Can we exclude Sinnoh?

Bestfriends

Question

Good morning, I am not sure where to post this, but people PM me things like...

"Are you ready for Gen 4 pokemon??" 

"I am sure the developers are making Sinnoh! Like it or not, it will happen!"

"Look what Kyu said here... IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!"

I feel like I am in the minority on this one, but I would like to just have 2 regions due to easy navigation. Yes, it will discourage some players from making alts, but I like the general "feel" of the GBA Pokemon games. I feel like that movie "Back to the Future" where you can go to Sinnoh and back to Hoenn or Kanto. Not only that, but the devs will have to take a significant portion of the story out because you have to go into the Distortion World to fight off giratina as well as Cyrus. I know that the devs do not want legendaries to be encountered in our game play, but if the devs do take this out then it would leave people's heads scratching. Overall, I do not have a good feeling about a Sinnoh implementation. The devs will have to do surgery on the story mode because you encounter a lot of legendaries and the story itself encompasses those legendaries. The blonde hair lady with black clothes talks about the legendaries and it wouldn't feel right not catching them.

Edited by Bestfriends

tell me one thing:
What escapes of the term "MMO" of pokeMMO ????

this is a pokemon online game (MMO) and as such must necessarily have all regions and all generations.
in addition need for constant upgrading with new things implemented

then:
that you are for or against the implementation of a new region, it's just your problem

P.S.
I believe that the work of the staff on how to implement new regions are staff problems and not ours.
5 minutes ago, druido890 said:

tell me one thing:
What escapes of the term "MMO" of pokeMMO ????

this is a pokemon online game (MMO) and as such must necessarily have all regions and all generations.
in addition need for constant upgrading with new things implemented

then:
that you are for or against the implementation of a new region, it's just your problem

P.S.
I believe that the work of the staff on how to implement new regions are staff problems and not ours.

It is our problem because we don't get our features sooner because the majority of the staff's time would be spent on making us regions. As a news reporter for this game, I can tell you from what I know about the staff, they are extremely overworked. I am not a lawyer for the staff lounge, but I greatly thank the developers for their commitment to making the game a better place. Your method is to make the devs work like dogs and not let them get a drink of water. I communicate with staff from time to time and my main analysis is that they are 90% busy. We already have 2 regions and we do not need any more. We already have the Johto starters and pokes, so now the devs could be working on ways to implement the legendaries. 

This is a waste of the developers' time, staff's time, and the community's time. We already have a good portion of the game left to fill in (like the Battle Dome, Pyramid, and the Seviper place). If we keep dumping new regions, then we will lack a lot of after game content because we would be focused on "Unova, Johto, Kalos, etc."

Overall, I feel that we're just fine with the regions we already have.

12 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

E 'Il Nostro Problema Perché non otteniamo Le nostre Caratteristiche Più presto Perché la maggior parte del tempo del Personale sarebbe speso Stato per farci Regioni. Come un giornalista per This Gioco, mi Si Può dire da Quello che quindi A proposito del Personale, Sono Estremamente Sovraccarico di lavoro. Io non sono un avvocato per la sala Personale, ma ho Molto ringraziare Gli sviluppatori per il Loro impegno a rendere Il Gioco Un Posto Migliore. Il Tuo Metodo e Quello di rendere Gli sviluppatori lavorano venire cani e non lontano Loro ottenere un sorso d'acqua. Comunico con il Personale di volta in volta e la mia Analisi principale E che Sono Occupati al 90%. ABBIAMO Già 2 Regioni e Non abbiamo bisogno di Più. ABBIAMO Già Gli antipasti Johto e poke, Così ora Gli sviluppatori possono Lavorare su modi per implementare i leggendari. 

This e Una Perdita di tempo degli sviluppatori, il Tempo del Personale, e il Tempo della Comunità. ABBIAMO Già Una buona parte del Gioco a Sinistra per completare (venire la Battaglia Duomo, Piramide, e Il Posto Seviper). Se continuiamo scarico Nuove Regioni, Allora avremo la mancanza di un sacco di contenuti di Gioco DOPO Perché saremmo Concentrati Silla "Unima, Johto, Kalos, etc."

