Skip battle animations

xilias

Question

As the title says,I'd like to see an option where we can disable animations, it's really annoying when you're lagging and the animation takes 15sec to end,and with our current timer system,if you're lagging you'll be doomed just because of the silly unnecessary animations

pros:helps people who lag, and people who don't want to waste their time waiting for the animation to end

cons:nothing I guess,since it'll be just an option

10 answers to this question

No matter how many times this will be suggested the devs still won't implement it because it gives other players an "advantage" somehow, which I still don't understand. Honestly battle animations are just time stalls and most of them aren't even the correct ones. This feature is even in the main series games

Au contraire my French friend, there will be even more move animations added eventually because it makes the game look nicer.

Making these animations is a lot of work for the designers, so creating an option to nullify their time and effort would be completely contradictionary.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

Au contraire my French friend, there will be even more move animations added eventually because it makes the game look nicer.

Making these animations is a lot of work for the designers, so creating an option to nullify their time and effort would be completely contradictionary.

But why do they bother making them when no one wants them?

Personally, i think it's a great idea to have this feature in theory because you get tired eventually of seeing the same animations over and over again and it's nice just to have a quick match without all the scratch animations, BUT what if you are battling someone that does have animations on? The entire battle will be out of sync, and if it's not, then you'll just have to wait for the other player's animations to play which will take the same amount of time for your animations to play. This is what I'm assuming would happen, but I'm not entirely sure or if the devs would have some kind of workaround.

12 hours ago, Zehkar said:

The entire battle will be out of sync, and if it's not, then you'll just have to wait for the other player's animations to play which will take the same amount of time for your animations to play. This is what I'm assuming would happen, but I'm not entirely sure or if the devs would have some kind of workaround.

this isn't a real problem imo,since people will use this option only when lagging,and having a battle out of sync would be a lot better than not having a battle at all since the lagging player will lose to timer because animations take longer than what the timer gives yyou.

13 hours ago, Tyrone said:

I know animations make the game look nicer,but wouldn't that be egoist not to give the players what they want because it takes time and effort to make animations?People will still want to see the animations,only a few, those who experience lag will have to use this option.

And we already have the "render overworld in battle" that's also an option to make playing easier,and it nullifies @Darkshade's work since we can't see the work he did,but it still exists because the most important thing devs should do in a game imo is to make the gaming experience easier and more enjoyable.

ED:maybe this option could only work in pvp battles,so people will still have a chance to look at the animations in pve(since there is no timer in pve there would be no harm to have an extra 10secs to see the work devs did)

Edited by xilias
idea

I think a better solution to this problem is to just have the time during the battle animations not count toward the battle timer, this would solve the problems of it wasting battle time in major events while still gratifying the work of the people who made that animations (which I myself am looking forward to seeing more in the future). 

24 minutes ago, Elliasal said:

I think a better solution to this problem is to just have the time during the battle animations not count toward the battle timer, this would solve the problems of it wasting battle time in major events while still gratifying the work of the people who made that animations (which I myself am looking forward to seeing more in the future). 

it already isn't supposed to count animations in the battle timer,but the problem is,when lagging,lags just takes much more time than what it's supposed to take and you end up losing time every turn

2 hours ago, xilias said:

it already isn't supposed to count animations in the battle timer,but the problem is,when lagging,lags just takes much more time than what it's supposed to take and you end up losing time every turn

Knowing your internet, you'd still lag even though the animations are disabled :p