Thunder Wave

give us the new thunder wave mechanics:

Generation VII

Thunder Wave's accuracy was lowered to 90%.

Speed drop from 1/4 to 1/2.

i don't really care if it doesn't make sense gen wise, it makes sense from a competitive aspect. Toxic & WoW, even leechseed all have a chance to miss and thus involve a certain amount of risk to pull off. Thunder wave is kinda mindless and so easy to use & abuse. Sure there's groundtype's, taunt, clerics & lum berries, but that doesn't change the fact that twave is kinda broken & op. 

like i said it's a little risk, huge reward move which can totally cripple an incoming switch and render it close to useless.

Orange's thread in suggestion box:

@staff pls consider

@ppl pls discuss

Edited by Flavawhat
9 minutes ago, suigin said:

Sounds good.

Personally I'd have removed the full para chance on paralysis in general instead of nerfing both the speed drop and the accuracy of Thunder Wave but lol Game Freak.

I'm not a fan of nerfing the speed drop though.

yeah the speed drop is a whole other story, but if we do one we should do the other, otherwise we're just making stuff up and where will that end.

1 minute ago, RysPicz said:

@OrangeManiac posted a similar thread in suggestion box (updating stuff to gen7 mechanics), but I totally support even the slightest change in our current competitive environment which will promote skill rather than hax, even if it does not include all gen7 mechanics (while I most certainly hope it will)

ah true i wasn't sure where to post this so didn't bother to check suggestion box.

4 minutes ago, suigin said:

Would it? The only Pokemon I can see suffering a lot is maybe Slowbro.

well there's some other pokes like slowking & bro, kecleon & clefable who would suffer from it, but i don't necessarily see it as such a bad thing. it doesn't make them shit pokes, it just takes away their 100% accurate 'fuck you' move. they're still more than viable and it doesn't even take away the move, just makes it a little less op.

this twave meta shouldn't be the standard

2 hours ago, Moetal said:

Instead of reducing Twave accuracy, why not increase accuracy of the other status to 100%? Wow, toxic, sleep powder, etc. Also remove crit mechanics because crit is rng. Also make all moves hit 100% never miss cuz fuck rng.

I like the idea of removing crits... why we still dont do that? i mean, nobody likes crits

2 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

I just don't think the damage is even that high to deserve a nerf, even taking in account that it also lowers target's attack, and the only burn inducing move has meh accuracy (not counting the side effects from ft, fb and other fire attack moves).

See that wasn't so hard was it? I actually pretty much agree with you, the main purpose for the burn nerf was the move scald anyways - which we don't have. It's not a big deal in my opinion though since the main purpose of a burn is halving attack in my eyes. And twave really needs the nerf 

15 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

See that wasn't so hard was it? I actually pretty much agree with you, the main purpose for the burn nerf was the move scald anyways - which we don't have. It's not a big deal in my opinion though since the main purpose of a burn is halving attack in my eyes. And twave really needs the nerf 

I would say that confusion also needs the nerf to prevent ppl from abusing the flip coin games...

I don't think t wave needs a nerf. Sometimes it can be quite useless. It has so many counters. Heal bellers, ground types, electric types, lum berries,limber. If you t wave blindlesly and it turns out the other opponent has a ground type you just lose momentum. Its a good counter to hyper offensive teams, slow them down a bit. Theres probably other reasons to why it was never updated untill gen 7.

2 hours ago, LionKIng said:

I don't think t wave needs a nerf. Sometimes it can be quite useless. It has so many counters. Heal bellers, ground types, electric types, lum berries,limber. If you t wave blindlesly and it turns out the other opponent has a ground type you just lose momentum. Its a good counter to hyper offensive teams, slow them down a bit. Theres probably other reasons to why it was never updated untill gen 7.

My question has always been "why should twave have 100% accuracy but other status moves dont?" Got an answer for that? 

(Keep in mind that it has the strongest effect of any status move since it not only cuts speed immensely, but also has a chance to literally take away turns)

Edited by Gunthug
1 hour ago, Gunthug said:

My question has always been "why should twave have 100% accuracy but other status moves dont?" Got an answer for that? 

(Keep in mind that it has the strongest effect of any status move since it not only cuts speed immensely, but also has a chance to literally take away turns)

and because theres so many more immunities than the other crippling moves

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.