*Results* Creative Writing Contest: A New Perspective

Noad

This isn't my entry but thought I should write this ...

"I am a cat, out in London

no longer a kitty, no need for the pity

The day is nigh, certainly not feeling high

Full of pain, full of sorrow

maybe it will all change tomorrow

without a doubt

I can trust my snout

to find me a delicious trout

not in London, not here

the citizens here must find me qu eer"

"Maybe, just maybe, there could be hope

just a shame I don't believe in the fucking pope

I see a shop

I thought well it's only around the top

so with my minuscule legs

there inside I see

a wonderful woman

full of sparkles and glee

maybe I thought it was a chance for me

I slowly approached this wonderful woman

who spotted me, oh how I hope I don't need to pee

she kneeled down, her smile full of glee

perhaps... this was a chance for me

she whispered close to my ears

Hello, please don't be full of tears"

"She picked me up, and took me down

to the basement of the loving shop

it was a comfy bed, with food and drink

it gave me a little time to think

she wanted a cat, this person full of sparkles and glee

I knew now that this must be for me

so I asked for her name, with a purr and a meow

and she replied back right here and now,

My name... is @Noad

Image result for cute kitten

Please don't delete :(

IGN: Incognition

Edited by Imperial
On 29/01/2017 at 7:46 AM, Bearminator said:

My trainer believed in me. I had to put my best into this fight.

He took his favourite pokemon into battlefield. Master said to use Ice beam so I did. I managed to land a really good shot, which KO'd my opponent fast.
I was excited! His eyes told me he is scaried by my performance. Master will be proud!
One after one his pokemons fainted. Only full restores he was using were keeping me from winning. As he finally land last lucky crit on me, I've looked at Lorelei. She was smiling.

She said I'm best dewgong in world. And I was never so happy. 

IGN Bearminator

Hide contents

no ofc I'm not taking a part

Hide contents

jk 1st place confirmed 

Creative Writing is not my best art, so I won't be taking my submission too seriously either (I am sure there are plenty of talented writers that would put me to shame)...

The Life Story of a Voltorb:

206277449e1c9c943ef861f2c499000d.png

I was rolling along in the Power Plant saying hello to Pikachu and Magnemite. I was a very euphoric ball until a trainer saw me! It was a scary moment for me because almost no trainers would go out of their way to come here. I put on my warrior face and I tried to SonicBoom with no avail. I realised that I was not dying even at one HP and I found out that the pokemon I was fighting was a Smergle using False Swipe on me, so I came to the conclusion that this trainer was trying to catch me. Unfortunately, I am level twenty two so I could not self-destruct out of this battle. I was running out of moves and my options were getting tighter by each turn. I fought off thirty poke balls, ten great balls, and one ultra ball. As the battle progressed, I was weaker than I was previously. Eventually, I gave up everything in my life that I knew and I let this new trainer capture me. A new life was ahead, but I will miss my friends at the Power Plant.

IGN: Bestfriends

Spoiler

I hope this story serves as a good appetizer, before the entree arrives.

Edited by Bestfriends
added IGN in case I win

Here's my entry titled: The day I met my trainer

"Why don't trainers pick me?" I thought, watching my brother walk away with his new trainer "Don't worry little one, someone will pick you." My mother reassured, nudging me closer to her with one of her nine beautiful tails "Are you sure mother? They all complain that i'm too small to be of any use to them." I sniffled, mother bent down a little and licked my curly fur "I'm sure just you watch, someone will come through the door and pick you." she reassured, her voice a sweet whisper in my ear as I closed my eyes. That night I had dream about being just like mother, nine long and beautiful tails, and shining cream colored fur but more importantly I saw my trainer, she was a nice young lady with brown hair, a cat ear headband, and the sweetest smile ever.

"Hi i'm looking for a vulpix." I heard, mother nudged me as our breeder walked over with my father at his side and a trainer who looked like the one I had seen in my dream the night before "She should be here somewhere." The breeder said, moving mother's tail out of his way "ah there she is, the last one of my prized litter of growlithe and vulpix's." he continued, picking me up, I squeaked at the sudden movement "aw she's so cute!" the girl exclaimed, taking me from the breeder "how much for her?" she asked, turning her attention away from me "She's the runt so let's see 200k seems fair since her bigger brothers and sisters went for double that and they were double her size." the breeder answered "I'll take her!" the trainer said, putting me down and digging in her bag where she pulled out a stack of money "that should cover it." she said as I watched her hand the money over "thank you, enjoy the vulpix!" the breeder said as again the girl picked me up "I will!" she exclaimed, I licked her face in excitement "a trainer finally picked me!" I squealed with delight "I told you that your trainer would come." I heard mother say before the door to the breeder's house closed.

ign: Brooklynmr

Edited by Brooklynmr

Heres my entry

EL LEGENDO DE BOFA

"ARRRGHGH I have burnned down to nothing , not even ashes remain" roared Gym Leader Blain as he buckled down in defeat. I snatch the Volcano badge and he mutters "I didnt see Bofa in your team so at least Giovanni can beat you."

