2v2 battles without knowing your partner

OrangeManiac

Question

This sounds a wild one in my head, yet fun. Since the dawn of Double Battles people have asked for PvP Co-Op (2v2) Double battles to be implemented in PokeMMO. The most common critique to this has been that in the competitive level it could easily end up in one player calling all the shots and another one pressing buttons basically defeating the whole purpose of it.

With the addition of automated matchmaking I think this gamemode could get a quite needed twist. What if you didn't know the player you're playing with? Not only would you have to consider the best move for yourself but also think what your teammate is thinking of doing. I know this is completely a fun mode instead of any super serious competitive mode. In addition it's abusable i.e. nicknaming your Pokemon to give away who you are, PMing through your friends list to find out your partner and so on but I see this nothing beyond some fun you could have in this game, add some multiplayer content and maybe include winning like 500 BP if you win. Let's be honest, this game needs more fun.

Edited by OrangeManiac

7 answers to this question

yup you can show generic names for pokemon

what i am unsure is if it is best to allow you to see your partner's pokemon data, which allows you to take more informed decisions

or to not allow you the data so you also get to guess build and movesets, which is more fun