[Money Guide] NPC Re-Match Guide

Staggiie

Here's the map for Unova.

I left out caves and places where you need to surf far (Route18).

Also left out trainers that gives less than $800.

https://imgur.com/a/CsqXm7d

It took me 6 hours and 30 minutes from start to finish and made ~422k. Could have probably finished quicker if I used a level 100 pokemon so it skips the EXP gained message. Also multi-hit attacks to bypass sturdy. I leveled a level 75 pokemon to 100 halfway through so if you don't have an AoE move then this might be a good idea for exp.

I'll fix up the images later on. Like putting actual routes to take instead of just the locations of the trainers. Also I used BW2 maps since I couldn't find some BW maps. It should be roughly the same.

4 hours ago, Archiver said:

Here's the map for Unova.

I left out caves and places where you need to surf far (Route18).

Also left out trainers that gives less than $800.

https://imgur.com/a/CsqXm7d

It took me 6 hours and 30 minutes from start to finish and made ~422k. Could have probably finished quicker if I used a level 100 pokemon so it skips the EXP gained message. Also multi-hit attacks to bypass sturdy. I leveled a level 75 pokemon to 100 halfway through so if you don't have an AoE move then this might be a good idea for exp.

I'll fix up the images later on. Like putting actual routes to take instead of just the locations of the trainers. Also I used BW2 maps since I couldn't find some BW maps. It should be roughly the same.

Nice work! I know that took you awhile I feel your pain xD It's like not only does it take forever to rebattle all this stuff, you have to take the time to note their payouts and add it all up and time yourself and THEN make maps for people, it's just alot of effort so good job! I can add your run to my guide right now as a work-in-progress? Or shall i wait until you fixed it up as you said and with true speed times? 

Alot of people prefer fast so that's what I tend to focus on when sharing money run ideas. I've heard some chatter about people thinking my 3-4 hour run resulting in like 500k is too long lol I guess they get rich without having to grind for it or something magical like that. Because that's the question I see alllllll the time "how do i make money in this game?" It's a grind. Whether thats farming items, BP, breeders, or rematching....people have to work for it. I dont understand people that expect to make money and NOT spend at least a few hours to do it. smh But anyways that's totally off topic. SOME players are willing to take that time for that amount of cash...not everyone is though. Which is why I like to see what other people can come up with. I appreciate your contribution :) 

Give me 24 hours to fix it up but I probably won't time myself anymore however. Six hours straight is just too much for me, it should be counted as an average time.

I'm going to add two routes, a 'full' run and just a run where you battle trainers without having to walk on grass or surfing, for people that want to avoid random battles.

EDIT

And here you go:

https://imgur.com/a/XnjtzO0

Follow blue if you don't want to encounter any wild pokemons. Follow both red and blue for a full run.

If you want to pretty it up some more then be my guest.

Edited by Archiver
  • 2 weeks later...

Did someone say Hoenn runs?!

No?

Well here it is anyways:

https://imgur.com/a/TWxXEhV

Average run of Hoenn (No surf or caves)

~102k per run

Did not time myself properly this time. But according to my screenshot properties it took me 2 hours to finish. Let's just subtract 30mins or so since I was making the routes as I go through Hoenn. So 1 hour and 30 mins.

Follow blue for an encounter-free run. Follow both red and blue for a full run.

There are two ways to reach the trainer in route 120 and 121. The long way but no encounters and the short way with encounters.

Areas not included:

Spoiler

105 - I hate surfing.
108 - I hate surfing.
Abandoned Ship - I hate surfing.
Meteor Falls - I hate caves.
Mt.Pyre - I was planning to add this since you only had to surf a little but I encountered 5 Tentacools in a row so I dropped it.
123 - Same as above.
125 - I hate surfing.
127 - I hate surfing.
128 - I hate surfing.
126 - I hate surfing.

Forgot to mention, orange circles are trainers that gives less than 1k. It also applies to the Unova maps I previously made.

Will make Kanto an Sevii islands next.

Edited by Archiver
  • 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Vaelyaz said:

Hi @Staggiie

You say that your gym run team is far from being the best choice. Do you have an idea of a team that could be better? Also, if anyone has a team to share, I am interested.

My team works decent for me usually, but I'm pretty sure there's better options and strategies. There's so many mons and strats to think about and it gives me a headache lol but i'm certain there are probably many team combinations that work really well for gym runs. I only use the team that i use because it's the only level 100s that i have to work with atm. I didnt put a whole lot of thought into it. I just used them and they did okay so i figure i dont need to spend money on other shit when mine is okay-ish. i might eventually try to improve on it though. i just really hate training new mons to level 100 tbh 

I don't play much competitive so I don't really like giving battle advice since my battle IQ is just trash lol ESPECIALLY in Doubles, but I can give some tips and info I have gathered during my runs.