"What is Bofa you old man" I ask menacingly 

"JAJAJAJAJAJA What is Bofa you say" He smirks and says "Since you defeated me I'll tell you, Head to the mansion next door and you will see, Hope you own a Gas Mask"
I leave the gym and head to the Pc to heal my pokemon up before going to search for this Bofa pokemon. 

"Yo nurse Joy you know what Bofa is?" I ask as she hands me my Pokeballs. Her mood instanlty changes and she looks shook as hell.
"Ummmmm i have no idea Tor, I've heard other trainers speak of Bofa but I've never seen or healed one" 

I grab my bookbag and thank Nurse Joy for healing my pokes and head to the door. As i open it i get a FaceTime call from Bill and he  asks me if i want to go to some islands with him. I tell him no andd that i have to search for Bofa.His whole demeanor changes and then he hangs the phone up. "???? WTF is this Bofa and why is everyone so shook when i bring it up" I ask myself. 

Walking into the mansion again gave me a nostalgic feeling since i havent been here since i stumbled upon a Shiny Growlithe. I glance to the right and see a kid in glasses chasing a Golden Blur. He throws a Luxury Ball at the blur and the ball rocks. One time, Two times, Three times, The pokemon was caught!!. He groans and walks towards the door and i congradulate him on catching what i assume to be a shiny ratatta. He glares at me and scoffs and wipes a tear from his eyes and groans saying "WHYYYYYYYY this is number 13".

Slamming the door as he leaves I return to my search for the legend. I see a flight of stairs and a hallway and i choose to take the hallways first. After checking a couple rooms and see nothing but statues so i decide to investigate the statues and find buttons on each one. I press the buttons thinking "Wynaut" . Immediatly after i press the button the lights cut off and i hear something moving in the shadows. I begin to faintly hear what appears to be the sound of a pokemon "

"Bo---" i hear behind me , i jerk around then hear "Faaaaaaaaaaa"  behind me. I couldnt tell if i was going crazy or not. Reaching for my Pokeballs i choose my trusty Smeargle. 

"Smeargle use Flash" I yell. The room begins to lighten up and i see the scary truth of what Bofa really is. My mind begins to race , trying to determine what i was actually looking at. The pokemon had One big head and another smaller head attached to it, but thats not even the weirdest part... The second it appeared i began to smell the strongest smell I'd ever smelled in my life. 

Face to Face with the legend i was slightly starstruck. It was just sitting there floating , and boy was it ugly as fuck. But then i began to think "What was it Blaine said?" Then it came to me!! This pokemon must have the ability Levitate, which is perfect to use against the final gym leader. Now that the mystery ws solved i began to weaken the pokemon to prepare myself to catch it. 

"Smeargle use spore" i yell. Smeagle sprinkes some powder over the poke and it instantly falls asleep. The time is now! I reach in my bag for an Ultra Ball and throw it at the pokemon. One tick, Two ticks, it begins to rock and i bite my lip, Three ticks!! Excitement begins to run through my head as i can basically see my 8th badge in my case already. I pick up the ultra balll and check my Dex to see what this thing is. 

"Bofa the Deez pokemon, thats it" the dex says. I try it again thinking the shit broke or something but it says the same thing...

Fast forward three days and I finally defeat Giovanni and recieve the Earth badge. As im walking out he asks me what was that pokemon that single handidly defeated him. I look him in the windows of his soul and whisper "Bofa" in his ear.
"WHAT IS BOFAAAAAAAAAAA" Giovanni yells
I turn around at the door and say in my calmest voice "deez  nuts uguuuuuuuuuuuuu" and slam the door shut

THE END 

Edited by Torinnnnn
I'll take my RP now

The good, the bad, the stray

"A Wild Flareon? What are you doing here?", Bidoof asked.

I was silent. I did not know how to answer. I just nodded my head.

