[PSL 7] Administration Thread

Trade Announcement:

• A mystery manager will receive "xxx" 
  • Another mystery manager will receive "xxx" + "xxx" + 2k credits

The names will be released at the end of this week when all involved players have completed their matches. Suspense HYPE. 

@Munya, you may close this thread. Thank you. 

=)

Edited by DoubleJ
  • Munya locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Munya unlocked this topic
  • Munya locked this topic

Midseason Auction Announcement:

• The midseason auction thread will be opened tomorrow around 5pm PST. Once the thread is open, managers may begin bidding. 

Free Agency:

• Free agency will end in approximately 3.5 hours. Any existing bids will be accepting and the players will be added to their new team. 

Midseason HYPE:

• You might see a few tournaments pop up during the midseason week... get your hype on. 

Trade Announcements:

1. @gbwead receives @wiriketchup (18500)
  2. @SpartacusGD receives @kriger (10000) + @kemaric (2500) + 2000 credits

1. @LionKIng receives @Spaintakula (8500) + @pokypoku (3000) + 8000 credits
  2. @DaftCoolio receives @Gunthug (19500)

1. @SpartacusGD receives @Havsha (6000) + @jayfeatskydd (3000)
  2. @giantpipe receives 10000 credits

1. @EricTheGreat receives @xSparkie (7500) + @DarylDixon (2500) + 14500 credits
  2. @LionKIng receives @raaidn (19500) + @RLotus (1000)

Announcement:

• Free agency has ended and managers will no longer be able to purchase players from that list
  • The midseason auction has started and the PSL will be in an "intermission" for this next week. Competitive play will continue on 2/26 at 5pm PST. 
  • At the end of this midseason week, managers will no longer earn credits as this system will come to an end. 

Activity:

• @znk26 (YUBELL) has been awarded the activity win against the Spartan Warriors in NU1. The D-O-G decided with a vote that Yub was making a stronger attempt to schedule this match and deserved the win for his effort. There was controversy involving the time that was agreed upon by Yub and Gazelli, including the possibility of an altered post in their private pm, but regardless Gazelli gave little effort to ensure this match was taking place on Sunday when he was available, even when Yub told him he was unavailable on that day. Per the D-O-G vote, Yubell wins. There will be no suspensions because Spart offered a sub, but unfortunately the sub wasn't available until 4am Yub's time and it was just too late. 

@Munya, please lock this thread. Thank you. 

The LYLE or Friends of JJ Power Rankings for Week Four!

• OU: @KingBowser
    • I didn't watch his match, but since he's LYLE this was an easy pick. KingBowser probably 8-0'd his opponent with 5 NU's and a Pichu. 
  • UU: @NikhilR
    • Nik bae was a swoldier this week and took the L like a fucking champ. I've never seen a player more dominant in his loss and thus Nik certainly deserved this award. 
  • NU: @znk26
    • Yub Yub is bae and I gave him an activity win cuz he's bae. Join LYLE and you can be on this list every week. Ez. 
  • Doubles: @DoubleJ
    • Please, who else did you think would be here. Oh honorable mention to @DoctorPBC
  • DPP: @Foggi
    • I secretly really like this guy and that's why I didn't make him rematch week two when he brought LC's to an OU match. He obvs threw. It doesn't matter if he hated on LYLE for his entire career, the man got spirit. 
  • VGC: Fuck this tier. It's shit. 

@Munya, thank you for the recommendations. You may close this thread now. 

Power Rankings (Weeks 1-4):

