[PSL 7] Administration Thread

What is this?

This thread is dedicated to any important announcements that the host or his small council need to make. This would include trades, free agent signings, special announcements, and bans. This thread will remain locked and only the host and the small council can request access to it for a post. Please refrain from making any posts here should you see that it is open. 

PSL Manager Announcement:

1. KaynineXL @KaynineXL
    • After finishing in the top two last season, Kay earned the right to manage once again. Having finished with an undefeated regular season and losing the Championship in a tie breaker, I'm sure this man (or ginger girl) is hungry for the glory. 
  2. TheFireLion @LionKIng
    • A back-to-back PSL Champion, TheFireLion has the resume and managerial chops to make for one hell of an exciting season. He will easily push his team to the limits with his "me-first" persona and overall competitive knowledge. While he did bail on us last season, Gunt, Orange, and I felt we could overlook this blemish to see a former champion back in the ring. 
  3. Gbwead @gbwead
    • Having only one PSL season under his belt and a knack for giving me a headache, it was tough for us to allow Gb in as manager. Although, it was blatantly obvious how committed Gb is to whatever he is involved in. He may also have more competitive knowledge than the rest of the managers, being a part of the tier council and actively spectating (scouting) damn near every tournament known to PokeMMO. After a bit of thought, Gb was an easy selection.
  4. Elcoolio @DaftCoolio
    • I personally felt Coolio had done his time, but Orange and Gunt both advocated strongly for this man. They told me, "JJ, this boy brings the HYPE". So I was like, who am I to deny the HYPE MASTA? Welcome aboard the PSL 7 gains train Coolio. 
  5. SpartacusGD @SpartacusGD
    • Spart narrowly missed the cut-off as manager last season, and while he threw a small hissy fit for not being selected, it was obvious he should get a shot at it this time around. He simply just wants it for all the right reasons and we're all excited to see him put together a team full of what he believes will be dedicated warriors that won't stop fighting until they reach the gold. 
  6. Giantpipe @giantpipe
    • The first manager coming from [AW] was unanimously voted in. This guy has the shit talking skills and swagger to bring a bit of excitement to the game (RIP Kay). He also has a strong connection to the latin community (we hope) and we might just see some fresh faces this PSL because of it. Ambassador Pipe, welcome. 
  7. EricTheGreat @EricTheGreat
    • One of the oldest players left in this game, EricTheGreat is not shy when it comes to trash talk. He also has been involved in the PSL for some time and is more than willing this season to make a big splash as manager. He's also started a small rivalry with TheFireLion which made for some nice entertainment. Eric, if you flake out this season and give up, I'm going to slap you. 
  8. Torinnnnn @Torinnnnn
    • This was certainly the hardest decision to make. Torinnnnn was the last player in and we had to figure out what we wanted to see more, whether that was another LYLE player such as LifeStyle competing with Kay for all them superstars, XPLOZ making life hell for Gbwead in the draft, or Torinnnnn and his memes. In the end, Torinnnnnn made the most sense considering he has such a strong connection to so many players in this game and he is just avid about the PSL. He was the second highest donator this season and he is ready. Don't let me down my son. 

Reserves:

1. XPLOZ
  2. LifeStyle

List of Applicants:

Spoiler
  1. KaynineXL - Returning manager, savage as fuck. 
  2. Kizhaz - Ultimately decided not to return. We wish him the best should he decide to enter as a player. 
  3. StriderXD - Even Matt Barnes couldn't save TJ from his history of poor drafting skills. 
  4. Osuki - In the end we found out his application was a joke, RIP Baesuki + Nik. 
  5. BlackJovi - An automatic manager should he not have been forum banned. I'm really disappointed we won't see Jovi this season. 
  6. Giantpipe - jajajaja
  7. EricTheGreat - Beta as fuck. 
  8. TheFireLion - Two-time champ, still just a keyboard warrior though. 
  9. Vorred - If only you were more active, but in the end you were just too dead. 
  10. Moetal - Excitement for sure, but just not qualified to be a manager in our books. 
  11. Gluumac - Had a decent draft, but in the end we felt he was one of the weaker managers we had seen and frequently argued with the host. 
  12. Telf - He had his moment to shine, and then he sucked. RIP Telf and his unlucky coin skills.
  13. Eggplant - Another former manager plaqued by mediocrity. 
  14. Gbwead - Headache master, why not manage?
  15. Torinnnnn - Knows no science torr. Nuff said. 
  16. XPLOZ - Former manager with a decent season, just doesn't have the hype level that we'd like to see. 
  17. Greck - Historically bad. Great guy tho. 
  18. Coolio - Spheal Team Six was forever your best name. 
  19. LifeStyle - LYLE pleb, decent comp player. 
  20. Tryss - Who? Oh it's mike. 
  21. Fred - Former manager plaqued by mediocrity. He probably shouldn't have kept stealing purple for his team color back in the day. 
  22. SpartacusGD - Warrior who wants it. Let's see if he got the game to manage tho. 
  23. DoctorPBC - Pleb who was terrified the managers would suck this season. 

