*Results* Creative Writing Contest: A New Perspective

Noad

26 minutes ago, Gilan said:

man... Gunthug didn't get in in time ;-;

So I went back to the video I made like 2 weeks ago of me discussing my outline and the idea I had for the story. I literally spend the first 2 minutes of the video talking about how I usually wait till the last minute, and it's nice to finally start writing something with so much time left lol. Yikes

here's the vid just for fun. GL to everyone who entered

Edited by Gunthug
  • 3 weeks later...

Creative Writing Contest: A New Perspective

The Results

66f19f226c7df80acbb4027e3a839094.png1st Place - Kindled

Kindled’s entry was a firm favourite with the judges who loved the tie in with the PokeMMO world. I personally loved the contrast between the human speaking and the Shroomish narrator; the difference in language suggests that the Shroomish is far more intelligent than the “trainer”. The change in text colour is a nice touch which draws the reader into the PokeMMO universe further, Kindled really appealed to the audience of this contest.

0a324a3db8f5fc84d6e3bf88306a9800.png2nd Place - WolfgangDamien

To truly appreciate how well constructed this entry is, you need to read some of H.P. Lovecraft’s work (which I highly recommend). Wolfgang’s entry draws the reader into a world similar to a nightmare, setting the scene with a claustrophobic atmosphere. Wolfgang stays true to the Lovecraft style, immersing the reader with tense language throughout. We especially loved the tie in with a certain legendary that we won't mention to avoid ruining it for people who have not read it yet.

1cb4cbc2ddb084854c3ecba965c5417d.png3rd Place - Moetal

It is always refreshing to see an entry taking on a new format. Moetal’s verse form really stood out and captivated the judges. Paradoxical techniques such as I am the strongest, but I am also the weakest. and I am a blessing and I am a curse.really adds to the mystery already surrounding this creature. Everything about this entry is genius, right down to the title “What I am” because really no one knows what this Pokemon is. It makes you question if even the creature itself knows its own identity.

skitty_md2_spriteNoad's Honourable Mention - Gilan

Gilan’s entry is thoughtfully connected to his previous entry, showing his investment in the world he has created. I personally really enjoyed how he tied in his own personal experiences with PokeMMO. I always feel like a good story leaves you feeling like you want to know more and I found myself researching the Charmander’s nickname and learning the meaning behind it.

For being my honourable mention, Gilan will receive a small token of my appreciation for his entry. 

@Moetal @Kyklous @WolfgangDamien @Gilan

• Noad featured and pinned this topic
2 hours ago, Noad said:

0a324a3db8f5fc84d6e3bf88306a9800.png2nd Place - WolfgangDamien

To truly appreciate how well constructed this entry is, you need to read some of H.P. Lovecraft’s work (which I highly recommend). Wolfgang’s entry draws the reader into a world similar to a nightmare, setting the scene with a claustrophobic atmosphere. Wolfgang stays true to the Lovecraft style throughout, immersing the reader with tense language throughout. We especially loved the tie in with a certain legendary that we won't mention to avoid ruining it for people who have not read it yet.

<3 <3 <3 that feel when you write in Lovecraft's style successfully, such a compliment! thank you very much!

Good shit everyone!

Shoulda put more effort into my entry. I just put it off too long and wrote it in one go.

But it was fun! Still feel accomplished for entering at all. Congrats to the winners, I remember reading a few like GergFalerg's and liking them, I'll read the winning ones later!

• Noad unfeatured, locked and unpinned this topic