Nel Complesso, credo Che siamo Più che bene con le Regioni Che Già ABBIAMO.

assolutamente no! Io non voglio essere insensibile e ringrazio anche il personale. pensi che le persone che amano fare la storia? a nessuno importa quello che dici, molte persone vogliono la nuova generazione. per non parlare che questo non è nemmeno una versione beta del progetto di pokemmo. PS Vi ricordo che abbiamo ancora "donare" il denaro costantemente per questo progetto e quindi ci chiedono di essere ascoltati e ospitati (per quanto possibile)

now have two years to hoenn is already here
I will always remember that there are other servers that contain more regions and later generations.
implement a new region and a new generation is in our interest and staff to compete with the competition

I tell you frankly:

most of the community wants the new region and the new generation and this staff knows it well! so this discussion is almost useless

Edited by druido890
6 minutes ago, druido890 said:

assolutamente no! Io non voglio essere insensibile e ringrazio anche il personale. pensi che le persone che amano fare la storia? a nessuno importa quello che dici, molte persone vogliono la nuova generazione. per non parlare che questo non è nemmeno una versione beta del progetto di pokemmo. PS Vi ricordo che abbiamo ancora "donare" il denaro costantemente per questo progetto e quindi ci chiedono di essere ascoltati e ospitati (per quanto possibile)

I will always remember that there are other servers that contain more regions and later generations.
implement a new region and a new generation is in our interest and staff to compete with the competition

So, here's the thing about Johto: It kinda sucks, in terms of content. The content you're proposing, anyway. 8 badges and an Elite 4 is not much in the grand scheme of things, and it amuses most people for 2-3 days tops. Storyline runs are never particularly challenging, you already have all the species of Johto thanks to the Sevii Islands (except Starters), and it wouldn't facilitate any interesting secondary gameplay types like Contests (unless you count Apricorns but I sure as hell don't).

In terms of effort:reward, there's a far higher return on challenging, repeatable, end-game content for us and you. Keeping people engaged, and transitioning between "Complete the storyline, Build their team, Beat the hard stuff" is my focus for the foreseeable future.

So, no, we're not going to spend 6 months creating a bastardized region to give out new Starters. And no, Hoenn won't be our last region either. But for now we're building on what we have, instead of trying to make PokeMMO "as wide as an ocean, and as deep as a puddle".

Kyu's own words, read em. 

4 minutes ago, druido890 said:

absolutely not! I do not want to be insensitive and I also thank the staff. you think people who like to do the story? nobody cares what you say, many people want the new generation. not to mention that this is not even a beta of pokemmo project. P.S. I would remind you that we still "donate" money constantly for this project and therefore we demand to be heard and accommodated (to the extent possible)

You can have a group donate money to PokeMMO and then that group wants blood and guts all over, would the development team still do it? Donating to PokeMMO is a nice gesture of appreciation, but it does not mean you have total control over the development team. I donate to PokeMMO too and I don't want Sinnoh because I would feel like I am in a "Back to the Future" movie. Time Travelling is cool, but this does not really warrant a time travel. I think we are just fine in our 2d world.

7 minutes ago, druido890 said:

You know how many newer players tell me that they love the fact that PokeMMO is reliving a childhood? PokeMMO can be the GBA generation with a cool twist. I feel that PokeMMO needs to take some time and complete things that are not implemented yet. Once everything is implemented, then we can start talking about a new region. The devs made sure that at least 80% to 90% of Kanto is implemented before they moved on to Hoenn. Hoenn is only about approximately 60% - 70% complete. Lets focus on one goal first, then we can do the second goal.

1 minute ago, Bestfriends said:

Si può avere un gruppo di donare soldi per PokeMMO e poi quel gruppo vuole sangue e budella in tutto, sarebbe il team di sviluppo ancora farlo? Donare per PokeMMO è un bel gesto di apprezzamento, ma non significa che si ha il controllo totale sul team di sviluppo. I donare a PokeMMO troppo e io non voglio Sinnoh perché mi sento come se fossi in un "Ritorno al futuro" film. Viaggiare Il tempo è freddo, ma questo in realtà non garantisce un viaggio nel tempo. Penso che siamo più che bene nel nostro mondo 2D.

Sai quante più recente giocatori mi dicono che amano il fatto che PokeMMO sta rivivendo una infanzia? PokeMMO può essere la generazione GBA con un tocco fresco. Sento che PokeMMO ha bisogno di prendere un po 'di tempo e le cose complete che non sono ancora implementate. Una volta che tutto è implementato, allora possiamo iniziare a parlare di una nuova regione. Gli sviluppatori fatto in modo che almeno il 80% al 90% di Kanto è implementato prima di trasferirsi a Hoenn. Hoenn è solo circa il 60% - 70% completa. Consente di concentrarsi su un unico obiettivo, poi possiamo fare il secondo gol.

