Can we exclude Sinnoh?

Bestfriends

Question

Good morning, I am not sure where to post this, but people PM me things like...

"Are you ready for Gen 4 pokemon??" 

"I am sure the developers are making Sinnoh! Like it or not, it will happen!"

"Look what Kyu said here... IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!"

I feel like I am in the minority on this one, but I would like to just have 2 regions due to easy navigation. Yes, it will discourage some players from making alts, but I like the general "feel" of the GBA Pokemon games. I feel like that movie "Back to the Future" where you can go to Sinnoh and back to Hoenn or Kanto. Not only that, but the devs will have to take a significant portion of the story out because you have to go into the Distortion World to fight off giratina as well as Cyrus. I know that the devs do not want legendaries to be encountered in our game play, but if the devs do take this out then it would leave people's heads scratching. Overall, I do not have a good feeling about a Sinnoh implementation. The devs will have to do surgery on the story mode because you encounter a lot of legendaries and the story itself encompasses those legendaries. The blonde hair lady with black clothes talks about the legendaries and it wouldn't feel right not catching them.

Edited by Bestfriends

3 hours ago, druido890 said:

1. implemented...easy (with move, ability and item)

2. I do not think that to be here in 3 generation, I think of being in a pokemon world

3.it is monotonous, a good MMO respectfull frequent ugrade and new (which does not happen often here)

4.a full game? Yes! (And we are 80% + of hoenn) the legendary? I'm not interested and I hope I will not be implemented in pvp tournament....so i prefer 4ht gen

1. I agree with this

2. I plan on releasing parrots in Antarctica and polar bears in Brazil. You are throwing in alien pokemon (no Trump jokes) into a foreign place. People are going to have their heads scratching and will leave a lot of confusion. You may come up with a counter argument that states "Johto starters you hypocrite." I am going to answer this by saying that 80% - 90% of Johto pokemon (except for legendaries) were implemented, all we needed was the starters. Not only that, but most of the Johto pokemon were in their natural habitat.

3. I would like to ask, do you dedicate yourself to a certain occupation on PokeMMO? Me personally, I try to provide videos for the community's pleasure and I plan on attending an official someday. There are plenty of opportunities on PokeMMO, I can name a few...

a) Competitive Play

b) Shiny Trading

c) Being a social person in Verm

d) Go into YouTube

e) Berry Farming

f) Being staff

There are a lot more examples I can come up with. PokeMMO is not a boring place, there is a lot that goes into PokeMMO.

4. This is your opinion. There is a lot of hype for legendaries, look in this thread...

You don't care about the other legendaries. Raquaza and Mewtwo are the only legendaries that are obtainable. In Pokemon Stadium, I had good memories with Zapdos and Articuno and your telling me that we should not care about them and just work on gen 4 pokemon? I want all the legendaries of our current gen (including Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Deoxys) to be obtainable. Hoenn is far from 80% done, we still need the Trick House, some buildings from the BF, the Battle Tower in Hoenn, and legendaries to be implemented.

In summary, I feel that a new region and pokemon are not needed. We can deal with moves, items, and mechanics.

Edited by Bestfriends

Perhaps I did not explain well, I'm sorry then

I never said I want the new region and the new generation NOW I simply said that the timing should be sped up a little, and that is already beginning to THINK about something new, and in the meantime runs to complete hoenn

4. I did not say that I do not want the legendary on pokemmo I said I do not want to be used in tournaments and can be caught which implement or not, I wish they were an event like that of mewtwo

read my post please:

p.s. 

if you open a post with this title you demoralize of all of us that we want the next generation of Pokémon and the new region

Edited by druido890
8 minutes ago, druido890 said:

Perhaps I did not explain well, I'm sorry then

I never said I want the new region and the new generation NOW I simply said that the timing should be sped up a little, and that is already beginning to THINK about something new, and in the meantime runs to complete hoenn

4. I did not say that I do not want the legendary on pokemmo I said I do not want to be used in tournaments and can be caught which implement or not, I wish they were an event like that of mewtwo

read my post please:

Yes, but your still saying that you want the time to be sped up. I want as much features done with both Hoenn and Kanto before we think of something new. Haphazardness is not advised so I would like to wait on Sinnoh (maybe another couple years). Think of the regions like wrinkled shirts that need to be ironed. One shirt is Kanto, the second shirt is Hoenn, and the third shirt is Sinnoh. Kanto has already been ironed out as much as possible, Hoenn is not quite done yet, and Sinnoh is still in the laundry hamper because Hoenn has not been completely ironed out.