Spoiler

Your mons should be good. And by that I mean:
Good base stats (obviously something like a Salamence or metagross is gunna do better than a delibird or something)
Good Ivs and nature (im a firm believer that its a waste of time to train anything that doesnt have decent nature and IVs)
Ev trained (probably not totally necessary but why not? i think the gyms use EV trained mons anyway so you dont wanna be at a disadvantage)
Lv 100 (they will use level 80+ up to like level 90 something so I think level 100 is necessary if you wanna do the most damage as possible to make these runs fast)

You should also have:
Good amount of coverage moves
Choice Scarfer/s (the gyms will use scarfers and also weather teams so you dont wanna get outsped and swept by them)
AoE moves and Synergy
---Earthquake + levitate/flying type
---Volt absorb/lightning rod/ground type + discharge
---Surf + water absorb....things like that
And if your AoE moves can hit your teammates and they dont benefit from it, just throw Protect on it so it doesnt get hurt at least. or use AoE moves that dont hit allies.

If you have all that you should be fine. A little knowledge of what teams the gyms will maybe use is good too. Like for example, Lt Surge in Kanto, sure, he uses alot of Electric mons but he can sometimes use Levitate Rotom and a Fearow so an earthquake strategy gets the breaks put on. So for Surge I usually lead with Flygon and Gengar. i can EQ all the electric mons with Flygon and Gengar has Levitate so it's safe and then I can STAB shadow ball a rotom for decent damage its like a 2HKO for mine or I can Thunderbolt a Fearow. Or sludge bomb a tangrowth he sometimes uses that. Also giga drain his quagsire he sometimes uses too. Those are the only 2 mons I usually have to use at his gym but you have an entire team as back up. It's hard to prepare for every gym tho since their teams arent always the same...they rotate thru different teams everytime you battle them. Sometimes my team has no trouble and sometimes it can struggle a bit, it just depends. 

Someone started a guide on the gym rematches possible team comps but it's unfinished. you can get a bit of info from it at least tho. I'll link it.

So you can get an idea of what mons you could maybe use to do well against the possible teams from that.

I use Typhlosion ALOT. It's my MVP. STAB full power Eruption fucks up alot of shit. It's basically really good everywhere except at Water, Ground, Rock and Fire gyms. I def recommend a Typh. Mine is timid...but I would go with Modest for gym runs. I scarf mine when I battle Erika at Celadon gym because her Chlorophyll mons outspeed in the sun but other than that the item is up to you. Specs is good if you REALLY wanna hit hard. just dont life orb it since eruption's power is based on it's current HP percent. 150 base power at full so you wanna be at full hp for some eruption spam shenanigans. And possibly even wait to breed it since it can only have Blaze ability atm. When hidden abilities come it can have Flash Fire and I think thats way better. 

In the same vein as Eruption, Water Spout works the same way and has 150 base power at full hp as well. I think only wailord, blastoise, octillery, and jellicent cant have it. well, kyogre too but we cant have that in MMO lol but that covers the fire/rock/ground gyms that typhlosion would struggle with. just get a strong electric or grass attacker for water gyms and thats like half a good gym run team already imo. 

Earthquake + Levitate/Flying/part flying mons is a good combo. Maybe use double Flygons? I kinda wanna try that out myself. Or flygon + Salamence or dragonite....they have high base stats so they are strong. And Salamence is handy since it has intimidate and will lower enemy attack. I use Levitate Gengar + Flygon right now. I like gengar for it's coverage moves in shadowball/ thunderbolt/ giga drain/ sludgebomb or psychic. 

I was thinking of trying out Metagross for gym runs since it has Clear Body and intimidate wouldn't effect it. There's alot of intimidate mons in the gyms, it can be annoying. i actually use a SPECIAL ATTACKING dragonite sometimes....and they will throw out their intimidate mon against it and it's always so funny to me. lul I'm pretty sure the AIs are programmed to throw out intimidaters vs. usually physical attacking mons since they go outta their way to switch them into my flygon or heracross. Sometimes just figuring out how the AI works and "tricking" it can be useful lol 

At the fire gyms...sometimes they use a sunny day team and that will lower the power of water moves. And sometimes they use arcanine with intimidate and that lowers your attack so your EQ mons wont hit as hard. I try to lead with starmie and flygon and switch out one of them according to what is gunna be weakened. water is meh there anyways because half their fire mons have solarbeam i've noticed and that sucksss. i kinda wanna try double flygons. even if they get intimidated...double stab EQ is gunna KO them probably. they can sometimes use rotom-heat with levitate so maybe 2 rock sliders can work too. which flygon can also get rock slide so it's a very good choice imo. watach out for hp ice if you use flygon tho. i seem to recall maybe a houndoom or something that used that and it was scarfed i think. Or use your own weather team to cancel out the sunny day. both rain and sand teams are good. thats probably the best option i guess. 

At water and ground/rock gyms that use rain or sand teams, I just use my scarfed heracross to outspeed. Not many things in those gyms can take a STAB Close Combat from an Adamant Hera that well. I pair it with something that works vs that gym, like starmie or gengar tbolts for water or starmie scald/ gengar giga drain for ground/rock.

