Bye TeamSpeak

Bestfriends

I plan on doing a premier on TeamSpeak. TeamSpeak was really a luxary when it first debuted, but Desu announced something that will change Roy Rogers Inc's usual conduct. A lot of content on my YouTube channel was made by the assistance of TeamSpeak. I will miss the conversations I had on this form of communication.

PSA on my YouTube channel due to this change:

Spoiler

Good afternoon PokeMMO, I was hit with unfortunate news that TeamSpeak is closing its doors on Feb 20th 2017. Due to this announcement, I am going to have some drastic changes that may help or hurt my brand. Lets start with the bad first so the good can come last to make people feel better:

Bad:

1. Interviews plan on being discontinued.

2. I no longer plan on working with co-hosts.

3. Due to number 2, I am going to have to be by myself on my Tutorial and Walkthrough networks (hopefully Jerry arrives so I can finish up Kanto before then)

4. There are occasional guest appearances for my tournament commentaries, but that is no longer the case.

Good:

1. I don't have to coordinate with anymore schedules meaning "quicker content."

2. Like 1, I can just do a segment when I want instead of waiting on someone.

3. This gives more room for me to entertain everyone (sometimes co-hosts have no idea what you are trying to get at).

I look forward to hearing the memories of TeamSpeak has had upon everyone here reading this thread.

Just now, Bestfriends said:

I was chatting privately about that. My main concern is the cost. Is it free or does it cost money to host it?

Free.

Has a browser version, desktop app and mobile app.

It's like Teamspeak and Skype had a baby that's way more successful than them.

Just now, DrCraig said:

Free.

Has a browser version, desktop app and mobile app.

It's like Teamspeak and Skype had a baby that's way more successful than them.

It might take a while for me to adapt to Discord, but its worth a shot. I might need someone to come on TS with me and show me how to download and host it. I have another question, due to me wanting to keep my privacy, almost no one on PokeMMO know what I look like. On Discord, is there a way to deactivate the camera mode?

1 minute ago, Bestfriends said:

It might take a while for me to adapt to Discord, but its worth a shot. I might need someone to come on TS with me and show me how to download and host it. I have another question, due to me wanting to keep my privacy, almost no one on PokeMMO know what I look like. On Discord, is there a way to deactivate the camera mode?

Discord does not use video, and voice is optional.

Edited by Pereiraa
21 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

No camera.

You can make unlimited servers for free. Each server you can make text chat rooms and voice chat rooms (and you can add passwords). Like:

Spoiler

87a2a74214c1a8be1d7fb17aeefdd78e.png

You can assign custom roles to each member of the discord, giving them different text, viewing, editing, administrative etc. permissions.

A Peach discussion discord I'm in is structured like this:

Spoiler

2deb54d30eb8cfd780d7630834111927.png

You can also assign ranks without dividing up the online user list.

Spoiler

9c9c4dca10be0bdeb0c55897dae61b86.png haha

Theres a lot of features, its pretty lit. You can use emoji and make custom ones for your server (similiar to twitch emotes).

dont ban me for advertising pls im not i swear 

edit: also you can add notifications for new messages, as well as notifications for when somebody tags you ( I can type @YourUsername and youll get a notification)

edit2: and u can connect social media and shit like that to ur profile (youtube, steaming and all that shit)

Edited by DrCraig
4 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

Also when you click the x on Discord it doesn't actually close and disconnect you from voice like I do on teamspeak every time I'm on at least once 

Are you saying this as a negative because thats one of the reasons I highly dislike discord

5 minutes ago, Munya said:

Are you saying this as a negative because thats one of the reasons I highly dislike discord

I mean if you just use the browser version it can be closed like that. Also pretty sure there's an option for it in settings of the app. Granted I think teamspeak does too so it was mostly a joke because I really do that all the time on accident while closing other windows 

7 hours ago, DrCraig said:

No camera.

You can make unlimited servers for free. Each server you can make text chat rooms and voice chat rooms (and you can add passwords). Like:

Reveal hidden contents

You can assign custom roles to each member of the discord, giving them different text, viewing, editing, administrative etc. permissions.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Theres a lot of features, its pretty lit. You can use emoji and make custom ones for your server (similiar to twitch emotes).

edit: also you can add notifications for new messages, as well as notifications for when somebody tags you ( I can type @YourUsername and youll get a notification)

edit2: and u can connect social media and shit like that to ur profile (youtube, steaming and all that shit)

RfKyQFo.png

Edited by Vorred
On 12/2/2017 at 10:31 PM, DrCraig said:

No camera.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Dont forget you can add bots, for example, to have a full song playlist in the voice channel (The bot´s voice is the song)

• Zehkar locked this topic