility as host to force a sub, I only recommend them. If no sub were offered by either manager, it would be a no contest on the grounds that they simply couldn't find a time to play. 

Ok so in your eyes it would've been a no contest if the sub were made earlier? I feel like this gets into subjectivity territory as I believe Spart made the sub after the post editing blew up, before hand he had as much reason to make a sub as Coolio. If a sub is played and the match still doesn't happen because of the opposite party, they should no longer be in advantage. This makes it so Spart has 0 control over the situation, he made the sub and is still punished.

I don't agree with your decision still, but I'll respect it

3 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

I believe what happened was:

- Yubel contacted Gazelli by PM.

- Gazelli replied with a date, and yubel accepted.

- After that date had passed and Gazelli missed the match, he tried to use scum tactics and edited his PM(knowing it wouldnt show edit time) and change the time to make it look like he wasn't in the wrong.

- I heard Gazelli came online later Saturday and Yubel asked if he wanted to play via PM, Gazelli refused. (I've not seen any evidence on this, so I'm not sure how true it is)

- With a few hours to go and very early hours in the morning for Yubel, they decide to make a sub. It could have been much much sooner.

If the above is true, then I think Yubel should be given the win. Of course, I don't have all the facts and screens, so take what you will from my opinion.

Hmm from what I heard Gaz edited the post before the Saturday and Yub never saw it as it doesn't give a notification. If he did edit after the date then I agree with coolio, it's a scumbag move. But I took it as a simple mistake

5 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

If that is true, Yubel 100% deserves the win.

Just now, Kizhaz said:

Ok so in your eyes it would've been a no contest if the sub were made earlier? I feel like this gets into subjectivity territory as I believe Spart made the sub after the post editing blew up, before hand he had as much reason to make a sub as Coolio. If a sub is played and the match still doesn't happen because of the opposite party, they should no longer be in advantage. This makes it so Spart has 0 control over the situation, he made the sub and is still punished.

I don't agree with your decision still, but I'll respect it

Hmm from what I heard Gaz edited the post before the Saturday and Yub never saw it as it doesn't give a notification. If he did edit after the date then I agree with coolio, it's a scumbag move. But I took it as a simple mistake

Firstly, did Yubel only realise about the PM edit after the date passed? If that's the case, then Gazelli can say he edited the pm whenever he likes and nobody would ever know.

Why would Gaz edit his post and change the time during the week? How does that even make sense. I know Gazelli has a few screws loose but even he isn't stupid enough to realise you'd need to actually post an new comment or tell them in game you edited to notify the player. He isn't that brain dead to think you can just edit a post and it will all be ok, he's just trying to use excuses. We're talking about Gazelli here, the biggest snake on PokeMMO... It's something he would do. It was no accident.

Like... How can you just edit a date in a PM and just expect that to be fine... Did he not think Yubel had to accept this new date? C'mon man, you guys really can't actually believe that.

4 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

Just wanted to voice my opinion before everything settles and nobody cares anymore. What I've taken from this is that

-Gazeli was free 4 days of the week

-Yub available the remaining 3 days of the week

both are respectable time periods for a match so no problem.

-Gaz made a mistake in editing his post so that Yub did not see it

At this point the activity win is in Yubs favor

-Spaint rectifies this mistake by making a sub in Kaero

-Kaero immediately takes action by contacting Yub, Yub declines as it is too late/early

Although understandable (If my team where winning and it was 3am I wouldn't want to risk tired misplays preventing the win) this is where             Yub loses the activity win

-Knowing Yub cannot play Sunday Coolio has to make a decision whether to make a sub or not

In a manager pov he makes the correct decision in going for the activity decision, however is an even better reason to lose privileges for an activity win

I agree with Xploz and Lion (sorry Nik, but not playing because of no scouting time? really?) Should've been a no contest for sure.