@Munya, you may lock this thread. 

• Munya locked this topic
  • Munya unlocked this topic

Announcement: The PokeMMO Super League Season 7 tiers will be as follows...

1. PokeMMO OU
  2. PokeMMO OU
  3. PokeMMO OU
  4. PokeMMO UU
  5. PokeMMO UU
  6. PokeMMO NU
  7. PokeMMO NU
  8. PokeMMO Doubles
  9. Showdown DPP
  10. Showdown Gen 7 PokeBank OU

The decision to select PokeBank over VGC17 was my own, simply because I feel that PokeBank has so much diversity and excitement to offer in teambuilding. Players are still trying to understand the tier and without Smogon sets to choose from, we might just see some real creativity blossom week in and week out. I will be hosting a Gen 7 PokeBank tournament prior to the start of the season with some prize money to showcase those interested in playing. 

@Munya last time for today, I promise (maybe). 

Announcement: The order of the first two rounds of the draft will be as follows...

1. Giantpipe (via Torinnnnn)
  2. KaynineXL (via TheFireLion)
  3. Elcoolio
  4. SpartacusGD
  5. Torinnnnn (via Giantpipe)
  6. Gbwead
  7. TheFireLion (via KaynineXL)
  8. EricTheGreat
  9. Torinnnnn (via EricTheGreat)
  10. KaynineXL
  11. Gbwead
  12. Giantpipe
  13. SpartacusGD
  14. Elcoolio
  15. TheFireLion
  16. TheFireLion (via Torinnnnn)

After the first two rounds have been completed, we will commence with the auction. I am currently writing rules to allow for trading draft picks (position) prior to the draft starting. 

Auction Credits:

1. EricTheGreat: 128k
  2. Torinnnnn: 109k
  3. Gbwead: 100k
  4. Elcoolio: 100k
  5. SpartacusGD: 100k
  6. TheFireLion: 90k
  7. KaynineXL: 90k
  8. Giantpipe: 83k
Edited by DoubleJ

Trade Announcement:

1. @giantpipe receives: 1st pick; @Torinnnnn receives: 17k + 5th pick

2. @LionKIng receives: 7th pick + 10k; @KaynineXL receives: 2nd pick

3. @LionKIng receives: 16th pick; @Torinnnnn receives: 20k

The trade order will be adjusted above.

Here is how the trade was presented to me:

1 hour ago, LionKIng said:

trade proposal me torr k9 and pipe talked about

first of all pipe agreed to trade his #5 and 17k to torinn for his #1

me and k9 agreed on trading my #2 and his #7 +10k

and me and torinnn agreed on his #16 for 20k

Im officially agreing to this

@Munya you may close this thread, thank you. 

Announcement: 

• The PSL 7 Live Auction and Draft will be held on TS in the PSL channel at 9am PST on Sunday, January 15th, 2017

Feel free to come and spectate, but just know that if you are not the D-O-G, staff, or a manager, you will have your voice and type capabilities taken from you in order to avoid disrupting the process with any unnecessary commentary or spam. If there is someone willing to record it as @GeneralVenican did last year, we would appreciate it. 

@Munya please lock this thread, thank you. 

Announcement:

• Our managers are concerned about the number of VGC17 sign ups and asked me if they themselves could vote on the last showdown tier. The options are VGC17 and PokeBank OU. A simple majority will win. The results will be posted here when all managers have voiced their opinion and cast their vote. 

@Munya you may close this thread. Thank you. 