• OU: @Crazyhell 4-0
    • There are three undefeated players in OU this season that have played every week in OU, but the top dog award goes to Schuchty. This man went 7-0 last season and until he loses a match, this man will sit atop the throne of best OU. Honorable mention to @camilo7 and @Sashaolin for being 4-0 as well. 
  • UU: @Osuki 4-0
    • Osuki is simply on a tear, breaking through a difficult UU field with ease. Even when he's down, Osuki seems to fight back and still pull out the win. Grats on an amazing first half of the season. 
  • NU:  @Lazaro23 3-1
    • This was a difficult field to choose from, considering there are several 3-1 players, but Lazaaro stepped up this week and took down a previously undefeated SejuaniSupport to close off the first half of the season in the prestigious one loss or less club. Honorable mention to @SejuaniSupport who would have easily pulled in this nomination with a win in week four. 
  • Doubles: @LKrenz 4-0 (8-1)
    • The most dominant player in doubles today, Lkrenz has suffered only one match loss this season (DoubleJ) and finishes the first half undefeated at 4-0. Consider him King. 
  • DPP: @Foggi 4-0
    • The most frustrating player to get drafted season in and season out has went undefeated in the first half of the season. You can't deny he knows a thing about DPP. 
  • VGC: @Rendiz 4-0
    • In a brand new tier, we were unsure who might leap ahead in the rankings, but Rendiz took the bull by the horns and said "this one's mine". With 0 losses under his belt, Rendiz continues to flexxx in a deep tier. 

Match of the Week:

• NU1: @BurntZebra vs @Frag
    • In what was thought to be an easy win for Frags, Zebra proved why he used to be considered one of the best in the game. A high volume tournament player between 2014-2016, Zebra came out and stole a win from the Giant Legends in hopes that his team could snatch a victory. Unfortunately, the Kakuna Matatas still fell short, but Zebra's heroics will never be forgotten. 

@Munya, you may close this thread. 

Announcement:

• It came to the attention of the D-O-G that Gbwead bid on Zeikooo with the intent of either forcing another manager to pay more than 1k for him, purposefully bench him and to exclude him from any team discussion, and/or release him with hopes that he would not be able to play in the PSL this season as free agency has closed. While the first reason for bidding on Zeikooo is not against the rules, the latter two are unethical and not allowed. Considering this, @zko26 will be added back to the PSL midseason auction and Gbwead will not receive a refund for the 1k credits he spent. 

• @gbwead, the D-O-G expects not to see similar kind of behavior from you that is against the ethics of the PSL. Consider this a verbal warning. If you have any questions please contact @OrangeManiac, @Gunthug, and myself via PM. 

• This action was taken to protect Zeikooo as a player. While he may have previously violated the PSL rules, he did endure his one season ban punishment without question and is free to play the PSL once again. 

1 minute ago, gbwead said:

Anyways, there was pretty much no risk involved with me bidding on Zeikooo, so I don't think there is anything wrong about that. I did not bid on him with the intention of excluding him of PSL. I was just trying to get people to put their credits on him. However, now that I have Zeikooo and I can't use him, the ideal scenario for me would be to release him if that means he doesn't return in the mid auction. If that is not allowed, I'll keep him, but he will be excluded from my team pm regardless.

@Munya, you may lock this thread. 

Announcement:

• @Foggi enabled mod chat during his duel with @Rue21 (Btooom!) today and whilst he did lose the match in the end, he was disqualified at the time he activated mod chat the first time and prevented spectators from commenting on the match with one another. 
  • @giantpipe, if Foggi continues to behave in this manner, further action may need to be taken. Please let your player know that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated. 

• Rache unlocked this topic

Announcement:

• This past week, and last, was absolutely embarrassing when it came down to players scheduling their matches. I was added to so many late week messages that my head spun. I saw so many late week "they aren't responding in game" posts that I almost threw up. I honestly don't know where this attitude of "I'll just wait for them to pm me" came from, but it's not helping the PSL and subs are being thrown around when they don't have to. With that in mind, I will be implementing the following rules, which are basically rules from prior PSL's that I felt could be neglected since I have such a strong punishment for activity losses. These rules might also help clear up any subjectivity when it comes to making activity decisions as well.
  • Rules (Rescinded, see below):
    • Spoiler

• Players will need to contact their opponent by forum PM to schedule their match as soon as possible
      • If their opponent's inbox is full, then contact that player by posting on their profile feed
      • When you contact your opponent, present three (3) different times that you are available throughout the week, preferably on different days
      • If your opponent is unable to compete at any of those times, they will then present you with three (3) new times
      • If you cannot make those times, the player who did not start the PM will need to be substituted out of the line-up, otherwise they will lose by activity decision
      • Additionally, if your opponent fails to respond within 48 hours they will need to be substituted from the line-up, otherwise they will lose by activity
      • If a substitution is made, the player who made the original PM will need to present their new opponent with times to play. Should the new opponent be unable to compete at those times, the match will end in a no contest
      • If two players fail to meet the above rules and do not duel, or simply do not contact one another throughout the week, their match will end in a no contest

