The next generation is ...

Toupi

3 hours ago, Heineken88 said:

If it ain't the 4th gen that's being added, it is probably Johto. There are still 20 Pokémon not catchable from the 3th gen.

But it has been done before. Even 5th, 6th & 7th gen Pokémon in a GBA based game. All though that were hacked ROMs, it is possible so maybe the dev's found a similar, but legal way to do that.

Maps and city's wouldn't be a problem. That can be solved by automatically switching from 2D to 3D when you go to Sinnoh.

One way or the other, The Staff is probably rolling on the ground laughing their ass off.

Kyu has been pretty vocal when it comes to telling people that Johto won't do jackshit in terms of content and it will be a lot of fluff and a whole new region...for people to play against NPCs without having any new Pokemon or moves.

From a developer standpoint and as a person who know nothing about how integrating stuff into mmo works I'd probably work on incorporating the BW roms in some way. It's crazy to skip gen4, sure, but if you're gonna incorporate a new generation from the nds games might as well tackle the latest one released so people have access to even more Pokemon and moves and are entertained enough with the new content to shut the hell up about Johto while you work on legendary instances, new hats and similar stuff.

1 hour ago, suigin said:

Kyu has been pretty vocal when it comes to telling people that Johto won't do jackshit in terms of content and it will be a lot of fluff and a whole new region...for people to play against NPCs without having any new Pokemon or moves.

From a developer standpoint and as a person who know nothing about how integrating stuff into mmo works I'd probably work on incorporating the BW roms in some way. It's crazy to skip gen4, sure, but if you're gonna incorporate a new generation from the nds games might as well tackle the latest one released so people have access to even more Pokemon and moves and are entertained enough with the new content to shut the hell up about Johto while you work on legendary instances, new hats and similar stuff.

I am not really a fan of implementing any other region. I think we should stick to the original GBA feel to the game, but with Gen 4 items and Gen 6 mechanics to shake things up. @Rigamorty also mentioned Gen 4 moves which wouldn't hurt either. I just don't feel like its natural to have new pokemon in this GBA based MMO (unless you drive in flying cars and do some time travel Back to the Future style). I agree with @Xatu that we can change things up except for the pokemon. Having new gen pokemon in old GBA regions might turn off a larger demographic that do not read forums nor care to vote. I don't want to go into politics, but I feel like I have to. There is a reason why Hillary Clinton won the media polls, but lost the general election. In America there is something called the "silent majority" which consists of people who are quiet about their viewpoints. The reason I mention this is due to the fact that people keep giving me this poll as if the "majority of PokeMMO" is in favour of such a drastic change. I should know, I communicate with a lot of newer players and they tell me that they are "reliving their childhood."

I think this game needs "A new Generation", i dont care if its sinnoh or johto or a motherfucking dungeon, but 5 years with the same pokemon its kinda boring to me, i just want something new

Edited by Vanozz
1 hour ago, Bestfriends said:

I am not really a fan of implementing any other region. I think we should stick to the original GBA feel to the game, but with Gen 4 items and Gen 6 mechanics to shake things up. @Rigamorty also mentioned Gen 4 moves which wouldn't hurt either. I just don't feel like its natural to have new pokemon in this GBA based MMO (unless you drive in flying cars and do some time travel Back to the Future style). I agree with @Xatu that we can change things up except for the pokemon. Having new gen pokemon in old GBA regions might turn off a larger demographic that do not read forums nor care to vote. I don't want to go into politics, but I feel like I have to. There is a reason why Hillary Clinton won the media polls, but lost the general election. In America there is something called the "silent majority" which consists of people who are quiet about their viewpoints. The reason I mention this is due to the fact that people keep giving me this poll as if the "majority of PokeMMO" is in favour of such a drastic change. I should know, I communicate with a lot of newer players and they tell me that they are "reliving their childhood."

Gen4 is over 10 years old,  a 21 year old would be "reliving his childhood" just as much

gen5 is 7 years old, a 17 year old could be "reliving his childhood" too.

When I joined mmo, I joined a team since I needed money, and this team had an organized system where the leader would give the members certain tasks such as catching and confirming (thank god that's gone) 10 31 iv breeders, then we'd breed it into a 5x31 and we'd sell it and he'd pay us some pretty decent cash which helped me jumpstart my comp breeding. This leader, however refused to play in Hoenn, he'd stick around Kanto and make some decent money, and if he had to sell something to someone in Hoenn he'd ask someone from the team to deliver. Eventually he had to quit due to real life reasons however he was consistently one of the richest people i knew in game and he was fairly good at comp despite not really having any Hoenn comps or any interaction with Hoenn at all, so people can very easily ignore the hypothetical newer regions and stick to gen3 regions.

