The next generation is ...

Toupi

5 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Its easy to talk down to others but nobody else is coming up with ideas.  I am simply stating possibilities.  If the money and support is there, why not?

It's simply not cost effective.

To fix your boner for gen3 the admins could maybe add some legacy queues limiting stuff to gen3mmo, I guess, but like you said they'd have a very small playerbase.

I'd just get over it and accept if a new generation comes. I too miss the era where Milotic didn't exist and my Blaziken would get easy sweeps but I'm not asking for a separate server without Milotic.

Edited by suigin
5 minutes ago, suigin said:

It's simply not cost effective.

To fix your boner for gen3 the admins could maybe add some legacy queues limiting stuff to gen3mmo, I guess, but like you said they'd have a very small playerbase.

I'd just get over it and accept if a new generation comes. I too miss the era where Milotic didn't exist and my Blaziken would get easy sweeps but I'm not asking for a separate server without Milotic.

Minor changes like that arent comparable at all.  Like i said before its like if blizzard automatically updated starcraft 1 to starcraft 2 and didnt allow people to play sc 1.  Little buffs here and there and implementations of a couple new mons doesnt compare to an entire different gen. 

EDIT: As for the cost effective part they could just choose not to host it that month if they didnt get to the allotted goal.

Edited by Xatu
1 minute ago, SodaNaranja said:

He's just trying to give his opinion, not everybody agree and feel frustation, the worse thing you can do is blaming someone for giving an opinion.

True, but not when everyone is against him.

4 hours ago, Kyu said:

Regardless of what you think, we can pick up on the sentiment that nearly everybody's really god damn bored, and they want something new. We are doing what we think is best for the game we made, and you all enjoy. This may not be what you want, but it's what we think most people want, hence why we're doing it.

I think everyone is bored because in order to do anything post game it has ridiculous wait times, and then breeding to get into competitive is on a system that makes you sit idle afk for an old man to finally give you an egg - as the fastest method for breeding.  Other then leaving the parents at the daycare, and getting a notification when an egg is produced, or having a set amount of time two parents with x conditions have to produce an egg with known knowledge to the playerbase.

Like I used to VS Seeker runs / Gym Run for money, stopped because it is boring to take 1 hour - 1.5 hours to produce any real income.  Moved onto paydaying and selling items on GTL, which was just purely grinding. Now berry farming where I only log in every 6-12 hours for about 15 minutes then log out, or sit and chat with friends before ultimately just logging out.

Your dungeons was a fantastic idea for player x player interaction, and with rewards for completing dungeons of money, and items. It could have been developed more, releasing single player dungeons, and more multiplayer dungeons, before making another region.  At least then players would have a post story mode they can effectively rely on after they speed run a new generation.

Because when you think about it that's ultimately is what is going to happen. Most Pokemon fans would have already played Gen IV ages ago on the 3DS.  They are going to come play the new region and then either take the iniative to play the "boring" post game, or just leave.  You are making it fun for a short amount of time, when you could of developed a great idea that would have ultimately been more fun in the long run.

Anyway's.  I'm not complaining, just adding to the discussion. I imagine work would be done on the breeding, money making concepts, and dungeons sooner or later, so i'll just have to deal till that happens.  Also on my downtime I been practicing my Sinnoh speedruns (assuming that's the region coming out), and plans for Gen IV PVE/Comp Pokemon.

Edited by Pythonhier
1 hour ago, Kyu said:

You know we can work on more than one thing at a time, right?

Really? Wow! Never knew that at all!  I'm sure no one else here did either!? That's incredible information that no one with a basic knowledge would have known!

^ Is that response lacking in contribution to the discussion enough for you, like yours was?

It's obvious that developers would be working on multiple things at once, but there is always a main project.  From the news given to the players, it seems the main project is releasing a new generation, and I was giving my input. In a thread. With that discussion.  I'm sure an admin like yourself can understand that. 

Sorry if you find this response insulting, but so was yours, and I normally respond to insults with insults.

Edited by Pythonhier
2 minutes ago, Pythonhier said:

Really? Wow! Never knew that at all!  I'm sure no one else here did either!? That's incredible information that no one with a basic knowledge would have known!

^ Is that response lacking in contribution to the discussion enough for you like yours was?

It's obvious that developers would be working on multiple things at once, but there is always a main project.  From the news given to the players, it seems the main project is releasing a new generation, and I was giving my input. In a thread. With that discussion.  I'm sure an admin like yourself can understand that. 

Sorry if you find this response insulting, but so was yours, and I normally respond to insults with insults.

you ok dude?

Hello everyone.

I got a request... You guys can argue all you want but, just give your opinion and try not to speak for other players. Sure you may know other players that share the same opinion but that doesn't mean that it's all of the other players want. All you got is a sample, a number of ppl, that share the same opinion, not the opinion of every player. Which you can clearly read in here that there are players that want, will enjoy, a new region with all the content...

Also. I don't remember, since i play this game, seen someone complaing about all the uptades that the comp. players got last year or the year before. You got better matchmaking, berries, new items, new ways to get moves, and maybe some other things... But every time someone makes a post about a new region... BOOOMM there are always ppl complaining that they don't want one. I mean this is a win/win situation. You guys get new items/moves, other players get a new region with a few new  pokes(yes, some are just a evolutions from pokes we already know, but still pretty cool)

Also. Why complaining now? Why there was no complaining back in October(?) when they made the, pretty obvious what was going to happen, announcement talking about the future of pokemmo?

Anyway. I am happy to see a new region being implemented in this game. Looking forward to play it.

Edited by insertusernamehere