I am always of the opinion that we should take a vote of the entire community

also because PokeMMO is the community

2 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

Hoenn is only about approximately 60% - 70% complete. Lets focus on one goal first, then we can do the second goal.

I feel we have more progress than that by now. We're missing, what, some legends, trick house and a bit of battle frontier? Do point out anything I missed.

1 minute ago, druido890 said:

We can't tell the devs how to do their job, you know. Suggestion box is for giving ideas, not orders.

4 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Sento che abbiamo più progressi di quella ormai. Ci manca, che cosa, alcune leggende, casa trick e un po 'di battaglia di frontiera? Da sottolineare qualcosa che mancava.

Non possiamo dire gli sviluppatori come fare il loro lavoro, lo sai. scatola di suggerimento è di dare idee, non ordini.

we are not giving orders but if many people want the same thing, it seems unfair not to listen

Edited by druido890
1 minute ago, druido890 said:

Sometimes the community can vote for something that they don't realise just how hard the dev team will have to work. My gut is telling me that Sinnoh might be implemented due to the amount of backlash I am getting. Since we are on the topic of Sinnoh, we will have extremely less features now because the devs have to focus on Sinnoh.

2 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

I feel we have more progress than that by now. We're missing, what, some legends, trick house and a bit of battle frontier? Do point out anything I missed.

We can't tell the devs how to do their job, you know. Suggestion box is for giving ideas, not orders.

This guy's resistance is so strong, the developers could just make Sinnoh because of the amount of determination this guy has. I guess we will all have to wait on a lot of things because Sinnoh has to come through...

5 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

This guy's resistance is so strong, the developers could just make Sinnoh because of the amount of determination this guy has. I guess we will all have to wait on a lot of things because Sinnoh has to come through...

Please do not tease me

sinnoh and 4HT generation is fine (since Jhoto as saying kyu is a lot of work for nothing) I say only that pokemmo need a breath of fresh air because this game is getting a little monotonous

Edited by druido890
6 minutes ago, druido890 said:

we are not giving orders but if many people want the same thing, I think ingusto not listen

Did you even read what Kyu said on adding Johto? He said he wants actual endgame content, and not an extra region you can finish in a day. Endgame dungeons and such will add more than Johto or Sinnoh will for postgame. And no, Pokeathlon or Fight Area will provide very little, so don't bring them up.

5 minutes ago, druido890 said:

Please do not teaseme

sinnoh and 4HT generation is fine (since Jhoto as saying kyu is a lot of work for nothing) I say only that pokemmo need a breath of fresh air because this game is getting a little monotonous

I am not trying to tease you, I am saying that because the development team does try to listen to the community, they might make a detour and implement a region because your poll and your drive. I agree with @notmudkip0 that we should have end game content instead of throwing in new regions. Think of a region like a drink, would you rather drink an energy drink that will satisfy you only once you completely drank it or do you want a chocolate milk shake that has most of the components of chocolate. Regions are the same, I feel that we should have a lot more things in Hoenn before we move on to Sinnoh.

Edited by Bestfriends
3 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

Non sto cercando di prendere in giro voi, sto dicendo che, poiché il team di sviluppo non provate ad ascoltare la comunità, si potrebbe fare una deviazione e attuare una regione perché il sondaggio e l'unità. Sono d'accordo con @ notmudkip0  che dovremmo avere contenuti di gioco fine invece di buttare in nuove regioni. Pensate di una regione come una bevanda, vuoi bere piuttosto una bevanda energetica in grado di soddisfare solo una volta voi completamente bevuto o vuoi un frullato di latte al cioccolato che ha la maggior parte dei componenti del cioccolato. Le regioni sono la stessa cosa, sento che dovremmo avere molte più cose in Hoenn prima di passare a Sinnoh.

listen:

The 4HT generation like how to drink chocolate milk? there are new pokemon new moves new skills new shiny and then: new competitive, new moveset and more

you believe this entertains the community enough time?

Edited by druido890
3 minutes ago, druido890 said:

listen:

The 4HT generation like how to drink chocolate milk? there are new pokemon new moves new skills new shiny and then: new competitive, new moveset and more

you believe this entertains the community enough time?

