Doubles Help

Hello, recently i started to play the doubles and i wanted to ask for some help.

i want to know

a set for ludicolo,milotic,aerodactyl,blissey.

what is best nature for venusaur in doubles?

best salamence in doubles is the dragon dance ? or the mixxed with hp flying/dragon?

Tyranitar without dragon dance can work with superpower or need pursuit?

haryiama best set and nature?

and what about charizard,typhlosion,arcanine,feraligatr, one of those would be good in doubles? 

Pls help me, sorry for my english. (at least i'm not bad like tranzmaster)

Ty for the answer guys

24 minutes ago, DarylDixon said:

best salamence in doubles is the dragon dance ? or the mixxed with hp flying/dragon?

mixed mence is best with flamethrower/fire blast rather than hidden power. Arcanine isn't bad with HP elec or grass, Typh is nice with scarf, either timid or modest, HP elec or ice. defensive ludi runs leech/icy wind or beam/hydro/protect. Ttar is fine without DD, jolly scarf does well. I honestly wouldnt use Hariyama in dubs. Gyara is usually better than Feraligatr, but isn't terrible with ice punch and DD, also doesn't have rock weakness.

41 minutes ago, DarylDixon said:

a set for ludicolo,milotic,aerodactyl,blissey

Blissey - Aromatherapy / TBolt or Ice Beam / Softboiled / Twave (Lefties)

Aero - RS / DE / Crunch / EQ (Banded)

Edited by Suneet
2 hours ago, DarylDixon said:

Hello, recently i started to play the doubles and i wanted to ask for some help.

i want to know

a set for ludicolo,milotic,aerodactyl,blissey.

what is best nature for venusaur in doubles?

Tyranitar without dragon dance can work with superpower or need pursuit?

haryiama best set and nature?

and what about charizard,typhlosion,arcanine,feraligatr, one of those would be good in doubles? 

Pls help me, sorry for my english. (at least i'm not bad like tranzmaster)

Ty for the answer guys

Sorry, I saw you messaged me in game earlier but I was afk.

Ludi:
Bold 252hp/def

Giga

Icy Wind / Ice Beam

Leech

Protect

Milotic:

Bold 252hp/def

Hydro Pump

Icy Wind / Ice Beam

Toxic

Recover

Aero:
CB

Jolly 252attack / 252 speed

Rock Slide

EQ
Crunch

Wing Attack / Double Edge

Blissey:

Bold/Modest 252def/252 spatk

Tbolt

Hyper Voice / Ice Beam

Twave
Softboiled

OR

Tbolt

Icy Wind

Toxic

Softboiled

Can also replace coverage / status move with aroma if your team is weak to status.

Venusaur is typically best bold, split defs is an option.

Sala can have lots of viable sets including Scarf / CB / Mixed / DD.

CB / Scarf: Dclaw, EQ, RS, BB

Special invest Mixed: Dclaw / Fire Blast / HP Flying / Protect
Physical invest Mixed: Dclaw / Fireblast / BB / Protect

DDance: Dclaw / EQ / DDance / Protect

All sala sets typically require some support. Mostly to help with blissey and for some sets like the special mixed set a blissey counter. DDance pairs well with follow me users like blastoise, toise also works well with mixed sets if you have a good read on your opponents team.

The most standard TTar set is scarf since it outspeeds nonscarfed gengar as well as a few other things, CB, Mixed and DDance TTar are still viable. DDance is the only set that where pursuit isnt standard on ttar. And yes all TTar sets can work with superpower.

Hariyama I'm not 100% sure since I very rarely use it myself but I would go with: Fake Out, Superpower, Rock Slide, Tpunch / HH. With ada nature max attack and split defs. Split defs give more effective hp than 252 hp does for both def and spdef for hari since its hp is so high.

Charizard is ok. It has a niche against teams that are built poorly for it but overall its worse than Typhlosion and Blaziken

Heat Wave / Air Cutter or HP Flying / HP Ice / Protect  with orb

Typhlosion is a good late game sweeper but is fairly match up reliant. There are a lot of hard fire resists on the tier, TTar, Dragons, Gyara, Milo, Blissey. But if you are able to take them out or get them low enough its a great late game sweeper. Could maybe even use specs vs some1 who uses very bulky wally teams but is very risky.

Eruption / Heatwave / Overheat / HP Ice or HP Electric  Scarf

Arca is viable in doubles because of intimidate but is made a bit weaker by the huge amount of fire resists we have in the tier.

Bold: Heat Wave / HP Ice / Toxic / Morning Sun

An offensive mixed set with, Fireblast / HP Ice / Espeed / Protect could probably work but haven't really put much thought into it so don't quote me on it

Just don't both with feraligatr.

Edited by Rendiz
  • Mike locked this topic