Discussion of legendary pokemons have been going on for years...

Most of the time it comes down to "When we think we have a proper system for them we will implement them"

I don't understand how we still don't have legendaries after all these years.

I get the points:

They are too stronk

Should be unique

etc...

Either make them as ubers, or create a new tier "Legendaries" which will make it so they will never be used competitively... that solves your problem of legendaries being too "strong"... they can only be used in fun matches... that's it.

In the unique department, technically if you play any of the original games you will run into people who happen to have same legendaries as you, there is nothing you can do about that.  So why should they be unique here? Only having 1 of each legendary pokemon will only frustrate the majority of people.

What you guys think?

I mean't no disrespect in my OP @Kyu I am actually very happy with with progress you guys have done with this game :) I just wanted to see what everyone is currently thinking about how we feels about 'em legendaries at the moment :)  I did not know that the policies for legendaries had changed that's my bad... You know how it is playing things off and on makes you lose track of things heh.

I am glad that we are no longer restricting the numbers of legendaries though!

Edited by maximilious
9 minutes ago, Kyu said:

ugly bird things which got banned due to their stupid +50% item but only when holding it)

I don't think those would need a ban, considering we are able to ban items, but we should still have it implemented. 

11 minutes ago, Kyu said:

making them renewable & refinable is something we're working on.

Would this mean having legends respawn in the dungeon, allowing you to capture another and breed them with one of the same species? It would provide a reason to return to dungeons and not run them once and forget about them.

Slightly unrelated, but will said legends be shiny locked?

4 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Would this mean having legends respawn in the dungeon, allowing you to capture another and breed them with one of the same species? It would provide a reason to return to dungeons and not run them once and forget about them.

Slightly unrelated, but will said legends be shiny locked?

Yes

No. There will be restrictions related to Master Balls but that's all we have planned

Edited by Kyu

I am not very similar with original game "legendary breeding" but a google search showed me that " Legendary Pokemon cannot breed because they usually have unknown genders, and even Pokemon like Heatran who have a gender still cannot breed."

Nice, I like how we will have restricted IV for legendary pokemons based purely on RNG of when we catch em, instead of breeding them like crazy until we get perfect :P

Edited by maximilious
2 hours ago, Kyu said:

But for lesser ones (e.g. Birds, Dogs, ugly bird things which got banned due to their stupid +50% item but only when holding it) making them renewable & refinable is something we're working on.

Was expecting dogs / birds / regis and wasnt expecting latios and latias, is it possible to know which ones are being considered? Is it just the ones with 680base stats that we aren't getting?

Also I know you probably can't say exacts but just to make sure, are they going to be implemented in such a way to where they will be usable with comp being able to choose natures / ivs / hidden powers?

14 minutes ago, Rendiz said:

Was expecting dogs / birds / regis and wasnt expecting latios and latias, is it possible to know which ones are being considered? Is it just the ones with 680base stats that we aren't getting?

Also I know you probably can't say exacts but just to make sure, are they going to be implemented in such a way to where they will be usable with comp being able to choose natures / ivs / hidden powers?

Yes.

Competitive play will be taken into account.

12 minutes ago, Bishav said:

Darkshade pulling a kyu. Answering with one word/sentence to avoid statements like "calc is essentially cheating"

I hope legendary dungeons are smaller than the current one. A difficult boss is better than 10 hrs of puzzle cancer. Boss drops being legendary mons sounds like a decent idea.

Puzzles wouldnt be bad

if the reward was worth the effort

I still don't like the legendaries idea, idk why everyone is so

hyped for this...

Something I always liked about MMO is that "oh, we don't

have those shitty legendaries here!"...

(no, it has nothing to do with them being strong)

Edited by Maelstrom

then I explain the situation again:
HERE we are on a MMO and therefore it is a virtual world where we come to join it in the form of our characters.

This means that if there is a legendary one and ONLY ONE (HERE'S WHY IT'S CALLED THE LEGENDARY)
the legendary are exemplary UNIQUE
no one, rather than another can own a legendary .... and then, we all can not possess a legendary (just because they are unique)

now give my idea:

it would be more fun to put the legendary in the PvE contexts
for esxample: when you catch MEW, being attacked by Roket and scientists team to their own it (as if we protect mew)
the end of event we leave MEW

2nd that: I demand Legendaries in dis order to be available to be cough in legendary dungeon:

1. Jirachi.

2. Celebi

3. Shymin.

4. Lugia

5. Latios/Latias

6. Meliolatta

7. Others

and I 2nd the idea of limited legionaries - example.: u may keep only 1 legendary at a time, such that a person should CHOOSE what legendary he/she wants to have. This would also signify that legendary is exclusive POWA poke 1 of the kind, saying something like that Legendary 'supports' a trainer (not like 100 legendaries supporting the 1 trainer) but rather 1 legendary stands behind 1 trainer and lends that unworthy noob it's powa, not the other way around lowly noob having 1000 legendaries.

Tho I would kind of also prefer when legendary dungeon appears to implement 'choice of element' thingy such that a trainer would side with certain element, whch in return Legendary of that element 'favors' that trainer, therefore lends him his powa (or I guess a trainer can catch only pre-chosen region Legendaries only). Tho all legenaries MUST (even the refrigerators) be implemented no matter which gen  moveset - yes I am all for jirachi, celebi, and shymin :3

Tho I kind of want more legendaries to be kept at a 1 time since hard to choose only Jirachi x.x, but 1 would be fairest I think...

Legendaries definitely not breedable.

If u catch shiny Legendary u may keep 1 more legendary then.

In that way even pvp would be more fun since all could have only 1 legendary poke and  anticipation which one each has along with moveset  could make  more variability in  pvp. I believe that most legendaries are 600 IV pokes and OP Legends of OP IV count can be made temp catch to fight over with like  MewTwo is atm or just new tier I guess ;o

Edited by elfZ