To add to what Kaynine said, Kaero doesn't IMMEDIATELY take action by contacting Yubell. The sub was made on Sunday morning and Kaero contacts Yubell on Monday at 4 in the morning. That's not a time at which I would play at. Refusing to play because of no scouting time is just one of the more additional reasons Yubell could have possibly given, but definitely not the primary one. 

43 minutes ago, SejuaniSupport said:

Gz friend, It helped them a lot

First, you spread some lie that I was scared to fight you just because you're pooped you and you wanted it 1 hour earlier, typical ignorant algum br.

Then, you're so salty you couldn't forget your loss that you start name dropping me in irrelevant shit while some morons who can smd give you likes.

Now you're out of arguments and you're saying my win didn't matter, well I'll have you know I don't give a single fuck whether my team won or lost, what matters is that I wrecked you whether you were coached by frogs, or osuki or whoever the fuck he is, now if you'd like to stop tagging me with gazelli or anyone else, that would be appreciated.

8 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

I really don't like this kind of not-said argument. Who did you hear that from ? 

If there is no evidence about this, then it should be presumed wrong.

I mean we could say anything we want if we're going this way. 

4 hours ago, NikhilR said:

To add to what Kaynine said, Kaero doesn't IMMEDIATELY take action by contacting Yubell. The sub was made on Sunday morning and Kaero contacts Yubell on Monday at 4 in the morning. 

That's wrong, I checked and he contacted him immediately after that the sub was anounced. 

8 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

One thing to take into account is that Spart has a huge jet lag so I'm pretty sure he did his best and he is not the one to blame here. 

From an external point of view (of a guy who doesn't care about gazelli and who never talks to him), it seems like you're very subjective in what you say. I can understand that because you all hate this guy but you must be careful about the veracity of your arguments.

Also I think that Yubel himself can come and tell us what really happened. 

I have no clue where k9 got that story. I wanted to test a team me and gaz made and he wasn't online (whispering). Then it was Sunday around 12am or 1am(My time Don remember) where he whispered me and we were talking about my schedule with Gary. 

9 hours ago, Kanzo said:

Me vs Guerinff in 5 min.

Hide contents

Is it really hard to ask ur manager for a sub and pass on all the info of your opponents times to your manager? I had the same situation with Guerinff. Couldn't make it 2 times, obviously Guerinff would get activity win so i asked for a sub, almost 2 full days before dead line. This all could have been prevented by them if they did the same shit "communicate with ur manager" on time.

But we both are respectable adults and we can communicate between us. 

Just now, XPLOZ said:

Yes because it was Saturday night, before that Yubel couldn't battle the whole Sunday. 

Then I can understand why an activity win for Yubell could seem unlikely. But let's put it this way:

1) Yubell was supposed to play Gaz on Saturday, something they both agreed upon and Gaz knew that Yub could not play on Sunday.

2) Gaz doesn't show up for the battle on Saturday and then edits his pm log to make it look like they agreed to battle on Sunday, initially.

3) Was Gaz thinking that by manipulating the PM log, he could force out a sub from the Caterpies and play a worse player?

Under those circumstances, I think an activity win for Yubell was the right decision.

A similar situation happened two PSL seasons ago where I was matched up vs sweendog (DPP). The guy was non responsive to my PMs and I told Gunt that I would not be able to play on Sunday. Gunt told me that he'd give me the activity win if a sub wasn't made before Sunday. I'm not sure when the sub was announced, but Kriger caught me in the morning around 9:30 am (on Sunday) and I had to leave at like around 10. He needed twenty minutes to build a team and then sent me the duel request at 9:50. I played hurriedly, badly and thus lost. Could I have avoided the battle and fished for the activity win? Yes. And I think that's what the Caterpies did.

I still don't understand why all of this complaining took place after the deadline. There's no way the Spartans would get an activity win unless Gaz thought he could get away with that PM edit. At most it would be a no contest and the Caterpies would still win since it was 5-4.