• Are these rules silly? Yes, but we need to get our matches completed. It's unacceptable for players to be forced to wait until the weekend before a player responds, even when a PM was started with them on Monday. 
  • It should be obvious, but being the first one to start the PM with your opponent holds a significant advantage. Don't be lazy. 
  • Managers, you will need to notify all of your players of the above rule changes to ensure we get our matches completed appropriately. 

Announcement:

• Trades are no longer allowed, as it is the end of Week 5
  • If a manager wants to release a player from this point forward, they will need to submit a formal request with reasoning to the D-O-G by forum PM

Trade Announcement:

@RacheLucario, please lock this thread. Thank you. 

Edited by DoubleJ
  • Rache locked this topic

Power Rankings (Week 1-5):

• OU: @camilo7 (enchanteur)
    • The last remaining undefeated OU player who has played all five weeks in OU is the one and only enchanteur who just recently defeated another undefeated player in Kriliin. Time to flex young man!
  • UU: @Guerinf
    • Having been unjustly left off the list as Best of UU last week due to a stat error, Guerinf proved why he should have been #1 over Osuki in the first place by slapping the Golden Frenchman in a head-to-head of this season's best. 
  • NU: @Lazaro23 (Lazaaro)
    • The man didn't lose and thus the man stays on top. 
  • Doubles: @LKrenz
    • Our resident Doubles God took down Frags in three matches to prove why he is still number one at this tier.
  • DPP: @XPLOZ
    • Considering Foggi got himself dq'd (still lost the match in the end), XPLOZ was given an opportunity to slide into the numbero uno position, which he did easily by defeating Kimikozen in a tight one. 
  • VGC: @OldKeith
    • Rendiz might be 4-0, but he missed a decisive opportunity to take down his toughest competition when he slid into Doubles. OldKeith picked up the mantle after defeating Eggplant in a convincing manner to finish Week 5 with a record of 4-1. 

Match of the Week: @DoubleJ vs @DoctorPBC (Doubles)

• Gonna toot my own horn here and make Doc a bit more salty, cuz wynaut? Doc had the confidence, the recent official win, and the better record, but he fell in just two matches. The replay can be found in the Week 5 thread thanks to Eggplant. 

@Munya, you may lock this thread. Thank you. 

Player Release:

Announcement:

• It was discussed with Gunthug, OrangeManiac, and several managers that the new player contact rules were a bit too harsh and could potentially be abused. To avoid this, the following changes will be made:
    • Players will need to contact their opponent by forum PM to schedule their match as soon as possible
    • If their opponent's inbox is full, then contact that player by posting on their profile feed
    • When you contact your opponent, present at least three (3) different times that you are available throughout the week, preferably on different days
    • Additionally, if your opponent fails to respond within 48 hours they will need to be substituted from the line-up, otherwise they will lose by activity
    • If a substitution is made, it will be as if a new week has started and the players will need to contact one another as outlined above
    • If you are unable to duel, please request a substitution from your manager
    • If you believe your opponent cannot duel or has ignored your PM, please add the host and the related managers to discuss the best outcome
  • The goal is to get matches done within the week. Please do not purposefully ignore your opponent or attempt to dodge your match.

Week 6 Announcements:

• @Crazyhell vs @Maekaaay
    • Activity win awarded to Maekaaay
    • Lions made a last minute substitution, but Maekaaay was unable to duel on Sunday and thus this was made in vain
    • No suspensions will be handed down because of the sub
  • @Mlhawk vs @FABBRO
    • Activity win awarded to Mlhawk
    • FABBROoo missed their agreed upon duel on Friday and has not responded in their private PM since
    • Considering no sub was offered and the match was not completed, FABBROoo will be suspended for Week 7 
  • @Zigh vs @Viking (Lordofangmar)
    • Activity win awarded to Zigh
    • Zigh started the PM and provided dates/times for their duel on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. LoA agreed to play some time on Friday, but failed to show. He responded early Saturday morning stating that he could play later Saturday or Sunday. Zigh again waited all of Saturday and LoA did not show. On Sunday, LoA came online and made a strong effort, but Zigh's family took him on an unexpected skiing trip and he was unavailable. Zigh said then that he could possibly make a last minute match, but it would be late. LoA agreed it would be too late and the match did not occur.
    • Lordofangmar will not be suspended for Week 7 considering he made a strong effort to play on Sunday. I would recommend more communication on his part in the future regarding scheduling matches, especially if he suddenly becomes busy. 
  • @Sebat vs @Havsha
    • No contest
    • Sebat was originally supposed to duel yangsam in UU2 and they had a time scheduled, but unfortunately Havsha's prior opponent Predakiller was unable to play this week and a last minute sub was offered. Considering the rule that no player with fewer wins in a tier can play the higher ranked tier spot, Sebat was moved to UU1 against Havsha, while the sub, xSparkie, was placed in UU2. From the private pm's it appears Havsha made a very strong effort to schedule this match, but unfortunately Sebat was unaware his match was even changed and didn't respond for several hours until he was scheduled time to duel yangsam. At that point, Havsha had to admit he was too busy in real life to complete the match on Sunday and wished that Sebat had shown sooner. Sebat explained he didn't know the match was changed. They both agreed that Havsha's studies came first, but that they would try to get the match done. Considering the match was not completed, this will end in a no contest. 
  • @xSparkie vs @yangsam
    • Activity win awarded to yangsam
    • As stated above, xSparkie was subbed in for Predakiller and then moved to UU2 because rules. At that time, yangsam had already scheduled to duel Sebat. xSparkie attempted to contact yangsam at that time, but failed to use the appropriate means of doing so. When yang's forum inbox was full, he sent an in-game mail rather than posting on his timeline as stated in the rules. Yangsam, having not logged in game, was not aware and waited for a PM to be sent by xSparkie. Having not received a pm, yang eventually sent his own message to sparkie 3 hours before his scheduled match with Sebat. Yang waited for a response until about 1am his time, and then he went to sleep. Sparkie responded approximately 7 hours later and asked yang if they could duel, noting that he was busy working on a school project all night and didn't wake up until 5pm GMT. Yang explained he was headed to work and that he didn't have the time to fight. Sparkie expressed his understanding.
    • This is a similar situation as was seen in Week 4, where Yubell attempted to contact his substituted opponent and the match was not completed because Yub was unavailable on Sunday. Considering this precedent, I cannot discredit the effort that yangsam made to schedule this match and thus he will be awarded an activity win. The right thing would have been for SpartacusGD to offer a sub in place of yang, but that did not happen, much like Coolio did not offer a sub to fight Kaerodactyl when Yub was unable to play Sunday in Week 4. 

This was an extremely difficult few decisions to make and I understand there are flaws riddled throughout, especially with the last two. Although, I have to stick by the rules I established this season, and last, and cannot award an extension. It was expressed in the private manager thread that awarding an extension would show bias considering I have declined extensions for other players. 

I want to personally thank @EricTheGreat for his work as a manager, recognizing that his player needed a sub and offering one. He even made the effort to ensure the sub was made appropriately by showing that there needed to be a switch in the line-up due to player wins. Despite his strong effort and good managerial skills, he was awarded with a loss and that really sucks. Sorry Eric, if only xSparkie posted on yang's profile rather than mailing in game. 

@Munya, thank you. This thread may be locked now. 

Activity Announcements:

• @Mlhawk will be awarded the activity win against @Kanzo, who opted to protect Mlhawk's team building by not playing Week 7 since the match no longer mattered for standings. 
  • @EpicVerde will be awarded the activity win against @DestructX who failed to show up on their scheduled times, per what was written on DestructX's profile. 
    • OrangeManiac and Gunthug requested that I not suspend anyone for the first week of the playoffs based on activity losses. Considering this, DestructX will be active for his first match of the playoffs
  • @kevola vs @dastan (Gypss) will end in a no contest. Both players were unable to agree upon a time to duel this week and were mutually in agreement about this decision. 