I really don't get what this demographic you're referring to does when encountering newer Pokemon. I know the typical "oh shit what is this Rhyperior thing? They ruined Rhydon!" or "What the hell is this "Combee" thing? back in my day we had 3 balls pasted together, none of this hexagon bullshit"reactions however in a lot of cases you can simply use the preevos in lower tiers without any difficulty (hell if they add Eviolite it'd help people who want to use preevos a lot). Using older, lower tiered pokemon in OU is also an option for them and I know damn well it doesn't stop those memers running fucking Pikachu or full NU teams in OU's queue for shits and giggles.

tl;dr: If you don't like newer shit then stick to the old one, you're being given the option. It's not like MMO will be gen4/5/8 only from now on, you can still get that "genuine" gen3 feeling unless Kyu sticks Bidoofs in every route of every region or something trolly like that.

Comp will be fairly different than before but nobody trying to "recapture the good old days" is playing comp, and if they are then they are in for a disappointing shock since the "good old times" back then when it came to comp were Crocune, DD Tyranitar, Curselax, SkarmBliss, and a ton of stuff that isn't available here anyways.

Edited by suigin
28 minutes ago, suigin said:

Gen4 is over 10 years old,  a 21 year old would be "reliving his childhood" just as much

gen5 is 7 years old, a 17 year old could be "reliving his childhood" too.

When I joined mmo, I joined a team since I needed money, and this team had an organized system where the leader would give the members certain tasks such as catching a confirming (thank god that's gone) 10 31 iv breeders, then we'd breed it into a 5x31 and we'd sell it and he'd pay us some pretty decent cash which helped me jumpstart my comp breeding. This leader, however refused to play in Hoenn, he'd stick around Kanto and make some decent money, and if he had to sell something to someone in Hoenn he'd ask someone from the team to deliver. Eventually he had to quit due to real life reasons however he was consistently one of the richest people i knew in game and he was fairly good at comp despite not really having any Hoenn comps or any interaction with Hoenn at all, so people can very easily ignore the hypothetical newer regions and stick to gen3 regions.

I really don't get what this demographic you're referring to does when encountering newer Pokemon. I know the typical "oh shit what is this Rhyperior thing? They ruined Rhydon!" or "What the hell is this "Combee" thing? back in my day we had 3 balls pasted together, none of this hexagon bullshit"reactions however in a lot of cases you can simply use the preevos in lower tiers without any difficulty (hell if they add Eviolite it'd help people who want to use preevos a lot). Using older, lower tiered pokemon in OU is also an option for them and I know damn well it doesn't stop those memers running fucking Pikachu or full NU teams in OU's queue for shits and giggles.

tl;dr: If you don't like newer shit then stick to the old one, you're being given the option. It's not like MMO will be gen4/5/8 only from now on, you can still get that "genuine" gen3 feeling unless Kyu sticks Bidoofs in every route of every region or something trolly like that.

Comp will be fairly different than before but nobody trying to "recapture the good old days" is playing comp, and if they are then they are in for a disappointing shock since the "good old times" back then when it came to comp were Crocune, DD Tyranitar, Curselax, SkarmBliss, and a ton of stuff that isn't available here anyways.

Wow Gen 4 is 10 years old, your really aging me, but they are facts.....

I believe PokeMMO is a good game without the newer Pokemon added (I am still wanting Gen 1-3 legendaries for dex entries). I feel that the devs' attention once focused on giving us access to all the gen 3 pokes for our dex and completed the rest of Hoenn, then they could be focusing on things to enhance our experience like my Link Skype suggestion, Notepad suggestion, etc.

The demographic I am referring to are the newer players I chat with. You may ask, why am I chatting with newer players, they are way out of your league. Lets just say, that I help some newer players, garner their trust, and then advertise my YouTube channels.

Onto your other question, I do not think it's going to be a good idea to throw in Gen 4 pokemon in a Gen 3 setting (it feels funny). I have a gut feeling that you had not watched the movie "Back to the Future", man I feel so old. Let me tell you the concept of the movie and how it applies to my point, there is a kid and a mad scientist and they travel back in time with an exotic car that drives into a time portal. The son then finds his Dad back in high school stalking his mom, but the son accidentally meets his high school aged mom (I hope your following along, this will fit into my example). The mom falls in love with the son and he tries everything possible to break up the relationship with the mom (watch the movie for a conclusion, I am not spoiling it). How does this movie apply to my Pokemon example? Think of your Gen 4-7 pokemon like the son and Kanto and Hoenn are both like the mom. The dad is the gen 1-3 pokemon. Let the Dad and Mom fall in love.

