Signups for tourneys

Mnemosyne

Question

Dear staff,

Today I was trying to join the NU Shiny Victreebell tourney hosted by BlueJim. I sign uped within a second and Iwas 80/64.

Can't we base the format of the tourney on the amount of players that would like to join? If this would happen, it would mean that everyone signing up could play the tourney. When a tourney gets  64 participants it will be a 64-mans bracket and if it's 65 participants it will automatically be changed to a 128-mans bracket.

I don't know if this is actually possible, but I think it would be great so everyone participating is being able to join.

8 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

I could only see this working if a considerable amount more than 64 people (e.g. 100/64) signed up otherwise the number of byes would be silly, and even then it would be questionable

How does a " bye " matter when you're still gonna play at least 6 rounds, why the ugu would you be against something that have shit tons of pros and 0 cons ?

3 minutes ago, LuisPocho said:

but, what about if 2000+ players sign up?!!! you would have tournament with 10+ rounds... idea totally unviable

there aren't 2000 players in pokemmo, the max signups can be 100~ for NU tier, you can rest assured.

Byes aren't cool yo. Anyway, the host should be given the power to increase the bracket (if it's already not the case)

And if a 128 man bracket is getting full in a 64 man tourney(with one or two byes) then it should be done.