"Wait, how does that... how is that possible? I haven't heard there's any wild Eevees in our region. Are you all the way from Unova?"

"No", I answered. "I was born in the local daycare."

"Does that mean you're..". Bidoof started to look awkward.

I nodded again.

"I'm so sorry", Bidoof continued. "I haven't ever been even wanted to get caught so I'm used to this life but for you it must have been awful."

"Ah well, I guess it's for the best", I mumbled.

"Why would someone do that?", Bidoof asked.

"Because I'm not good enough.", I mumbled even more quiet.

"What do you mean?"

I took a deep sigh. I really did not want to talk about this but as Bidoof seemed to be relatively worried about me I thought of sharing my story.

"You know about Smogon?", I asked.

"You mean that piece of shit magazine that just talks down every creature that does not have the strongest selection of moves and Fairy-typing?", Bidoof asked.

"Yup, that one", I answered.

"What about it?"

"It destroyed my life."

"How so?", Bidoof asked.

"I know it's getting late so do you really want a story time here?", I asked.

"Of course. It's not like I have anything better to do", Bidoof answered.

I took a few sticks and grabbed some grass from the ground, piled them up and torched it into fire.

"There, here's a small pyre. So you don't get cold." I awkwardly little bit smiled at the Bidoof.

"You don't think that's dangerous?", Bidoof asked a bit stunned.

"Meh.", I replied. "To be honest I don't even care."

"So...", Bidoof started to ask curiously. 

"So yeah...", I replied.

I took a second to think whether I wanna talk about this. The more I think about it the more it gets me bitter but regardless I decided to do it.

"His name was Ron. I was just newborn in the daycare and young Ron and his parents came to the daycare with the intentions to buy him his first Pokemon. I tried to look all tough so they would consider me the best battler of all the newborn Eevees in the daycare. And it worked. Ron pointed at me right away and I couldn't have been any happier. Since my first battles as a Eevee I was ruthless. I've been discovered to be adamant from my nature and they say it makes you hit like a truck. And I did."

"So what happened, what did go wrong?", Bidoof asked me while looking a bit expectedly.

"One day Ron decided it's time for me to evolve. I was very excited about that. As a Eevee, as you know I had multiple evolutions..."

"Yeah, I know", Bidoof said. "Lucky you".

"Ron had bunch of stones in his hand. Since he had no knowledge of what to evolve, he asked me what I want to become. I nodded at the Fire Stone. Ron bought the Fire Stone and quickly after it the evolution process started. I became a Flareon and I never felt so good in my life. I started to battle fiercely and I don't think I barely lost any battles ever. My Flare Blitz is known all over this region, even your water-type Bibarel dad couldn't live that shit."

"We'll see about that", Bidoof laughed.

"Anyways, one day this Smogon magazine came out and the enthusiastic trainer Ron was he needed to get his hands on the first edition. The first magazine had an article about Eeveelutions. And it ranked Flareon as the last. Ron showed me the magazine and started to yell at me. He was so mad that all that effort and money was wasted to make me a Flareon and meanwhile it's the worst Eeveelution of them all. He blamed it all on me, because I made the choice."

"Oh my Arceus, that's so awful", Bidoof said. He looked much more sad about what I just said that I've ever been.

"So yeah", I continued. "Quite soon after it he told me go away of his life and released me. Now I'm a wild Flareon. Only one in the region, probably.

"What are you going to do now", Bidoof asked me.

I took a long pause. I haven't exactly thought of that through myself.

"I don't know", I answered.

"Well dude, you're such a strong Pokemon. You can't just... not do anything? You're destined for greatness, not mediocrity. Like me", Bidoof joked.

I smiled lightly. "Don't say that about yourself", I said a bit awkwardly.

"It's true, though", Bidoof continued. "What do you wanna do the most in your life right now?", Bidoof asked.

"Kick that moron's ass", I answered right off the bat.

"Well, see? That's a life plan for you.", Bidoof tried to courage me. "You aren't Adamant for nothing."

I was quiet for a second. "You're right", I said.

Bidoof looked at me satisfied.

"I'm gonna train in these woods to become the strongest Flareon to live on this region. And I'm gonna show what that stupid kid just lost.", I said. I never felt this good in my life.

Bidoof smiled at me.

"Let's do this.", I said.

IGN OrangeManiac

Edited by OrangeManiac
16 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

The good, the bad, the stray

"A Wild Flareon? What are doing here?", Bidoof asked.