When I mean the "good ole times," I am not referring to the competitive combos. I am referring to "gameplay nostalgia." People want to remember their childhood by not even thinking about the later gens and how they apply to PokeMMO. There is a reason why Nintendo released FireRed/Leafgreen, Heartgold/Soulsilver, and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. Nintendo knew that they can market on people's feelings for that generation. In FireRed and LeafGreen, they didn't throw in any Gen 3 pokes except for Deoxys at Birth Island. If PokeMMO decides to throw in newer gens, they might lose some of their playerbase. The Corporate World and PokeMMO are similar in that they don't want to do something that would "scare off consumers."

In summary, I feel it is not a good idea for PokeMMO to introduce new pokemon. It could ruin the experience of a lot of players who may not want to move to another generation. The dev team can't just say "tough luck" because that's a demographic they are shutting off. Business wise, I feel that PokeMMO should have Gen 3 pokemon with Gen 4 comp items and Gen 6 move pools (I am kind of restating @Xatu's point).

Yooo.. There's nothing wrong with new people. 

*rolls eyes*

Change sucks and it's new. Not everyone likes change.

But, you gotta make room for it. That's my opinion.

To have a bigger 'thing' going on in a dying PokeMMO, gotta stop knocking off the newer players.

That's just my point of view. Sure, there's a tight friendship with people that have been around 

longer, that's how it is for a lot of groups, games, etc. Not just online, but in reality. They're there

to be joined. It's not something everyone wants to play to be competitive or take seriously - for example, 

the nostalgic reason and hello, the gens are Kanto and Hoenn. 

You gotta realize that Kanto came out in the 90s and Hoenn, early 2000s. 

Sure, I'm breeding and I plan on getting into it, more.

I get into things I'm very passionate about and Pokemon just happens to be one of them.

The last time I was here, I had just got started on working on comps.

Then real life hits ya like a subway train.

Now, I'm back and doing it again. 

Man, I just came to a realization.

I really suck at trying to word things. 

xD

To be honest, I feel that gen 4 was the worst one overall, but the thing is that people change, and times change, and as such, there comes a time for change.
I feel that after many years of really nothing new happening, that time for change is now.

That being said, if you don't like gen 4 (or whatever the gen is that they are working on), and you are here for nostalgic reasons, then just Ignore Sinnoh and all pokemon from there. It's simple as that. I doesn't really matter if you want it or not, because there are other people out there who don't agree with you, no matter who you are, and because of that, there will always be people who love the new content, and people who hate it. That is a risk that the server owners have to take when the time for massive content comes.
Think about it this way for a sec. Lots of people are excited for Legendary dungeons, but what about the people who don't want the legendaries added, because they are afraid it will break the game? too bad, they are already working on them, because it is the time to do so. we need this, and I feel that the staff understands that, and will do whatever they can to satisfy as many people as possible.
Personally, I don't really want Sinnoh, because I dislike gen 4, but at this point, I just want to continue my adventure, and capture new pokemon. So I really don't care what place is added, as long as I can have something new, even if it is the worst Region in Pokemon History. Q~Q

5 hours ago, mmead said:

To be honest, I feel that gen 4 was the worst one overall, but the thing is that people change, and times change, and as such, there comes a time for change.
I feel that after many years of really nothing new happening, that time for change is now.

That being said, if you don't like gen 4 (or whatever the gen is that they are working on), and you are here for nostalgic reasons, then just Ignore Sinnoh and all pokemon from there. It's simple as that. I doesn't really matter if you want it or not, because there are other people out there who don't agree with you, no matter who you are, and because of that, there will always be people who love the new content, and people who hate it. That is a risk that the server owners have to take when the time for massive content comes.
Think about it this way for a sec. Lots of people are excited for Legendary dungeons, but what about the people who don't want the legendaries added, because they are afraid it will break the game? too bad, they are already working on them, because it is the time to do so. we need this, and I feel that the staff understands that, and will do whatever they can to satisfy as many people as possible.
Personally, I don't really want Sinnoh, because I dislike gen 4, but at this point, I just want to continue my adventure, and capture new pokemon. So I really don't care what place is added, as long as I can have something new, even if it is the worst Region in Pokemon History. Q~Q

I don't want to call Gen 4 the "worst generation" of all time, but this is a Gen 3 atmosphere. Think about it in this light, its like throwing in Infernape in Pokemon Stadium 2 or Klingklang in our GBA. What I am trying to say is that it just doesn't feel right. I can tell you a lot more people want the legendaries ever since Pokemon GO was a thing. People ask me

Random guy: "where is the mystic pokemon?"

I reply: "mystic, you mean Staryu?" 

Random guy: "no, where is the blue legendary bird with the cool tail, its a Gen 1 bird."

I reply: "Oh Articuno, that has not been implemented yet."

Random guy: "Ah, I hope they do implement it!"

Going to your point, for the people who don't want to go into dungeons, let all legendaries be in the Ubers list so the problem is solved. I feel like there is a lot of hidden potential that the staff lounge should tap into like the Trick House, Battle Tower north of Mauville, Implementation of Dome, pyramid, pike, and there are much more examples I can cite.

