The next generation is ...

Toupi

On 25.02.2017 at 9:16 PM, Desu said:

I choose to express it over a period of 1000 months; starting today.

"S"

I just wonder. Will we get like a new "bit" of expression once a month or not :S 1000months is a long time, not sure if this generation of PokeMMO players will live till then :I

Almost 3 months since the last update, it is a long time...

So how big is the update?

How long were they working on it before hyping the forum?

Ain't they already and just let us fall asleep so the bombshell will hit hard?

Is the bridge a hint of just something to amuse the Devs?

So many questions, so little answers...

They already forgot dis update and just chilling doing nothing again and u all fantasying about them working day and nite to bring u new content... le begging le updates on work while they all with beer in le hand sitting watching TV and laughing from ya. Have some self respect and decency there !

Edited by elfZ
4 minutes ago, Sezh said:
  Hide contents

vIZ3AYG.png

Hide contents

maxresdefault.jpg

Just realize that black and white are coming

I will argue that these two bridges are different. To do this, I will use a proof by contradiction.

Therefore, suppose not; that is, suppose that these two bridges are the same.

Notice that the supporting structures for the bridge in the cartridge game have two tall towers, whereas Rache's bridge's supporting structures are relatively flat on top and has no tall, protruding towers. Continuing to look at the supporting structures of the bridge will yet again bring to light another difference; the cartridge game's bridge's supporting structures have no horizontal braces running across them (besides the main one), as opposed to Rache's bridge's supporting structures, which have several horizontal braces running up the length of the structures. Additionally, the vertical suspension cables in the cartridge game's bridge are strung at a far less frequency than Rache's bridge. Furthermore, notice the presence of fog/mist in Rache's bridge; this is a stark contrast to the cartridge game's bridge, where it is very clearly a clear night with only a couple clouds in the sky.

Therefore, the only possible way that these two bridges are the same is if Rache is a terrible artist. However, we know for a fact that Rache is arguably (but not really arguably) the best artist on this forum. Therefore, we have reached a logical contradiction: Rache is a terrible artist, and Rache is a fantastic artist. Due to this contradiction, it must be that these two bridges are not the same.

28 minutes ago, Gilan said:

I will argue that these two bridges are different. To do this, I will use a proof by contradiction. (...)

Well you are for sure right that those are NOT the same bridges. However, this image could be made by Rachel but that does not mean she draw or painted it. Probably it's just edited photo of suspension bridge and all colors,contrast and fog was added by her. If this is edited photo then it cannot look like bridge from the game(it could be possible if game-bridge was inspired by real bridge) because she tweaked it to look like she wanted and does not add shape to fashion it into something else(it's like sculpting and painting difference).

Things does not need to look the same to point at each other. If Kyu would post a "New Generation" Topic with image of some mon/feature/move/ability from gen5, we would be quessing it's about 5th gen(even though he didnt say or show number 5 anywhere). Sneak peaks almost never show fully what they are "announcing". When developers or producers sneak peak something, they show only a silhouette or maybe some screenshot of yet unfinished product. They leave hints for community to spark an interest and let future users to discuss over it, share with friends/family and stuff. But they never show something obvious.

Bridge is probably only symbolic and does not to need to look like the one from the game. If gen5 is the case I doubt anyone will go extra mile to made them the same because it's not only a extra work but it also ruin a mystery "lol it's just this bridge from gen5, case closed, update when".

tl;dr; Im not saying it will be gen5 100%, but bridges does not need to be the same to point at gen5 or gen4 or whatever.

Oh Great Magnificent Toupi, why use so many words the same as my in somewhat sarcasm soaked question number 4?

Spoiler
2 hours ago, Toupi said:

Bridge is probably only symbolic and does not to need to look like the one from the game. If gen5 is the case I doubt anyone will go extra mile to made them the same because it's not only a extra work but it also ruin a mystery "lol it's just this bridge from gen5, case closed, update when".

Spoiler
10 hours ago, Heineken88 said:

Is the bridge a hint of just something to amuse the Devs?

For who didn't get it: THE DEV'S JUST HAVING A LAUGH!!! Even when it is a hint...

2 hours ago, Toupi said:

Well you are for sure right that those are NOT the same bridges. However, this image could be made by Rachel but that does not mean she draw or painted it. Probably it's just edited photo of suspension bridge and all colors,contrast and fog was added by her. If this is edited photo then it cannot look like bridge from the game(it could be possible if game-bridge was inspired by real bridge) because she tweaked it to look like she wanted and does not add shape to fashion it into something else(it's like sculpting and painting difference).

It the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge and is probably an edit of a real photo. Looking for the photo is next to impossible because there are thousands of photo's. And who knows, it could be a picture from a Dev's private collection.

Then there are several bridges "linked" and some even called "sister bridges". Just because of some similarity's

1) The Seto Ohashi group of bridges - Japan,  Between  Honshū and Shikoku - Ingame reference; Johto and the side Region: Almia
2) Akashi Kaikyō Bridge - Japan, City of Kobe - Ingame reference;  Olivine City - Johto

3) The Oakland Bay Bridge - USA -  No ingame reference.

4) Ponte 25 de Abril (English: 25th of April Bridge) - Portugal - No ingame area reference. (looks more like the Bay Bridge)

5) Forth Road Bridge - Scotland - No ingame area reference. (looks more like the Bay Bridge)

To make a long story short: IT WILL BE JOTHO!!! (and maybe some side-regions)

Want to puzzle your self, here's some help: Pokémon world in relation to the real world

For those who have trouble pronouncing Johto: "How to pronounce Johto"

Edited by Heineken88

The bridge is entirely different. Its about as different as the Cycling Bridge in Gen 4 is to the gen 5 bridge.

The Bidoof is a Gen 4 Pokemon.. This confirms Gen 4 Pokemon or atleast some are being implemented.

Defog is from Gen 4.

And most importantly the characters and graphics are just a bit different in Gen 5, so much so that if they go that route they will probably need to remake their hats. and probably have to Have two variations. Due to the fact that they are already using SoulSilver roms the hats and clothing would not need to be redone in Platinum. I suppose they could write over the B/W Character with the one from MMO. But would be weird.

Edited by GiratinaXTrainer