I was silent. I did not know how to answer. I just nodded my head.

"Wait, how does that... how is that possible? I haven't heard there's any wild Eevees in our region. Are you all the way from Unova?"

"No", I answered. "I was born in the local daycare."

"Does that mean you're..". Bidoof started to look awkward.

I nodded again.

"I'm so sorry", Bidoof continued. "I haven't ever been even wanted to get caught so I'm used to this life but for you it must have been awful."

"Ah well, I guess it's for the best", I mumbled.

"Why would he do that?", Bidoof asked.

"Because I'm not good enough.", I mumbled even more quiet.

"What do you mean?"

I took a deep sigh. I really did not want to talk about this but as Bidoof seemed to be relatively worried about me I thought of sharing my story.

"You know about Smogon?", I asked.

"You mean that piece of shit magazine that just talks down every creature that does not have the strongest selection of moves and Fairy-typing?", Bidoof asked.

"Yup, that one", I answered.

"What about it?"

"It destroyed my life."

"How so?", Bidoof asked.

"I know it's getting late so do really want a story time here?", I asked.

"Of course. It's not like I have anything better to do", Bidoof answered.

I took a few sticks and grabbed some grass from the ground, piled them up and torched it into fire.

"There, here's a small pyre. So you don't get cold." I awkwardly little bit smiled at the Bidoof.

"You don't think that's dangerous?", Bidoof asked a bit stunned.

"Meh.", I replied. "To be honest I don't even care."

"So...", Bidoof started to ask curiously. 

"So yeah...", I replied.

I took a second to think whether I wanna talk about this. The more I think about it the more it gets me bitter but regardless I decided to do it.

"His name was Ron. I was just newborn in the daycare and young Ron and his parents came to the daycare with the intentions to buy him his first Pokemon. I tried to look all tough so they would consider me the best battler of all the newborn Eevees in the daycare. And it worked. Ron pointed at me right away and I couldn't have been any happier. Since my first battles as a Eevee I was ruthless. I've been discovered to be adamant from my nature and they say it makes you hit like a truck. And I did."

"So what happened, what did go wrong?", Bidoof asked me while looking a bit expectedly.

"One day Ron decided it's time for me to evolve. I was very excited about that. As a Eevee, as you know I had multiple evolutions..."

"Yeah, I know", Bidoof said. "Lucky you".

"Ron had bunch of stones in his hand. Since he had no knowledge of what to evolve, he asked me what I want to become. I nodded at the Fire Stone. Ron bought the Fire Stone and quickly after it the evolution process started. I became a Flareon and I never felt so good in my life. I started to battle fiercely and I don't think I barely lost any battles ever. My Flare Blitz is known all over this region, even your water-type Bibarel dad couldn't live that shit."

"We'll see about that", Bidoof laughed.

"Anyways, one day this Smogon magazine came out and the enthusiastic trainer Ron was he needed to get his hands on the first edition. The first magazine had an article about Eeveelutions. And it ranked Flareon as the last. Ron showed me the magazine and started to yell at me. He was so mad that all that effort and money was to be made me a Flareon and meanwhile it's the worst Eeveelution of them all. He blamed it all on me, because I made the choice."

"Oh my Arceus, that's so awful", Bidoof said. He looked much more sad about what I just said that I've ever been.

"So yeah", I continued. "Quite soon after it he told me go away of his life and released me. Now I'm a wild Flareon. Only one in the region, probably.

"What are you going to do now", Bidoof asked me.

I took a long pause. I haven't exactly thought of that through myself.

"I don't know", I answered.

"Well dude, you're such a strong Pokemon. You can't just... not do anything? You're destined for greatness, not mediocrity. Like me", Bidoof joked.

I smiled lightly. "Don't say that about yourself", I said a bit awkwardly.

"It's true, though", Bidoof continued. "What do you wanna do the most in your life right now?", Bidoof asked.

"Kick that moron's ass", I answered right off the bat.

"Well, see? That's a life plan for you.", Bidoof tried to courage me. "You aren't Adamant for nothing."

I was quiet for a second. "You're right", I said.

Bidoof looked at me satisfied.

"I'm gonna train in these woods to become the strongest Flareon to live on this region. And I'm gonna show what that stupid kid just missed.", I said. I never felt this good in my life.

Bidoof smiled at me.

"Let's do this.", I said.

IGN OrangeManiac

Bibarel OP though

5KrwZpS.png For this contest we are looking for budding writers to produce a piece of creative writing written from the perspective of a Pokemon.