EDIT: To address your other point, staff are going to have to do one massive surgery on Sinnoh to let it meet up to PokeMMO's standards. In Sinnoh, the legendaries are the main topic for a lot of NPCs and even Team Galatic is all about them. Yes, you could argue that Team Magma and Aqua are all about the legendaries, but you catch them at the end of the game.

Edited by Bestfriends
Forgot to mention my Sinnoh point
4 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

I don't want to call Gen 4 the "worst generation" of all time, but this is a Gen 3 atmosphere. Think about it in this light, its like throwing in Infernape in Pokemon Stadium 2 or Klingklang in our GBA. What I am trying to say is that it just doesn't feel right. I can tell you a lot more people want the legendaries ever since Pokemon GO was a thing. People ask me

Random guy: "where is the mystic pokemon?"

I reply: "mystic, you mean Staryu?" 

Random guy: "no, where is the blue legendary bird with the cool tail, its a Gen 1 bird."

I reply: "Oh Articuno, that has not been implemented yet."

Random guy: "Ah, I hope they do implement it!"

Going to your point, for the people who don't want to go into dungeons, let all legendaries be in the Ubers list so the problem is solved. I feel like there is a lot of hidden potential that the staff lounage should tap into like the Trick House, Battle Tower north of Mauville, Implementation of Dome, pyramid, pike, and there are much more examples I can cite.

Maybe a person who owns a "legendary" they are forced to enter a tournament and gets to keep for a week if they win, cannot trade, cannot put on gtl, cannot release.

Just now, Gunthug said:

There will always be people who oppose progress 

I am fine with PokeMMO introducing new moves, but I cannot bare the thought of new pokemon being implemented in our Gen 3 atmosphere.

It depends on the progress your talking about. Here are progressive things I support:

1. Implementation of all Gen 1-3 legendaries just for our dex.

2. Trick Room, Pyramid, Dome, and Pike being implemented

3. Battle tower in Hoenn being accessible (the one north of Mauville)

If the "progress" your referring to is "new pokemon", then I am against that because its like Back to the Future. I do not want to explain the story again, so I am going to quote myself...

9 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

Let me tell you the concept of the movie and how it applies to my point, there is a kid and a mad scientist and they travel back in time with an exotic car that drives into a time portal. The son then finds his Dad back in high school stalking his mom, but the son accidentally meets his high school aged mom (I hope your following along, this will fit into my example). The mom falls in love with the son and he tries everything possible to break up the relationship with the mom (watch the movie for a conclusion, I am not spoiling it). How does this movie apply to my Pokemon example? Think of your Gen 4-7 pokemon like the son and Kanto and Hoenn are both like the mom. The dad is the gen 1-3 pokemon. Let the Dad and Mom fall in love.

When I ask people (particularly new players) "why are you here", most of them respond (talking about the english speakers, not the spanish speakers) "to get away from the newer stuff that pokemon has to offer and be with my gf, fiancee, or wife in sprite form." We are the vocal minority, but there is a silent majority who do not go on forums to explain their side of the story.

29 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

I am fine with PokeMMO introducing new moves, but I cannot bare the thought of new pokemon being implemented in our Gen 3 atmosphere.

It depends on the progress your talking about. Here are progressive things I support:

1. Implementation of all Gen 1-3 legendaries just for our dex.

2. Trick Room, Pyramid, Dome, and Pike being implemented

3. Battle tower in Hoenn being accessible (the one north of Mauville)

If the "progress" your referring to is "new pokemon", then I am against that because its like Back to the Future. I do not want to explain the story again, so I am going to quote myself...

When I ask people (particularly new players) "why are you here", most of them respond (talking about the english speakers, not the spanish speakers) "to get away from the newer stuff that pokemon has to offer and be with my gf, fiancee, or wife in sprite form." We are the vocal minority, but there is a silent majority who do not go on forums to explain their side of the story.

What is the difference, in your mind, between new moves and new pokemon? Why doesn't your "back to the future" analogy apply to gen 3 moves too?

Also, why do you believe that all progress will be stopped on gen 1-3 legendaries, trick room/pyramid/dome/pike, and battle tower in Hoenn?

I know you aren't very familiar with competitive pokemon, so I won't fully address the many flaws in your argument there. I'll just say that this is only a gen 3 atmosphere because we lack gen 4 pokemon and moves - it is not by choice. The "well the people I talk to say this" argument is really, really, really bad because you have no idea how big your sample size is and how representative it is of the overall opinion. You can claim there's a silent majority (keeping with your insistence on making everything a backwards political reference) but you actually have no idea. There could be a silent majority of people who are WAITING for gen 4 pokemon before they play this game.