Assistance with altering my rain team to fit pokemmo

So, a while back I was interested in building a rain team for adv ou (Something that isn't seen hardly at all in adv ou, and for obvious reasons) and I continued to make a few tweaks and got it to a point where I was winning 50-60% of matches on that competitive battling site (you know, that one that I'm probably not allowed to say).

I also made myself follow a rule that would only allow me to use pokemon that can be caught in firered/leafgreen (No rse)

Now, as I have noticed, pokemmo seems to have a few differences to adv ou. I am pretty new to pokemmo and have only just got back onto it after a few months of doing other things.

So I don't know whether this team would do well or not in pokemmo, so I thought I'd ask you guys for opinions and what you think should be changed. I have 2 teams. One was my original team I made myself , and it did pretty well. Then there is my second team which from the help of a few forum users from another competitive battling forum is an alteration of my original first team. So here goes:

Original Rain Team

Electrode @ Leftovers  
Ability: Static  
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Hasty Nature  
- Rain Dance  
- Taunt  
- Thunder  
- Explosion  

Kingdra @ Leftovers  
Ability: Swift Swim  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Def / 30 Spe  
- Surf  
- Rain Dance  
- Ice Beam  

- Hidden Power [Electric]  

Heracross @ Leftovers  
Ability: Swarm  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Brick Break  
- Rock Slide  
- Megahorn  
- Focus Punch  

Blissey @ Leftovers  
Ability: Natural Cure  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA  
Bold Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Thunder  
- Calm Mind  
- Wish  
- Rain Dance  

Omastar @ Leftovers  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA  
- Surf  
- Hidden Power [Grass]  
- Ice Beam  
- Rain Dance  

Skarmory @ Leftovers  
Ability: Keen Eye  
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe  
Bold Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Metal Sound  
- Toxic  
- Spikes  
- Protect  

Altered rain team

Electrode @ Leftovers  
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Hasty Nature  
- Rain Dance  
- Taunt  
- Thunder  
- Explosion  

Kingdra @ Leftovers  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 SpA  
- Surf  
- Rain Dance  
- Ice Beam  

Heracross @ Leftovers  
Ability: Swarm  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Brick Break  
- Rock Slide  
- Megahorn  
- Focus Punch  

Blissey @ Leftovers  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA  
Bold Nature  
- Thunder  
- Calm Mind  
- Wish  
- Rain Dance  

Omastar @ Leftovers  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA  
- Surf  
- Hidden Power [Grass]  
- Ice Beam  
- Rain Dance  

Dugtrio @ Choice Band  
Ability: Arena Trap  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe  
Hasty Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Hidden Power [Bug]  
- Rock Slide  
- Aerial Ace  

So, I have a few questions:

1. Which of these teams is best suited to pokemmo? (The main difference here being the change from skarmory to dugtrio in order to help counter blissey more, in pokemmo blissey is in ubers so I guess chansey is more of the threat here)

2.  What changes to movesets would you suggest? (If these movesets are totally fine then there is no need to change them, and on that competitive battling site these movesets were completely fine to use)

3. If you were to swap out any pokemon, which would it be and why? (Obviously blissey is gonna have to be changed to chansey to work for ou on here, so don't suggest that)

A few things to note:

I want to keep the core of this team the same. For example, electrode is extremely important to this team simply because of his speed being untouchable and therefore being able to setup rain quickly and exploding any early threats.  (I think maybe baton pass ninjask outspeeds it? Can't quite remember.) For that reason, I don't believe he should be changed. The core should stay along these lines:

1.Speedy Rain Setup

2. Special Rain Attacker

3. Physical Attacker

4. Special Rain Attacker (Second one)

5. Special Defender

6. Physical Defender/ Physical Attacker (Second one)

You can do whatever you want to these teams (Including using pokemon from hoenn too), just follow the above core/format. Remember to bare in mind that this is for OU and therefore blissey will be changed to chansey and will have the same moveset as before.

Thanks in advance for your imput everyone. I'd love to see what you can come up with to make this adv ou rain team fit in pokemmo. :)

Edited by MeatFeastMan

Yeah I noted that in the thread, so chansey is gonna be the replacement for blissey. Okay I'll go test out ludicolo. I'm unsure on which of the special attackers I'd replace. I'll try replacing kingdra and then try it with omastar and see which turns out best. Omastar seems to pack that extra 10-15% damage than kingdra and that makes a difference in a lot of fights. On the other hand, kingdra is far stronger from a defensive point of view as it can take a hit or even two hits and be able to hit back. Omastar tends to get killed in one shot, so it's more of a 'hit first or be killed' scenario with him. However in testing I have found omastar's extra power to be able to absolutely decimate some teams that aren't prepared, kingdra less so.

Altered rain team

Electrode @ life orb  
EVs: 156 atk 252 spé atk 100 speed  
Hasty/Naiv Nature  
- Rain Dance  
- Taunt / Hp ice  
- Thunder  
- Explosion  

in pokémmo trode have 150 BS in speed so with nature speed + + 100ev u outspeed the 130BS ( aerodactyl and jolt )

Kingdra @ life orb  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 SpA  
- Surf / Hydrobump
- Rain Dance  
- Ice Beam  

With hydro of u are lucky u can kill chansey 

Heracross @ Choiceband 
Ability: Guts  
EVs: 132 hp / 212 Atk / 20 def : 4 spé def / 140 speed
adamant Nature  
- low kick  
- Rock Slide 
- Megahorn  
- pursuit  

Bulky of hera for  resist to Ground and fight move 140 speed pour outspeed metagross adamant 

Chansey @ Leftovers  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 spé def
Bold Nature  
- seismic toss
- Twave/tox
- Wish
- Protect

u need Wish for support your heracross an the forres Twave it's for Venu/ haunter , Toxic for Jolteton wish growth

Ludicolo @ life orb
EVs: 28 hp / 252 atk / 220 Speed 4 def / 4 spé def
Adamant Nature  
- Waterfall 
- Sword Dance  
- bullet seed
- icepunch   

The surprise Sd ludicolo ith the rain is a monster he OS venusor without  invest def 

Forrestress @ lefto
EVs: 252 hp / 252 def /4 Atk
Impish nature
- Earthquake  
- pin missil  
- Spikes  
- Rapid Spin  

Forres because u need normal resist, dragon resist and counter to metagross , with the rain fire move are x2 

Other Options :

U can play qwilfish good set up like trode for the rain ( Selfdrestruc / raindance / SD )

Skarm with counter on Forres can be good too ( Drill peck/tox counter spike protect/Rest )

• Mike locked this topic