5 minutes ago, Torinnnnn said:

none of you wrote about bofa so im already ahead of the game

But bonus points for 13th rat, it made me laugh

34 minutes ago, Noad said:

Torinnnnn is a Normal type Pokemon of Lax Nature. Found in the long grass, he often has trouble reading the criteria for internet writing contests. When challenged he will become alarmed and attempt to run away whilst crying "Deez Nuts!!!" 

<3 she understands bofa 

I always wanted to participate in one of those writing contests. Here's my pitch...

Spoiler

Shroomish?

"hello," a voice resounded loudly through Petalburg Woods. It was obvious from the tone that the voice wasn't trying to shout, and yet I'm certain it was loud enough for the whole world to hear. I didn't even need to turn in the voice's direction to know who it was coming from...it was another human.

"lol I just realized why parasect's not a good catcher, so I'm hunting for a new one," the human continued, seemingly speaking to no one in particular. I remember a sudden sense of fear attacking my nerves upon realizing the human wasn't just another passerby; that she was intending to stay for a while.

I turned right then left to confirm what I already suspected: no other human was in the woods meaning I only had to avoid the one. I wobbled on my tippy-stubs as I tried to sneak through the tall grass into the safety of the trees.

Nothing good would come from being caught by a human.

Before you misunderstand, allow me to clarify. Nothing bad would come from being caught by a human, either. If you were caught by a human, you were promised a source of food, comfortable living, and a constant challenge, something all pokémon yearn for.

That's not to say there aren't evil people. Not too long ago, a man dressed up like a pirate committed horrible cruelties for no stated reason. But I knew this human was not like that one. She was one of those trainers who would heroically defeat said pirate and then later pass through affectionately dressed in their garbs: the incomprehensible ones.

I remember the day these types of humans first migrated in large numbers through Petalburg Woods: 13 January 2015. Most of the time they would just walk briskly past us in transit to Rustboro City, but their large numbers made it impossible to notice their oddities. I felt so curious that I even came to understand their speech. Did they ever pay special attention to the pokémon they passed by?

"No, not smeargle, although I might want to try that later. I'm farming for shroomish," the human continued her one-sided conversation. One particular word stuck to me out of it. What was it? Shroomish? Shroo-mish. Shroom...ish. Huh, what a strange word.

I'm not an idiot. I know that "shroomish" is what humans use to refer to me...to refer to us. I just don't understand it. Why shroomish? Does it mean something special? Is it just because we kind of look like mushrooms? I wonder if other pokémon are given similar names. From my understanding, a worm-like pokémon is called a "wurmple", a dog-like pokémon is called a "poochyena", and a raccoon-like pokémon is called a "zigzagoon", right? Do you know what we call all those pokémon? We just call them "people". Why? Well, first of all, there are only so many sounds we can make before every word sounds like the other, but also because it's simpler that way. I'm pretty sure I'm distantly related to a wurmple anyways, so we may as well be considered the same species. But humans go out of their way to identify a species by the difference. Why does it have to be so complicated?

I finally made it to the trees. Safe. I peeked at the human from behind the shade. She ran around in the tall grass tirelessly in search for pokémon...I think. I had to wonder how anyone expected to discern objects at that speed. Sometimes she would step out on to the normal-length grass where no pokémon could possibly appear by mistake. Impractical process, right? Yet this didn't seem to deter her in the slightest. Oddly enough, her impractical process somehow yielded her an encounter.

*Wild WURMPLE appeared!*

*Kindled sent out FunGuy!*

*FunGuy used SLASH!*

*Wild WURMPLE fainted!*

*Kindled's FunGuy gained 32 EXP. Points!*

She beat that pokémon half to death, and yet right after the battle could claim to be officially over, I saw it rise up again and wriggle away as if any injury had only been imagined. How? Did the human somehow have a device that allowed her to heal a pokémon right after a battle? In that case, perhaps the better question was why? Why would you violently rip somebody in half and then proceed to cover up the wound with a band-aid? 

I could chalk that up on a long list of other oddities about these particular types of humans. No pokémon is a stranger to the fact that members of our species get caught. We relish it; we live for it. But then why may you ask are there so many pokémon in areas like these where so many of our native inhabitants have been captured? That's because most of those captured pokémon are released right after they're captured. It's true! I saw it with my own eyes! A human captured a person I often chatted with, and I was able to say "Hello" to him again before the hour's end. Why? Why would you capture a pokémon only to immediately deny them that pleasure? What do you gain from it?

