Fire Emblem Heroes

Eggplant

The arena system seems pretty unfair, not because people tend to have better heroes than you, but because you get double the points if you use one of the listed specific heroes. Since the chance of getting one useable of is heavily rng based people get more feathers for less amount of work. I did a full streak combo both on beginner and on intermediate which resulted me in getting around 750pts for the former and 1201+ for the latter. Even if you're the best player skill wise there will be someone who has far more points just because he was lucky enough to get one of the listed heroes. If those would be lower tier heroes this would be far more balanced but that isn't the case. In conclusion: players with less skill get significantly more points with less amount of work resulting in them getting more feathers which allows them to move ahead further. I hope this system is going to be reworked.

14 minutes ago, Linken said:

The arena system seems pretty unfair, not because people tend to have better heroes than you, but because you get double the points if you use one of the listed specific heroes. Since the chance of getting one useable of is heavily rng based people get more feathers for less amount of work. I did a full streak combo both on beginner and on intermediate which resulted me in getting around 750pts for the former and 1201+ for the latter. Even if you're the best player skill wise there will be someone who has far more points just because he was lucky enough to get one of the listed heroes. If those would be lower tier heroes this would be far more balanced but that isn't the case. In conclusion: players with less skill get significantly more points with less amount of work resulting in them getting more feathers which allows them to move ahead further. I hope this system is going to be reworked.

i mean the game's been out for like half a day.

I'm sure in the future when we have all cleared lunatic story and own like 200+ heroes, picking them from the listed pool won't be an issue.

right now, it is more a game of who bought more stamina potions and orbs and grinded the fastest.

my gripe with arena is i have no idea wtf beginer, intermediate and advanced criteria is.

I've lost to beginner and shit on an advanced.

there's no hint to help pick a difficulty, like what team comp they have.

Edited by Eggplant

That's what I was trying to figure out. I had no clue if it was a promotion or not. From the sounds of it there was a big group that was promoted to tier 2

Also, I caved and made my Alfonse a 4 star now. I bet nobody else really uses him but I love him too much to get rid of him yet so I had to upgrade him to 4 star so I wasn't poverty using 3 star. He was level 29 and I already got him up to level 24 so that's good

Spoiler

sRzwPbX.jpg

Edited by Ploegy

Damn! Nice!

I didn't have the resources for a 4 star promo.

So I promo'd Anna, Alfonse and Sharena to 3 stars.

I have a Tharja does more damage per applied bonus (even spd or res), so i just pair her with people that give bonuses at the start of the turn.

So I use Sharena a lot to damage boost her, too, and usually end up with a 30x2 or so on basically anyone. I also found that magic works better than 'heavy spear' for armored foes.

2 hours ago, londark said:

tfw all your freinds have Lyn but you don't

:(

I don't have lyndis too...

On a side note everyone with a full streak in any difficulty should have been promoted I guess 

Also the starter heroes get some nice abilities from 4* and onwards

Edited by Linken

remember when i posted 4 hours ago

i had done a x5 summon

i just did another

20 orbs in 4 hours ayyyy

this lv 30+ tharja sweeping through lunatic mode with all these quest reward stamina pots

also, protip: ever tried to send home a 4 star hero?

It's actually possible as long as you unfavorite them

there's a setting that favorites heroes 4* and above by default, which prevents them from being accidentally lost (via send home, merge, etc)

i jsut sent home a 4 star tharja i just looted for 300 feathers

Edited by Eggplant

Thx cpt obvious ;)

I would advise to use those stamina potions for the TT since the daily rewards change while in story mode it does not. Also right now the TT has halved stamina usage so you get more bang for your buck. 

Another topic: While the game and most people online would agree to spend all 20 orbs in a summon I would advise against it. At last not every time. If you want a hero of a specific type why waste resources on other typed orbs? The small amount of feathers aren't worth it imo. 

Yeah I don't always do 5 full summons since I'm trying to get Takumi right now but I'm struggling a bit on some chapters so I really haven't been getting many orbs sadly. I really hope there are more ways to get them in the future because at the rate I'm going I am not going to get Takumi lol

Yeah I figured the same thing. Haven't been summoning anything other than red hoping to get Roy or Lyn but no luck. I hate not having a 5 star swordsman

also I had no idea sending people home to get feathers was a thing, I though pvp was like the only way this whole time RIP

Edited by Rigamorty
1 hour ago, Linken said:

They added arena quests. Gotta farm those feathers ^^. I hope there are more after I finished the first layer...

there are indeed more. it's the same quests just do twice as many. so 40 wins for feathers, 20 int+ wins for feathers, 10 int+ wins for dueling swords

4 hours ago, Eggplant said:

WTF IS THAT LOGIN BONUS

some tweet of the devs about the game reached 10k or so and this happened cuz of it

4 hours ago, Rigamorty said:

there are indeed more. it's the same quests just do twice as many. so 40 wins for feathers, 20 int+ wins for feathers, 10 int+ wins for dueling swords

so... still ez

got a 5* roy with 4* stars in summon today...

but i couldn't stop cursing the game for not giving me takumi or lyn at that moment lel

i mean i had 3 colourless orbs and 1 blue and 1 red...