Changes to Crafting Feature.

KaynineXL

Question

I think there is no point at all in crafting for berry powder because it's always going to be more efficient to farm something like leppa berries which are at a steady price and most importantly sell fast in bulk. I think leppa's are fine how they are but it makes doing anything else, specifically crushing for berry powder(to make PP max) a complete waste of time because you can make so much more money from selling lappa's then simply buying the final product(PP max) from GTL.

In my opinion, you need to change some numbers to allow other farming methods to compete with leppa berries, although I'm being more specific to the crafting feature.

Crushing berries only provides you with 1 berry powder for berries that only require 3/4 seeds to plant, 3 berry powders for berries that require 5 seeds to plant and lastly 5 berry powders for berries which require 6 seeds to plant. I think all these numbers need to be increased if we want to see the crafting feature be used, which it desperately does because PP ups/maxes are just as bad as when crafting wasn't here.

In the spoiler below are the numbers to everything, but here are the most important bits:

1 farming trip for Leppa's = roughly 337k profit (takes 22 hours, and of course, requires more desired berries so the profit would drop by quite a lot as you'd need to farm those seeds)

1 farming trip for PP max = 102k profit (takes 16 hours + buying white herbs included)

Spoiler

Currently, doing 1 farming trip of leppa's will get you around 220-230(per account). Leppa's are easily sold at 1.5k each, so let's say 225 x 1.5k = 337k profit roughly. 

When crushing berries, it's probably best to use plain spicy berries since they have little to no value as they are mass farmed by leppa berry farmers and really don't have much use. There are 33 farming plots and you yield roughly 5 cheri berries(from 3 plain spicy seeds) from each plot which means you'll get roughly 165 cheri berries which you can crush into 165 berry powders.

165 Berry Powder which pretty much only costs time. 120 for x2 PP UPs, 100 for x1 PP max.

White Herb's are 200 BP each which translates roughly into 3k yen each if 10k BP = 150k. You'll need 2 for a PP UP.

40 Berry Powder + 2 White Herb = PP UP

2 PP UPs + 2 White Herb + 20 Berry Powder = PP Max

PP Max are 68k(in GTL right now), you can make roughly 1.5 PP max with 1 trip of cheri berries so 102k yen profit.

Oh, and I don't think increasing berry powder yield will result in PP up/max price going down too much if at all(resulting in the same profit). I remember when farming was first introduced and I was one of the first to jump on the leppa berry farming bandwagon and before all the nerfs to leppas(when they didn't require very spicy seeds, and I think the yield got decreased and the growth time got increased) the price was actually very similar to what it is today, and back then they were selling in bulk just as much as today.

TL/DR Increase berry powder yield from berries because it's extremely far behind leppas profit p/h which means it's pretty useless feature.

Edited by KaynineXL

15 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Crazyhell said:

farm sitrus berry for te berry powder , 1 sitrus ( 32h ) = 5 powder

buy pp up from gtl and craft pp max 

That requires x3 very seeds, the requirements are too high for the 5 powder you get when in comparison to spicy seeds which are free since there are so many leppa berry farmers who have stacks of them with no use. I feel like you'd profit more on the latter.

4 hours ago, sherdoonach said:

unless you are a comp player and need 4 pp maxs per comp.

didn't think of that

25 minutes ago, Lazaro23 said:

I always wondered why PP max isn't available for sale with BP, it's not like it's some kind of special item that requires a special method to get, it's just a damn pp max that will raise pps on 1 move.

Because the crafting system would be useless if they did that...

but it's useless regardless lol, unless they increase the berry powder yield.

45 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

That requires x3 very seeds, the requirements are too high for the 5 powder you get when in comparison to spicy seeds which are free since there are so many leppa berry farmers who have stacks of them with no use. I feel like you'd profit more on the latter.

if u farm leppa u have 2 very seed ( bitter and sweet ) just farm very sour 

i farm  leppa and i have like 500 very bitter and 500 very sweet 

2 minutes ago, Crazyhell said:

if u farm leppa u have 2 very seed ( bitter and sweet ) just farm very sour 

i farm  leppa and i have like 500 very bitter and 500 very sweet 

Lol, for yourself it wouldn't be a bad idea, but you've took the time to get that many very seeds. Others would need to invest that amount of time to get those seeds(time costs money).

On the other hand, you of all people should know plain spicy seeds are very easy to get, very cheap and we could probably get them for free from friends.

On 20/01/2017 at 1:26 AM, FuzzyRegirock said:

Or just get rid of crafting all together

I dont have an opinion either way on this but I have a question to ask that popped into mind when seeing your post. How would you suggest to implement PP Maxes and PP Ups in the game? 

In other games if there are quests or something, you get various items at the end of it as prizes for completing it. Maybe there can be a system like this every time you beat the Pokémon league or win a contest you have a 1/x chance of getting a pp max or pp up alongside lesser items

Bravo K9, you're going to crush berries that are worth more uncrushed than crushed, all the tier 1 berries, 3 seed berries or however you want to call them sell for atleast 1k on gtl, which would rougly be 165k using your numbers. Saving you the time of converting them to pp up/max.

Besides, you're also forgetting the oppertunity cost, and the costs of seeds for the 5 berry powder berries, as plain sweet are negligible.

PP maxes are ~70k currently

needs 2 pp ups ~45-50k

2 white herbs (250 bp) ~10k

and 20 berry powder can be 10-15k at most

meaning berry powder cant cost more than 750 ea in the most ideal circumstance in this example.

At the moment of writing this, berry powder is around 500 ea. which makes it barely worth it with the price of the individual items.

Conclusion: crafting is shit :D

ps: other items made by crafting are even worse.