The next generation is ...

Toupi

With my eyes of imagination i can see 2 scenarios:

1)
Kyu will wait with update till 01.04 and said "lol jk"

2)
The day of an update has come. Unaware ppl are login into the game. Suddenly! A window informing about necessity of downloading additional content! "OOHH SHIIIIT UPDATE IS HERE". After downloading files, the background changed to bridge in fog (same as on image posted by Kyu on a forum). "IT'S HAPPENING!". You select character and enter... At the begining you see good old pokecenter when suddenly an update window appears!

Spoiler

J64LUdr.jpg

So let's pray it's something less anticlimactic because with half of community beliving it will be a whole region, everything they deliver will be anticlimax xd

Welp there goes almost everything this game had going for it.  Our unique meta is over.  Now we will basically be playing gen 4 on pokemon showdown in an mmo format.  The ability to use 4th gen items in a 3rd gen environment is gone.  This will leave players missing something that is no longer available (lets hope you guys allow us to create a private server or something...).  Expect huge outrage and lots and lots of the hardcore players to leave.  Even if you add an ability to use "3rd gen only" mons like someone else mentioned, thats gonna be like trying to enter NU matchmaking.  On top of this we never even got to see a third gen meta with legendaries.  We never got any dedicated custom pve or pvp areas.  Really guys, this is too little too late.  Nobody even likes 4th gen.  It sucked and was 100% weather wars.  All of the new mons also outclass many of the older ones.  And with the new moves and sets many of our comps we have now will be useless or greatly hindered. 

Just now, Xatu said:

Welp there goes almost everything this game had going for it.  Our unique meta is over.  Now we will basically be playing gen 4 on pokemon showdown in an mmo format.  The ability to use 4th gen items in a 3rd gen environment is gone.  This will leave players missing something that is no longer available (lets hope you guys allow us to create a private server or something...).  Expect huge outrage and lots and lots of the hardcore players to leave.  Even if you add an ability to use "3rd gen only" mons like someone else mentioned, thats gonna be like trying to enter NU matchmaking.  On top of this we never even got to see a third gen meta with legendaries.  We never got any dedicated custom pve or pvp areas.  Really guys, this is too little too late.  Nobody even likes 4th gen.  It sucked and was 100% weather wars.  All of the new mons also outclass many of the older ones.  And with the new moves and sets many of our comps we have now will be useless or greatly hindered. 

lmao calm down, we don't even know what's being added yet.

5 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Nobody even likes 4th gen.  It sucked and was 100% weather wars.

Okay I was really trying to take your post seriously until I got to this part and realized you haven't actually played gen 4. Maybe if you said gen 5 was all weather wars, but gen 4 was the pinnacle of competitive pokemon as far as diverse play styles go.

Even if the prominence of weather was actually a problem in gen 4, most of any weather that comes into play is from sand stream and that only lasts 5 turns in pokemmo instead of forever. So yeah.

Edited by Rigamorty
15 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

Okay I was really trying to take your post seriously until I got to this part and realized you haven't actually played gen 4. Maybe if you said gen 5 was all weather wars, but gen 4 was the pinnacle of competitive pokemon as far as diverse play styles go.

Even if the prominence of weather was actually a problem in gen 4, most of any weather that comes into play is from sand stream and that only lasts 5 turns in pokemmo instead of forever. So yeah.

Yeah... I'm not here to play gen 4. I'm pretty sure lots of other players aren't either.  Looking through the suggestions and such there has never even been much calling from the community to even add gen 4. I really don't know what possessed them to do this but with you being on the TC and all... don't you feel like this diminishes all the hard work you guys have done within the tiers? And if we do have a "3rd gen only" option wouldn't this freeze or atleast slow the progression of the unique meta we currently have.  Wouldn't this require two tier councils?  I love Pokémmo as it is now.   Gen 3 isn't even fully ported yet and there is masses of untapped potential for more MMO based features.  If we added a hardcore mode or open wilderness this would make pokemmo make headlines like it used to.  

2 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Yeah... I'm not here to play gen 4. I'm pretty sure lots of other players aren't either. 

small example clearly but majority shows favor for gen 4 even on this small poll

4 minutes ago, Xatu said:

with you being on the TC and all... don't you feel like this diminishes all the hard work you guys have done within the tiers?

I'm pretty excited to tier that much new stuff. Sure it's work, but us on tier council do it as volunteers and I know at least personally i like doing it so I look forward to tiering any new additions. 

