Analysis/Tutorial Videos

bl0nde

I have been making tutorials for people in my other game for about a week. I get a lot ....( A LOT)... of positive feedback. I was thinking that we could have some sort of organized tutorial thread(s) somewhere here too. Similar to how BestFriends likes to do news videos, I thought some persons who have been around awhile or knows a lot about pokemon might enjoy doing tutorials.

It's pretty simple to do. I use a free program called ShareX to record my screen. Then I just make little slides in paint on what I want to teach. Then you can do demonstrations in game if you want. It took me about 20 minutes to type out my slides and record a pretty detailed 8-9 minute video. It's pretty easy.

We all realize that having unknown pokemon movesets and tactics is an advantage, but I still thought there could be tactics overviews and pokemon overviews of some sort with the purpose of helping others learn and sharing ideas.

For example: show your team's basic idea and just explain each pokemon's general purpose. You don't have to show your moves.

For example: show one of your old pokemon and explain why it was good.

For example: You can be creative and make your own video ideas instead of just looking to me.

Since I started doing this I realized some people play totally different than I do (in mindset, thought processes, etc.) and it's become more and more apparent that discussing tactics and ideas has really opened people's minds up. There's a lot less "Hey you hacking fag0toad face" and more of "hey, that's cool. What kind of loadout you got?" The newer guys are also getting a ton of help from the videos and they learn fast with good help. 

So here is an example video I made yesterday I think. It's just in game demonstrations plus slides I made in paint.

I am not elite enough in this community to instruct everyone how to play, but I thought collectively the community may be able to make a nice video tutorial section for each other and new players. I could get us a tutorial section started in the guide tavern if others would be interested. Let me know if you think it would be cool or if it's stupid.

Edit: Stuck some slides together to give an idea of videos:

Edited by bl0nde