"Are we sure the pokedex isn't lying to me? I haven't seen any shroomish and I've been running around for an hour. XD" Despite the normal connotation her words normally held, I couldn't detect any annoyance from it; just a hollow tone of whimsy. She still ran around the tall grass with as much vigor as ever. Just as much. Humans get tired too, right?

I grinned to myself as I gazed upon her futile struggle. She wouldn't encounter anything from now on. We were too experienced with interacting with the incomprehensible. By now, I estimate that everybody in her preferred path of grass had already fled. That was our agreed upon plan. Eventually, she will become impatient from a lack of encountering pokémon and move on somewhere else. That was the plan anyway, but something was weird...

*Wild WURMPLE appeared!*

*Wild POOCHYENA appeared!*

*Wild Silcoon appeared!*

...It didn't make sense! I looked around the tall grass and it was empty! Not a single pokémon in sight! How in the world is she managing to consistently find encounters? Is she a magician? A psychic? Is Arceus, for whatever reason, teleporting the pokémon to her to reward her for her pure determination? See what I mean by incomprehensible? Where's the logic here?

*Wild SHROOMISH appeared!*

I appeared in front of the human, even though I was behind a tree just a second ago. I...There's no point in applying logic where there is none, is there?

":o"

"I FOUND A SHROOMISH!!!" The human shouted at the top of her lungs for the world to hear, but there was no true excitement reflected in her; just a hollow tone of whimsy, so devoid of heart it made the Tin Man look warm. 

Well, I didn't expect the human's determination would go far enough to break the laws of physics just to capture me, but I wasn't going to be captured without a splendid fight!

*FunGuy used FALSE SWIPE!*

*Wild SHROOMISH used TACKLE!*

No, the human denied me even that much. "Splendid" is not the choice of words I'd use to describe the battle that proceeded. She used a ridiculously overpowered pokémon against me who had barely even learned how to fight. As she threw the pokéball, I felt deep regret, but it wasn't for me. As the beam of light enveloped me, I could only think to myself, "Didn't she and that pokémon have anything better to do? Should a pokémon strong enough to face off against the Elite Four be used against a pokémon that has no hopes of beating it?" I blacked out before I could arrive at any satisfying answer.

"So guys, what should I name my FIcbQv0.png[SHROOMISH] ?" I awoke to the sound of her resounding voice. It seems she did not wait long before retrieving me.

"Nah, that's dumb. Actually, never mind, I've got it figured out."

*SHROOMISH is now nicknamed Toad.*

She had given me a nickname; a symbol of the bond between human and trainer. My name was Toad!

...So why did I feel so shroomish?

Sorry if it went on for a bit too long (1362 words). I had too much to say.

IGN: Kindled

Edited by Kyklous
grammar and consistency

IGN: WolfgangDamien

Inspired by, and done in the style of, The Outsider by H.P. Lovecraft

The Shapeless

I was born with all the knowledge I have ever possessed. I do not know where I was born, save for it being infinitely dark and infinitely empty. There is no weather here, no terrain, nothing but endless, sightless, soundless space. I must have lived for years in this place, though I cannot account for any measure of time and I could not tell you my age. 

Beings must have tended to my needs but I cannot recall seeing another living being, and I have no family that I can speak of. Truly, I know not whether I am of the living, or otherwise, for I know not even what I am. In this dark and endless abyss, I have never seen light, the moon, stars, trees or grass, or even myself; and at the presence moment I do not seem to even possess a denifite, solid, form. Fleetingly, Ill be conscious of having a definite form, but it never lasts, and it's different every time.

The maddening silence and darkness has weighed upon me for what seems like eons. I cannot take it anymore. With all my might I fight and struggle against my black void of a prison, struggling for an oppressive amount of time where my prison grew no brighter or smaller. The unending darkness drove me wild, and with a blinding fit of rage and a flash of light I had never known before, somehow, I had escaped my black prison.

The floor was cold, hard and smooth. In the air hung a mix of chemical and smokey odors. I heard voices, and when my eyes finally adjusted to the light, I saw figures in the middle of the room. They were gathered around a large cylinder filled with liquid, it was hooked up to various scientific instruments, hoses and tubes, and electrical machines all around that whurred and purred, beeped and ticked in no particular harmony. As I walked closer I noticed there was also something inside the tank. It was about the same size as the figures outside of the tank, but vastly different in appearance. 

