More Administrators and Moderators who speak Spanish

JerichoGamer2

Question

Hello, recently I saw that the idea of a subforum in Spanish had been presented which was rejected. From what I saw, it was implied that the reason they did not do it was that the universal language is English and many more Of people from other countries who are a minority but are in the game would also ask the same thing.
All this seems correct, however, it can not be denied that most people in the game are Latina and speak the Spanish language.

What is my point? Many good Latin players miss great things that are done in the forum, like the PSL7, auctions and other interesting things that if you do not get to see a time the forum will never find them.
Why Latinos do not see the forum? If we are vague, or simply many see it in English and decide not to bother looking at it, the question is, do not leave these people out, is to motivate them to participate.

If I'm not mistaken, the only GM / CM who speaks Spanish is Ruak.
Do you think one is enough for the large number of Spaniards and Latinos?
I'm not complaining about Ruak being clear, he always helped me when I asked him something, even with the TS channel.

Well, my suggestion is to know if they could put more GM / CM who speak Spanish.

Something else, where I discussed the subforum saw many indifference between Latinos and Americans, stop being so closed and stupid, is a game and is for fun, if you want to help is better for the game.

It could also be that when you start to play, you have to wait 1 week to be able to talk on the channel. This could get undue spam from the new players (although it is a separate issue) :P

Thanks.

21 answers to this question

Just now, lFrankiel said:

And now like on all spanish post you will get replies like "jajajaja" or "build a wall" or stupid things like that. They dont  take us seriously in this forum  so dont bother.

I think there are a lot of Latinos who are worthwhile and if they are interested in both the forum and the game .. I would like to look at these people, not the idiots

2 minutes ago, lFrankiel said:

And now like on all spanish post you will get replies like "jajajaja" or "build a wall" or stupid things like that. They dont  take us seriously in this forum  so dont bother.

What do you expect when spanish community is a mess?

10 minutes ago, Flavawhat said:

its not like every English speaking person here is from the USA or Great Britain. we all found or way to the forums anyway, whats the difference?

Well actually to that kind of comment I was referring to, instead of saying that the Spanish community is a disaster, you would have to look at what is not so, since many come with that request with respect and to help those who are worth the sorrow.

sorry fail quote xD

10 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

What do you expect when spanish community is a mess?

Well actually to that kind of comment I was referring to, instead of saying that the Spanish community is a disaster, you would have to look at what is not so, since many come with that request with respect and to help those who are worth the sorrow.

Edited by JerichoGamer2
23 minutes ago, lFrankiel said:

"no u"

-

Anyways, regarding OP

Ill address the part of your post where you note how spanish speaking people is left out of "good" things such PSL and auctions. Ill start by saying that creating a spanish-only forums won't help, since such user-driven things won't likely exist there, unless you create them that is. That being said, nobody is stopping you from adding translations to spanish in all these relevant threads. If the spanish-speaking user base finds out that they will likely find a spanish translation around here then they will likely stick around. 

Now you may be wondering "who will be translating all that lol?" Well, thats hard work but if you are interested I'm sure there will be more than one volunteer helping. Try creating solutions instead of asking for staff divine intervention.

8 minutes ago, Vanozz said:

Ey dude, i see on every post and u barely comment something helpful, commenting trash comments instead of helping , now u are saying that the spanish community is a mess, seriously?

I'd say a community full of spam, ALL CAPS, perverts, traders in ch, and people who will lowball offer on any shit you dare link in chat messy. Pretty annoying when they hop onto EN, speak spanish and refuse to leave or speak english as well. Hell, ES is pretty much another trade chat, they'll jump at pretty much anything, seemingly.

13 hours ago, lFrankiel said:

See jericho? There is no point on doing this. Only Zekhar and axx replies were relevant... And yes notmudKID , only ES community do that ... right? there is 0 spam on EN or any other ch.

Did I say it was only ES? No. EN has it too and probably all other chats. Thing is, ES is a bigger mess considering it isn't moderated as much.

17 hours ago, JerichoGamer2 said:

Well, my suggestion is to know if they could put more GM / CM who speak Spanish.

Issue with this is finding qualified members that have a clear understanding for both english and spanish, having one that only spoke spanish would cause communication issues among staff. Online translators are not very reliable so said staff member could not just use one.

P.S. Stop acting like ES members are not problematic. The "jajaja" mocking, etc. happen for a reason...

With the ever increasing playerbase, I feel they should rethink their decision of having a small and compact mod team.

I don't really know what the situation is ingame currently, but even back in the day the Spanish community was huge and unmoderated. This is probably the prime reason why they have got a bad name for themselves. 

I don't think 2 guys (even 3)can moderate over 1000 chats.

Same goes for other communities, like French, German, Portuguese(eu?), Brazilian etc etc.

I know you guys have trust issues(which is justified) but then again you don't trust your CMs anyway to give them power to mute. Why not have like 20-30 CMs to decrease the workload of your mods.

Forums is a different issue. Like only 10-20% people (English speakers included) get on the forums so it's manageable.

We have literally the entire forum for English speakers and even then low number of (English)players ever bother to make a forum account. So saying that the Spanish aren't on the forums because of forums not being in their language is a poor argument.

Like I said before in the other thread, ypu can't just add staff members just for the sake of them being able to speak Spanish. There are more qualities they are required to have and more responsibilities to take than just say "hey dont do that!" In a different language. And they still have to be an example for the members. There also needs to be interest by those people too, if you speak Spanish and English and you want to help moderate that section, by all means and apply, if you're a good addition to the team I'm sure there are ways to work that out. If no one wants to, then what's the use? Besides, if you feel like it's such a chaos and you can understand the language, try to solve it by talking to them? Me and my friends used to fix things among English speakers that were spamming all the time back in the day that our only communication was through channel chat.

Just to add my personal experience and maybe enlighten a few of you as to why the spanish community isn't well appreciated

I've traded a few shinies and had to deal with lowballs quite consistently, let me just say that the weirdest lowballs were almost always spanish speakers, also the persistency of spanish lowballers is annoying, they just don't let go. It's definitely what annoys me the most about the spanish community

I'm not sure that more moderation would help in that regard

Edited by Draekyn

As has been stated before, this has not happened due to a few major reasons.

1. If we do it for one language we have to do it for them all. It's not fair to treat one other language outside of English as special and give them more recognition than the other languages.
  2. We have to be able to find reliable staff who speak that language and English. We have absolutely zero interest in adding anyone to staff with whom we cannot communicate.

Due to the two reasons stated above, this has not happened. Not fulfilling both leads to inconsistent moderation and rifts within the staff team. We have zero interest in doing so. For those reasons this has not happened. Whether or not this happens in the future is a subject for discussion among the upper staff members.