Ban Bellydrum

58 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

we just need team preview.

not just for belly, but for those poops who make blind af predictions without even seeing your team first

I have to double post cuz on phone

Making blind predictions is not necessarily bad

I remember a situation in TT where I fought Zeb. I saw him using Scizor to wall my Nidoking. What defensive core would you see most often? Altaria and Scizor. I ice beamed his Scizor, was it a blind predict or knowledge about metagame and common defensive cores in the tier? And about Zebs ghaey style of running 5 walls + Manectric or 4 walls + Manectric + Armaldo (yes Zeb you and your teambuilds are predictable as fuk)?

There is also an option we cannot exclude, namely, Zeb is bad. Not as much as Tranz but still

Team preview was added in gen5 I belieb, if someone better informed than me could post the reasons Id be glad.

Now a tiny bit more seriously about belly drum. I do not want to discuss the move itself, but pokes which actually use it. Linoone has what, 3% usage? Zard 10? How many of these Zards actually run belly drum? Wouldnt everyone run it if it would be OP (see: Chansey)? Its a super risky move, pokes which use it are stopped by plethora of common other pokes. I also wanna chew my laptops and smash them against the wall when I get counterteamed but shit happens.

@RysPicz yes that's still a blind prediction regardless, it only stops being blind after your opponent reveals his team

and I was pointing out more to double switching a hidden magnemite/diglett vs a predicted incoming hidden scizor/raichu, team preview would stop that and force people to make actually good predicts

but w/e, it's off topic and I don't even care that much

11 hours ago, Lazaro23 said:

If you think belly drum is broken and should be banned, try using it in battle and see if you can win.
You will probably lose to many things, dusclops, skarmory, quick attack, fake out, mach punch, extremespeed, spikes, roar/whirlwind, or maybe you won't even get the chance to set it up.

^I agree with this.

also zard doesn't like haze Milotic one bit.

additionally... Your seeing the drum sweep and assuming it's noncompetitve but your not looking at the whole picture... Team building, proper scouting and predictions... 

At the end of the day your losing to players that out played you vs. A broken mechanic.

@Doublej

When running calcs on drum zard you need to adjust the hp... Irc blaze +6 fire punch ohko flygon... If not it's super close so rapid spin that flygon first for gohko 

Edited by Murcielago
  • Mike locked this topic