5 minutes ago, Xatu said:

And if we do have a "3rd gen only" option wouldn't this freeze or atleast slow the progression of the unique meta we currently have. wouldn't this require two tier councils?

I don't think a "3rd gen only" option would be a thing. And our meta will always be unique since we've already got some of the changes that were made in games as late as gen 7 now. We've always mixed old and new.

9 minutes ago, Xatu said:

I love Pokémmo as it is now.   Gen 3 isn't even fully ported yet and there is masses of untapped potential for more MMO based features.  If we added a hardcore mode or open wilderness this would make pokemmo make headlines like it used to.  

We've got pretty much everything that matters from gen 3. and also lolwut

This is all not even considering the fact that we have no actual idea of what all is getting added. Stop getting mad at changes that haven't even been announced yet.

Just now, Rigamorty said:

small example clearly but majority shows favor for gen 4 even on this small poll

A small poll is not really indicitive of the whole communities opinion.

I'm pretty excited to tier that much new stuff. Sure it's work, but us on tier council do it as volunteers and I know at least personally i like doing it so I look forward to tiering any new additions. 

Yeah but aren't you at least a little sad of an entire meta being cast aside?  One that took 5 years to form and many have grown to love.

I don't think a "3rd gen only" option would be a thing. And our meta will always be unique since we've already got some of the changes that were made in games as late as gen 7 now.

We've always mixed old and new.

Here's the thing: adding a new gen detracts from any other originality that was there. Phys/spec split, new items, new egg moves all become meaningless.  This less "old and new" and just more "new".

We've got pretty much everything that matters from gen 3. and also lolwut

Besides every legendary and certain areas of the bf.

This is all not even considering the fact that we have no actual idea of what all is getting added. Stop getting mad at changes that haven't even been announced yet.

Kyu said "new generation". I'm pretty sure it's obvious to deduce with 95% certainty that means we are getting gen 4. They are being obscure about it to build hype, and also try not to scare lots of players away.  

Seriously if if they do this they are taking our entire game away and replacing it with a different one.  

53 minutes ago, AshisCatchin said:

"New generation" could mean anything, really.

I'd say just wait and chillax until we find out for sure.

We can't exactly form any opinion or debate over something that we don't know/hasn't happened yet.

What else could it mean? 5th gen? Like i said we can easily deduce with a 95% certainty that its gen 4.  Unless they are going to add fake mons or pocket mortys.   

Honestly its pretty lame to be this "mysterious" about the update considering its such a drastic change. I understand its to build hype but still... 

My guess would be that the next update is gonna include Gen4 pokes + Gen4 mechanics + Gen4 items and finally a custom new map ( Not Sinnoh ).
Reasons why it can't be Sinnoh:

-It will require Diamond/Pearl roms which is impossible because there will be much diffference between playing in kanto/hoenn ( 2d regions ), and Sinnoh ( 3d region ), of course Soul silver have Kanto in 3d, but they would have to remake Hoenn though.
-Custom made Sinnoh map is also impossible because of copyrights issues, the client shouldn't have any of the pokemon games regions, it should require the specific roms.

I personally think we will have new original islands / cities that have nothing to do with Sinnoh, no story line for sure, unless if they have been programming this for years, ( creating an IPS patch that will convert Hoenn map into 3d), but  I doubt it thought.

Spoiler

it would be funny if there will be no Gen4, but only dungeons with legendaries, but this would have nothing to do with " new generation " as the meta will still be the same, so yeah, Gen4 99.99%

Edited by Lazaro23

Am I late?

I think there is one thing everyone is missing. Yes we see a bridge but what does that signify? Some would naively answer "A structure carrying a road across a river or other obstacle" but they would however be wrong. When looking at structures like this the most important thing to think about is the environmental impact. And now you may be wondering if I'm suggesting the construction of this bridge would destroy natural habitats and endanger pokemon species, but again you would be incorrect. Instead you must ask, which species lives under and thrives around bridges? The answer to that being of course Trolls and considering that's what 90% of the player base consists of what the update is really offering is a new chill spot for us that is more apt for us as a species than vermillion.

43 minutes ago, Xatu said:

What else could it mean? 5th gen? Like i said we can easily deduce with a 95% certainty that its gen 4.  Unless they are going to add fake mons or pocket mortys.   

Honestly its pretty lame to be this "mysterious" about the update considering its such a drastic change. I understand its to build hype but still... 

Don't ask me, I don't know.

Redirect your issue towards someone else other than me, thanks.

I was making a point that there's nothing to debate right now.

We don't know anything, simple as that.

Have a nice day.