If all their switching out bothers you, you can try trappers like Dugtrio with Arena Trap. Especially in Fire gym that could be great. 

I also recommend a good fighting type or something that can use a good fighting type move since some gyms have a random ass Blissey lol 

I think thats most of what you need to know. Everything else is pretty straight forward and not too annoying or difficult. I hope that helped you somewhat though. Hopefully someone will come recommend some other team options for you. You could maybe even make a thread in General Discussion asking what teams ppl use for gym runs? idk if theres a thread already like that so try searching the forums first. I hope you find what you're looking for :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Just a little update here:
I'm currently in the process of re-recording my video walkthroughs. (I felt like my old ones were garbage. My new ones are also garbage but...less so.) Plus, NPCs are now using things like Focus Sash and Air Balloon so I needed to update these anyways.

I also wanted to be more engaging so there's actual commentary this time. (excuse my redneck, Kentucky girl accent pls lol I can't really help that) Also, I got some bad habits, such as cussing soooo, if that's offensive to you, oh well. I'm not really interested in changing my personality to please people,  I'm just gunna be myself.  My intention with these is to help people on their grind, and I can do that regardless of the language I'm using tbh. It's just words, fam. But if that's not your thing, cool,  don't watch them :)

But yeah, I'll have all the new ones up Soon tm. Tryna record 1 video a day at least.

In the meantime, I removed and deleted my old videos (sorry) but the screenshot walkthroughs are good for now until I finish all my videos. I only have videos up for Kanto atm.

I also made slight changes to the runs to make them a bit shorter as well as changes to my gym team. The whole run makes like 420k now instead of nearly 500k but I shaved like an hour of time off. The run now accumulates to approximately this:
Kanto Trainers: 15-20 min, 40k
Kanto Gyms: 25-30 min, 80k
Hoenn Trainers: 15-20 min, 40k
Hoenn Gyms: 30-35 min, 90k
Unova Trainers: 15-20 min, 60k
Unova Gyms: 40-45 min, 105k

And you guys could have better times cuz I'm kinda bad lol I didn't really notice any changes in the payouts but if there is, please let me know.
I appreciate any feedback. Thanks for the continued support :)  

Great guide very helpful to know decent paying trainers.

You forgot to add trainer acetrainer Jordan twist mountain winter only.3570$

You should also add that trainers neil teppei rich in twist mountain are non-winter only trainers.

Also Mariah in moor of icirrus is non-winter only trainer.

Edited by MightyBoxer
3 hours ago, MightyBoxer said:

Great guide very helpful to know decent paying trainers.

You forgot to add trainer acetrainer Jordan twist mountain winter only.3570$

You should also add that trainers neil teppei rich in twist mountain are non-winter only trainers.

Also Mariah in moor of icirrus is non-winter only trainer.

Hey thanks! thanks for mentioning that. I hadn't really thought about the seasons changing things a little. I have no idea what season it was when I gathered all that data lol I guess it wasn't winter. But I shall go note those. If you know of any others in the future I'd appreciate it. thanks again :) 

31 minutes ago, HandsomeLooker1492 said:

Is there a longer version? I need 700k+ a day.

You could just do the trainers a 2nd time after the 6h cooldown for another 120k...or a 3rd time after that for another 120k. On top of the original 420k that's 660k. Pretty close to your goal. Or just add some extra areas in like Victory road in Unova, Rock Tunnel in Kanto, Pokemon Mansion in Kanto, 6 & 7 Islands. All those are p good.

In the the beginning of my guide I list every rematchable trainer and their payout so people can make their own money runs from it if they want. I actually added up totals of each area so makes it easier to decide which locations are worth it. My quickie run isn't gospel by any means, its just what I prefer doing. 

Also I'll just say...alt accounts are nice. Especially if you have an android device. 2 runs at the same time :) 

But if you're looking to make that much a day with only one account, you should be farming other stuff too probably. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

None of Cheren's matches were included, and neither were any of the other rival battles, save for Wally.
This is because the NPC Re-Match Guide only includes battles that can be consistently challenged.
You'll find that after you've beaten Cheren at that location, he can't be re-matched there again, hence his exclusion from the guide! ;)

Good lookin' out though, @Mermeladadeguayava!

Is this current? When I went to do the Kanto farm, I've already beaten the Kanto E4, I challenge the bug catchers first in Viridian and only got 300 dollars from them. 

**EDIT** 

I guess I didn't battle them before.

Edited by YungSapling
2 hours ago, YungSapling said:

Is this current? When I went to do the Kanto farm, I've already beaten the Kanto E4, I challenge the bug catchers first in Viridian and only got 300 dollars from them. 

**EDIT** 

I guess I didn't battle them before.

Yes it's current. I think first rematach is still low tier yen. The next time you battle him it should be max payout. Also my guide is while holding Amulet Coin. 

• 2 weeks later...