Suddenly I was overcome with the sensation of having a definite form again, and before I could assess what I was in the light for the first time, the creatures had noticed me. Their faces quickly distorted into mangled disgust and fear, they ran and screamed, dropping their paperwork, smashing into machines and each other, spilling hazardous chemicals, fearful, frantic faces whooshed passed me with terrible haste.

The creature in the tank did not stir. I walked closer to it and got a better look. It was tall and thin, mostly light in color, with a dark-colored belly and a long matching appendage that shot out the entire length of the creature from its backside. There were two small horns on its head that the other creatures did not have, and its other appendages terminated in three stubby points, unlike the five slender points the others had had. 

Loud sirens started to go off in the background, alerting others to the presence of an intruder. Was I the intruder? I had not hurt anyone. It was only me and the tank creature in the large room now. Our solidtude would be short-lived, a lone creature like the ones that had run screaming from the room had now re-entered it. This one was calm, undeterred by my presence. He walked toward me, slowly, but confidently. When his gaze met mine he did not cower, did not show fear, or any emotion at all. I was transfixed by his gaze, so mesmorized was I that I felt my body lose its solid form once again. The tall creature smiled at me and reached out one appendage with five slender points toward me. 

The thing picked me up and stuffed me under the long, tattered white cloth he wore around himself. Soon I felt as if I was floating in my black prison again, but this time it wasnt nearly as dark underneath the light-colored cloth. We must have been moving, the creature was taking me somewhere. The sirens wail in the background and the only other sounds are the flat, sharp footsteps of the tall thing carrying me, against the hard, flat floor, echoing through the halls as we pass. He carried me down many long, twisting, empty hallways until we were outside of the building. 

Once outside I heard the return of panicked voices in the background, which soon faded as the creature did not stop. He continued his march away from the building, away from the panicking people, and away from my floating black prison forever. When he finally stopped and released me from under his coat, he propped me up on his shoulder. I saw the world for the first time, the sun, the sky, trees and grass, and the brightly lit face of my rescuer. Instantly I was overwhelmed with joy, and in this moment I uttered the first sounds that had ever left my mouth, sounds I had hoped my new found friend would recognize as appreciation and accept as a whole-hearted thank you. 

"Ditto!"

Spoiler

HHZ93kY.jpg

Edited by WolfgangDamien
cleaning up language / presentation

Jeff - By TJXD

IGN: StriderXD

I dont remember a lot from my life before Professor Oak's lab, but from what I do remember It was fun playing and learning from the other Pokemon that lived with me at the time. There were Pokemon of all kinds, some even told stories of going on long adventures with trainers and longed to be picked up again by them again . Pokemon came and went all the time at the lab and I too wondered if I would ever get the chance to see the outside world. It was a warm afternoon when the professor came by with a boy who seemed to be covering behind the older man , after gesturing towards the boy to go ahead he walked across the lab and started to look at the different Pokemon present at the time. I feared losing another one of my friends as I had already lost far too many , I lost sight of the boy for a second before I Heard a whisper behind me "Him, Professor", said the boy. "Ah, the Elekid" a fine Pokemon to start your journey said the Professor. Elekid ? My name was Jeff and if this kid was going to call me that for the rest of my life I dont know what I was going to do.  He ended up calling me 'Bolt' and even though I started off hating it, I grew used to it as time went along. After about a month of living with the boy and his family at his house we were finally about to head off for an adventure, I sure was gonna miss his mothers Pokeblock ramen. We started off heading to this town called pewter and on the way we fought a bunch of battles which werent much of a challenge as all those years play fighting at Oak's made me pick up a few moves off my friends.When we finally got there and got ourselves prepared to fight what would be our biggest challenge together , the gym leader brought out what he called an Onix  which was a monstrous Pokemon , huge in comparison to the Tauros which were the biggest on the yard back home . After finding out that my electric attacks did nothing to the beast we tried using my speed against him and after a couple of quick tackles I turned around into what I remember being a sharp blow to the side of my head. I woke up the next day to a disappointed face, we had lost the match and I had failed my trainer, I tried to get back up to my feet but my body had failed me, the boy just looked at me with a smile that appeared as soon as our eyes met "We'll get him next time for sure ! Wont we, Bolt ?" he said. "My name is Jeff" I muttered.