Playoffs:

• Bracket: http://challonge.com/psl7playoffs
  • VALE and the Giant Legends have earned a bye this week
  • The remaining four teams will duel as scheduled and the thread will be released later tonight. I have given some time past the deadline for the managers to determine their line-ups since their opponents were just revealed. 

Award Winners:

• I will be nominating the "Best of" award winners later tonight and the managers will then vote upon my nominations. @Draekyn has graciously agreed to once again make those nifty little sigs for these awards. 
  • The captains have also voted on the "Best Manager of the Season" winner, and I will be announcing that once Draekyn finishes the signature. 
  • Prizes will be handed out when the announcements are made. 

General:

• It was one hell of a season and I'm glad I was able to do it for a second time. Moving forward though, I will not be participating as host for PSL 8. Once the season is over, I will open a thread to discuss a possible replacement and what responsibilities the host will have. 
  • Congrats to our playoff teams! It's an epic road to the Champion of PSL 7, but alas we are a mere 3 weeks from the end. 
  • Also, a huge thank you to @Torinnnnn and @LionKIng for stepping up as managers this season. Your seasons sucked, but you both did a half way decent job in my book. We look forward to your participation in the future. 

@Munya, thank you. This thread may be locked. 

Announcement:

• Approximately one week ago, @OrangeManiac made the decision to exclude himself from his team and the small council, and effectively quit the PSL just prior to the playoffs. He abandoned his teammates and gave a metaphorical "F-U" to his manager. Orange is no stranger to the drama associated with the PSL, as he has been a past player, manager, small council member, and host. He explained it quite clearly in a post that he has grown tired of what the PSL has slowly become: an arena for managers to exploit the host, the rules, and their opponents, rather than to feature premium duels with top tier players in a unique format. His personal reasons appeared to stem from his disagreement with his manager,  whom has been the prime perpetrator to the aforementioned. Orange recognized that his manager was pushing the boundaries and exploiting every opportunity for his and his team's gain. Is this how the PSL should be played? Orange didn't think so, and thus he took matters into his own hands. He took a shot at his manager in the only way possible, which was to quit his team. He knew that firing a manager was unprecedented, and considering the delicate nature of this season he knew it might very well destroy the PSL. With that in mind, rather than pushing for his manager to be removed as manager for "excessively inappropriate behavior" he found another option. Now as the current host, it is my responsibility to "punish" players and managers for inappropriate behavior. While I agree with OrangeManiac that he shouldn't have to play for a manager he genuinely disagrees with, this actually is against the rules that I have established. When players sign up for the PSL, they agree to play for whichever manager they are selected by. Quitting is poor sportsmanship and his manager has requested several times that Orange be banned next season because of his actions.
    • Considering this, I will be slapping OrangeManiac on the wrists for his shameful behavior and force him to wear an orange dunce cap from now on.
  • Reminder, if I am not the host of PSL8, I cannot force the new host to follow my rules or enforce my decisions this season or last. He or she may do as they wish and steer the PSL in whatever direction they see fit. I though, have recognized that I cannot govern the PSL with an iron fist and must let players and managers speak for themselves. Have there been some shitty decisions this season and last? Yes. Will there be shitty decisions in the future? Of course. This is an unofficial, player ran event. It isn't perfect, much like most official, staff run events aren't either. Orange has spoken with me personally and has stated he will not be participating in future PSL seasons, but so long as I'm the host he will be welcome to do so. While I do sympathize with his teammates this season, I also recognize that Orange has given a lot to this community and his contributions outweigh his most recent actions in my opinion. Call me biased, but this is what I have decided. Moving forward, anyone involved in the PSL can and will be banned for inappropriate behavior if the host sees fit. In this instance though, Orange has been pardoned. 

• It has also come to my attention that @Foggi became too busy to continue playing for the Giant Legends in the playoffs and asked to be excluded in the final rounds. While Nik, a member of the Giant Legends, stated that Foggi "quit" in a public thread, there was actually more to it than that. The Giant Legends are not pushing for Foggi to be banned and thus there is no reason for me to enforce any action. He will remain on the roster and will be used as Giantpipe sees fit. 

@Munya, you may close this thread.