I don't think it would, especially since collecting all Pokemon won't take too long, and again, the main postgame will be mostly PvP. Not everyone is gonna do PvP and anyone not doing it will grow bored of the little PvE we have. Also, even if a new region is added, it will take quite some time before it has everything implemented and working.

Just now, druido890 said:

listen:

The 4HT generation like how to drink chocolate milk? there are new pokemon new moves new skills new shiny and then: new competitive, new moveset and more you believe this entertains the community enough time?

The chances of Sinnoh arriving is slightly higher due to your avocation, but Hoenn is barely even done yet. @notmudkip0 cited some examples of things that need to be worked on...

" actual endgame content, and not an extra region you can finish in a day. Endgame dungeons and such will add more than Johto or Sinnoh will for postgame."

- notmudkip0 (Aimi)

You can't get Region A half done and then move on to Region B. If you want to get things done, you need to hone in and get Region A close to done before moving on to Region B. You have to be methodical about your approaches otherwise the game would not run as well. I remember when Hoenn was implemented, people were complaining about the Battle Frontier not being implemented yet. I feel that certain elements need to be implemented because I don't want the same thing to happen in Sinnoh.

This purgatory meta we're stuck in with half-ass gen 4 mechanics/items is suffering. While I can see where you're coming from about the vanilla storyline of gen 4 not fitting into MMO, and while we probably could go without another region, we most certainly need the rest of the mechanics, moves, and items that come from the gen 4 games.

6 hours ago, Rigamorty said:

Questa meta purgatorio siamo bloccati con la metà-ass gen 4 meccanica / articoli è sofferenza. Mentre posso vedere dove stai venendo da circa la trama di vaniglia del Gen 4 non montaggio in MMO, e mentre noi probabilmente potremmo andare senza un'altra regione, abbiamo certamente bisogno di tutto il resto della meccanica, si muove, e oggetti che provengono dalla Gen 4 giochi.

you do not forget pokemon of 4th gen!

11 hours ago, Rigamorty said:

This purgatory meta we're stuck in with half-ass gen 4 mechanics/items is suffering. While I can see where you're coming from about the vanilla storyline of gen 4 not fitting into MMO, and while we probably could go without another region, we most certainly need the rest of the mechanics, moves, and items that come from the gen 4 games.

I can deal with that.

4 hours ago, druido890 said:

you do not forget pokemon of 4th gen!

I think we are just fine with the pokes we have now. Tentacruel can learn toxic spikes and Scizor can learn X-Scissor.

1 minute ago, Bestfriends said:

Penso che siamo più che bene con i poke che abbiamo ora. Tentacruel può imparare picchi tossici e Scizor può imparare Forbice X.

more pokemon means it has more choice, so many variants and more fun!

you have not bothered to always play with the usual pokemon?

you have not bothered to see always the same pokemon everywhere?

so.... i yes! more ppl like me bothered this situation

26 minutes ago, druido890 said:

more pokemon means it has more choice, so many variants and more fun!

you have not bothered to always play with the usual pokemon?

you have not bothered to see always the same pokemon everywhere?

so.... i yes! more ppl like me bothered this situation

I have a few questions I would like for you to ponder about:

1. How will you throw in Gen 4 pokes and make it feel natural?

2. Will it feel right to still be in a Gen 3 setting while having Gen 4 pokes?

3. What is wrong with the "usual pokemon?" - and I rarely see the same pokemon everywhere, I think you should look into shiny trading

4. What would you rather have, a complete game with all legendaries being obtainable or the implementation of Gen 4 pokemon?

Edited by Bestfriends
29 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

Ho un paio di domande che vorrei per voi a riflettere su:

1. Come pensate di gettare in Gen 4 poke e farlo sentire naturale?

2. Sarà sentire di essere ancora in un ambiente Gen 3, pur avendo Gen 4 poke?

3. Cosa c'è di sbagliato con il "pokemon solito?" - E vedo raramente lo stesso pokemon ovunque, penso che si dovrebbe guardare in commercio lucido

4. Cosa preferiresti avere, un gioco completo con tutti i leggendari essere ottenibile o l'attuazione di Gen 4 pokemon?

1. implemented...easy (with move, ability and item)

2. I do not think that to be here in 3 generation, I think of being in a pokemon world

3.it is monotonous, a good MMO respectfull frequent ugrade and new (which does not happen often here)

4.a full game? Yes! (And we are 80% + of hoenn) the legendary? I'm not interested and I hope I will not be implemented in pvp tournament....so i prefer 4ht gen