Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Toupi

The next generation is ...

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Atumisk said:

It'll be Johto, with a great Jumpeon event

Nope, its Sinnoh. You can tell by the responses to the thread. My favourite Gen 4 poke is Toxicroak because its unique for a pokemon. I mean its Poison/Fighting type which sounds like a cool combo.

 

08da8e1f277ff499275e570ae3a13ccf.png

 

Edited by Bestfriends
Made my sentence sound a little better

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

Rule 1 of MMOs. Do the opposite of what Xatu says and you'll be fine.

or sometimes what Bestfriends says on forums....

 

(I can make fun of myself, if I want to)

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

Nope, its Sinnoh. You can tell by the responses to the thread. My favourite Gen 4 poke is Toxicroak because its unique for a pokemon. I mean its Poison/Fighting type which sounds like a cool combo.

 

08da8e1f277ff499275e570ae3a13ccf.png

 

Didn't you make a thread about exclude Sinnoh tho?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Minsu said:

Didn't you make a thread about exclude Sinnoh tho?

I also made a comment to lock it because devs are planning on implementing it.

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

Nope, its Sinnoh. You can tell by the responses to the thread. My favourite Gen 4 poke is Toxicroak because its unique for a pokemon. I mean its Poison/Fighting type which sounds like a cool combo.

 

08da8e1f277ff499275e570ae3a13ccf.png

 

Gen 4 was a really awkward time for me, personally.
I've been in it since Gen 1 and had a weird "I'm kind of too old for Pokemon" phase when Gen 4 came out. Even though I still loved all the Pokemon before that, when I got back into seriously playing again, I couldn't ever develop a taste for Gen 4. There are maybe a couple in 4 that I think look alright, but overall I will always love how they introduced tactically using Multi-Types. That's probably the coolest thing aside from EVs that's ever happened to it.

Poison/Fighting though? That's not bad at all. It's a weird set, but because it's weird there really aren't many Pokemon who would be a threat to it

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Atumisk said:

Gen 4 was a really awkward time for me, personally.
I've been in it since Gen 1 and had a weird "I'm kind of too old for Pokemon" phase when Gen 4 came out. Even though I still loved all the Pokemon before that, when I got back into seriously playing again, I couldn't ever develop a taste for Gen 4. There are maybe a couple in 4 that I think look alright, but overall I will always love how they introduced tactically using Multi-Types. That's probably the coolest thing aside from EVs that's ever happened to it.

Poison/Fighting though? That's not bad at all. It's a weird set, but because it's weird there really aren't many Pokemon who would be a threat to it

This frog is a little under estimated. Try to fend off a Sucker punch from it.

 

f424f778b266100cdfc49c45de325eb4.png

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Minsu said:

Didn't you make a thread about exclude Sinnoh tho?

46 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

I also made a comment to lock it because devs are planning on implementing it.

 

Can anyone actually show me any evidence that SINNOH is what we're getting?? Seriously all this garbage about Sinnoh this Sinnoh that but I only see evidence for Unova so far. Seriously why would Kyu post a bridge from Unova if we are getting Sinnoh? All these players basically confirming Sinnoh in their heads and posts but not a shred of evidence for it except that troll comment by Kyu from like a month ago. Do you really think a troll comment outweighs an update post for everyone to see before they log into the game? If anything the comment Kyu made today about wanting to go as recent as possible confirms Unova further. I feel like people are completely disregarding this possibility and this thread will look ridiculous in the trash when the update drops.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, awkways said:

 

Can anyone actually show me any evidence that SINNOH is what we're getting?? Seriously all this garbage about Sinnoh this Sinnoh that but I only see evidence for Unova so far. Seriously why would Kyu post a bridge from Unova if we are getting Sinnoh? All these players basically confirming Sinnoh in their heads and posts but not a shred of evidence for it except that troll comment by Kyu from like a month ago. Do you really think a troll comment outweighs an update post for everyone to see before they log into the game? If anything the comment Kyu made today about wanting to go as recent as possible confirms Unova further. I feel like people are completely disregarding this possibility and this thread will look ridiculous in the trash when the update drops.

Thought waiting years for legendary pokemon would show that bridge doesn't mean anything either, all of it is more or less just excited chatter until the update actually happens. They aren't fond of releasing information before hand so we more than likely won't know anything until the night of the update. ( Not speaking poorly of them, I fully understand the reasoning behind keeping everything on the down low. )

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, awkways said:

Seriously why would Kyu post a bridge from Unova if we are getting Sinnoh? All these players basically confirming Sinnoh in their heads and posts but not a shred of evidence for it

There's no evidence saying that bridge is the one in unova. Quite frankly it doesn't look anything like skyarrow bridge apart from being a suspension bridge. If anything the fog in the picture pays a better hint considering fog was introduced in the gen 4 games where you needed the HM Defog to clear it and all. 

 

Point being there's pretty much no evidence pointing either way as to assume which generation it would be, I just feel like its safer to assume Gen 4 because the HG/SS roms are already something they're familiar with and already a part of the game, and gen 5 would mean slapping in another rom to the list of shit you need to download to play this game. 

 

If I had to guess what they were doing I'd say they're finishing that custom region (that was supposed to exist before Hoenn) using the assets from the gen 3 roms so that all the graphics still run on the average toaster. since that's one of the biggest things this game has going for it. and they'll slap gen 4 content (such as items, moves, pokemon, etc) into that using the hg/ss assets since that rom is already one of the ones used, and most people have it anyway. At least that's what I'd thought until Kyu implied they have no issues with DS roms in general, now I really don't know what the fuck all they could be doing. I just really know skipping gen 4 straight to 5 would make me a very sad boy.

Share this post


Link to post

That's exactly my point. We don't know whats coming until the update or PTS randomly hits. No sense in people getting super butt-hurt over Sinnoh just yet, which is what 90% of this thread has been.

 

Edit: I just want Johto tho D:

Edited by awkways

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, awkways said:

That's exactly my point. We don't know whats coming until the update or PTS randomly hits. No sense in people getting super butt-hurt over Sinnoh just yet, which is what 90% of this thread has been.

 

Edit: I just want Johto tho D:

Come to think of it, you might just get it. The devs want to implement Sinnoh, so they can then implement Johto via Heartgold/SoulSilver.

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, kihiko said:

We already have the starters of jotho, or is l interest to add the region ?

this.

 

The reason I assume it's gen 4: Sinnoh, is cause there is no point in adding johto (that would just be adding a region, not a generation). And I just can't see them adding gen 5 before gen 4. So by deduction, it must be gen 4. If it's not, then it's either something I'm not aware of at all, or we are just getting trolled and their idea of a new generation is adding legendaries and dungeons.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.