Edited by TJXD
3 hours ago, TJXD said:

Jeff - By TJXD

IGN: StriderXD

I dont remember a lot from my life before Professor Oak's lab, but from what I do remember It was fun playing and learning from the other Pokemon that lived with me at the time. There were Pokemon of all kinds, some even told stories of going on long adventures with trainers and longed to be picked up again by them again . Pokemon came and went all the time at the lab and I too wondered if I would ever get the chance to see the outside world. It was a warm afternoon when the professor came by with a boy who seemed to be covering behind the older man , after gesturing towards the boy to go ahead he walked across the lab and started to look at the different Pokemon present at the time. I feared losing another one of my friends as I had already lost far too many , I lost sight of the boy for a second before I Heard a whisper behind me "Him, Professor", said the boy. "Ah, the Elekid" a fine Pokemon to start your journey said the Professor. Elekid ? My name was Jeff and if this kid was going to call me that for the rest of my life I dont know what I was going to do.  He ended up calling me 'Bolt' and even though I started off hating it, I grew used to it as time went along. After about a month of living with the boy and his family at his house we were finally about to head off for an adventure, I sure was gonna miss his mothers Pokeblock ramen. We started off heading to this town called pewter and on the way we fought a bunch of battles which werent much of a challenge as all those years play fighting at Oak's made me pick up a few moves off my friends.When we finally got there and got ourselves prepared to fight what would be our biggest challenge together , the gym leader brought out what he called an Onix  which was a monstrous Pokemon , huge in comparison to the Tauros which were the biggest on the yard back home . After finding out that my electric attacks did nothing to the beast we tried using my speed against him and after a couple of quick tackles I turned around into what I remember being a sharp blow to the side of my head. I woke up the next day to a disappointed face, we had lost the match and I had failed my trainer, I tried to get back up to my feet but my body had failed me, the boy just looked at me with a smile that appeared as soon as our eyes met "We'll get him next time for sure ! Wont we, Bolt ?" he said. "My name is Jeff" I muttered.

10/10 buildup

GG everyone. I got this. @Telf @Gunthug

Title: What I Am

IGN: Moetal

I am a monster.
I am one of the oldest in the world, but the world has no record of me.
I am the Alpha.
I am the Omega.
I am the Zero.
I am the One. 
I am the strongest, but I am also the weakest.
I am no legend, but legends fear me.

I go by many names and many forms.
I might not look like me sometimes, but I am always me.
I am no copycat though, and I am no shapeshifter.
I should not be lumped together with mimes and mimics.
I only know I bring the end on those who look at me wrong.
I do not always speak, but my very voice could drive men mad.

I am a blessing and I am a curse.
I am your wildest dream, yet I am also your worst nightmare.
I have the ability to change the world, but my influence will forever scar it.
I am the Pandora's box.
I cannot be stopped once I am released.
I taint all I touch, but countless fools still approach me in hopes of 'miracles'.
I have no remorse for those who would even try to contain me.
I only know they've doomed themselves in their feeble attempt.
I might be used as a tool by some, but I am no fool.
I am the one who gets the last laugh when their world come crashing down.

I suppose you have some idea who I might be by now, but how confident are you?
I hope you are ready.
I am...

Spoiler
Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by Moetal
Proofreading is hard
7 hours ago, Moetal said:

Title: What I Am

IGN: Moetal

I am a monster.
I am one of the oldest in the world, but the world has no record of me.
I am the Alpha.
I am the Omega.
I am the Zero.
I am the One. 
I am the strongest, but I am also the weakest.
I am no legend, but legends fear me.

I go by many names and many forms.
I might not look like me sometimes, but I am always me.
I am no copycat though, and I am no shape-shifter.
I should not be lumped together with mimes and mimics.
I only know I bring the end on those who looks at me wrong.
I do not always speak, but my very voice could drive men mad.

I am a blessing and I am a curse.
I am your wildest dream, yet I am also your worst nightmare.
I have the ability to change the world, but my influence will forever scars it.
I am the Pandora's box.
I cannot be stopped once I am released.
I taint all I touch, but countless fools still approach me in hopes of 'miracles'.
I have no remorse for those who would even try to contain me.
I only know they've doomed themselves in their feeble attempt.
I might be used a tool by some, but I am no fool.
I am the one who gets the last laugh when their world come crashing down.

I suppose you have some idea who I might be by now, but how confident are you?
I hope you are ready.
I am...

Hide contents
  Hide contents

image.jpg

Moetal~ forever my competition lol Didnt know you were a writer too. I really enjoyed this piece, and loved the reveal!

Edited by WolfgangDamien
spelling mistakes
  • 2 weeks later...