4. That is a completely legitimate point. Although I would like to own the legendaries, but not use them in competitive battles.

Edited by Bestfriends
The issue here concerns the time to Wait

okay wait, but two years partner wild with pleasure me a bit too long

as you can end up 20% of hoenn in 2 years? to implement 80% of hoenn we used two years?

Edited by druido890

Just add the new moves. Gen4 did a massive overhaul for movepools in general and added some interesting mechanics that would freshen up the meta (Until it devolves into Stealth Rock suicide leads). Sadly due to how MMO works all these moves would need new alternate names like "Courageous Bird" or "Trick Area" and coding them in instead of using the base rom would be a pain.

The devs probably just wanna work on pve instances right now though which is perfectly fine.

On 23/01/2017 at 6:06 PM, druido890 said:

The issue here concerns the time to Wait

okay wait, but two years partner wild with pleasure me a bit too long

as you can end up 20% of hoenn in 2 years? to implement 80% of hoenn we used two years?

Kanto was the dominate region for 3 years 2012-15. Hoenn still needs at least another year.

52 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

What exactly do we need another year for in hoenn?

I am going to quote you:

On 22/01/2017 at 7:17 PM, notmudkip0 said:

Did you even read what Kyu said on adding Johto? He said he wants actual endgame content, and not an extra region you can finish in a day. Endgame dungeons and such will add more than Johto or Sinnoh will for postgame. And no, Pokeathlon or Fight Area will provide very little, so don't bring them up.

On 22/01/2017 at 7:35 PM, notmudkip0 said:

I don't think it would, especially since collecting all Pokemon won't take too long, and again, the main postgame will be mostly PvP. Not everyone is gonna do PvP and anyone not doing it will grow bored of the little PvE we have. Also, even if a new region is added, it will take quite some time before it has everything implemented and working.

20 hours ago, notmudkip0 said:

That's all discussing postgame/new region, not hoenn. I'm asking what's missing in hoenn that needs a whole year to finish.

1. Mechanics of Trick room that people won't exploit with alts (this also includes prize selection) - 1-4 months due to multiple tests to see if prizes effects the economy

2. Game Corner to work in Hoenn - may also take a month

3. Hoenn's Battle Tower north of Mauville - 2 - 3 months

4. Dome, Pyramid, and Battle Pike - 5-7 months

5. Access to the Regi rocks without the Regis in them - 1-2 months

One year is 12 months, so lets add it all up (using maximum values to ensure quality in said feature):

1. Trick Room (4)

2. Game Corner (1)

3. Hoenn's Battle Tower (3)

4. Dome, Pyramid, and Pike (7)

5. Access to Regi Rocks without the Regis in them (2)

It all adds up to: 17 months which is beyond a year by 5 months

On 2.02.2017 at 1:51 AM, Bestfriends said:

1. Mechanics of Trick room that people won't exploit with alts (this also includes prize selection) - 1-4 months due to multiple tests to see if prizes effects the economy

2. Game Corner to work in Hoenn - may also take a month

3. Hoenn's Battle Tower north of Mauville - 2 - 3 months

4. Dome, Pyramid, and Battle Pike - 5-7 months

5. Access to the Regi rocks without the Regis in them - 1-2 months

One year is 12 months, so lets add it all up (using maximum values to ensure quality in said feature):

1. Trick Room (4)

2. Game Corner (1)

3. Hoenn's Battle Tower (3)

4. Dome, Pyramid, and Pike (7)

5. Access to Regi Rocks without the Regis in them (2)

It all adds up to: 17 months which is beyond a year by 5 months

List without random number of months needed for implementation would be more convincing tbh

2 hours ago, Toupi said:

List without random number of months needed for implementation would be more convincing tbh

The reason I put the numbers there is because I am approximating how difficult it is to implement said feature. I am not a developer, so I wouldn't know that many details, but I have a general idea.