Announcement:

• The results of the VGC17 vs PokeBank results are in! A vote of 5 to 3 awards the tier to VGC17
  • VGC17 will be played in a best of three match format

Trade Announcement:

• Torinnnnn receives the 9th pick
  • EricTheGreat receives 28k in credits

Announcement:

• PokeMMO Doubles will be played in a best of three format for all matches, disregarding length of play

PSL Live Auction:

• Reminder this will be held tomorrow at 9am PST on TS

@Munya you may close this thread, thank you. 

Trade Announcement:

Despite this trade being submitted after the deadline, I will be using my executive power to approve this trade and allow all involved players to play for their new teams beginning Week 2. This is because Gb and Torinnnnn are playing one another, and I don't want there to be a conflict of interest with these players playing against their future teams. 

@Munya you may close this thread. 

Week 1 Power Rankings:

• OU: @KingBowser
    • KingBowser dominated his first match of the season against a quality opponent in belieberboy, continuing to exert his dominance over the OU tier. Bow was an easy selection as the Top Dog of OU in Week 1 considering even Frags didn't want to go toe-to-toe with this OG, dropping down into NU for this weekly matchup. 
  • UU: @Osuki
    • Playing a very talented opponent in yangsam and coming out with a swift victory was no easy feat, but Osuki proved why he should be named the best UU player in Week 1. 
  • NU: @Frag
    • The NU tier was a bit void of HYPE matches in Week 1, but Frags come out swinging and took down one of the best the tier has to offer in LifeStyle. He flexed with the Specs Camerupt. 
  • Doubles: @LKrenz
    • Dominating a top tier Doubles player in two matches is not easy, but Lkrenz walked in and smacked Artemiseta en route to a Week 1 victory. Top talent beating top talent will always get the nod. 
  • DPP: @SweeTforU
    • Sweet is one of the tiers' top players and proved once again why that's the case by beating down Btooom! in Week 1. 
  • VGC: @Imabetheverybest1
    • VGC master and one of the top picks in the draft was surprised with a Week 1 loss by none other than imabe, who proved he isn't to be taken lightly in what was once considered a stacked playing field up until Gb robbed us of VGC hype by drafting nearly the entire VGC playerbase.

Credits to @Guerinf for the idea of a weekly power rankings. I'll be presenting these power rankings every week on Monday. No prize, just a bit of bragging rights for the week.

@Munya, you may lock this thread.  

Week 2 Power Rankings:

• OU: @Crazyhell (Schuchty)
    • In what was largely a one-sided match against Raaidn, Schuchty was able to come back like the New England Patriots and upset Raaidn through crafty plays and one fortunate critical hit. This was one exciting match that saw a lot of fun surprises, including a surprising win. 
  • UU: @Kanzo
    • Kanzo is exerting his dominance in a truly impressive way this season in UU and made short work of Predakiller with an ez CM sweep. Watch out for this old timer as he continues to work hard and get wins.
  • NU: @znk26 (YUBELLLLLLLLLLLL)
    • In a tight match against Miguelez, Yubs once again proved why he is arguably the best NU player this season. 
  • Doubles: @Artemiseta
    • In what I felt was the most competitive doubles fight last week, Artemiseta pulled a clutch win against a tough opponent in OrangeManiac.  
  • DPP: @Rue21 (Btooom!)
    • Beating Gunthug is never easy, but Btooom! saved his clutch plays for the very end and outsmarted a very cerebral player. 
  • VGC: @Rendiz
    • I know very little about VGC, but watching the replays from Rendiz' match last week showed that he won in dominating fashion. Here's to more of this potential VGC masta!

@Munya, you may close this thread and delete your post along with any post that is not mine above. 

Week 3 Power Rankings: 

• OU: @Crazyhell (Schuchty)
    • Schuch proved once again why he was the Best OU Player of Season 6 when he easily dispatched Walpayer this past week in a battle for OU1 dominance. He came, he saw, he flexxxed. Will we see another undefeated regular season from Lord Schu?
  • UU: @Kanzo 
    • This man continues to demonstrate that Season 6 was a fluke and that he's once again prepared to dominate the UU tier and possibly make another run at an undefeated season. In a heated battle with yangsam, Kanzo came out on top with his lucrative play and surprising builds. Here's to a good season for the young (or old) lord. 
  • NU: @TheBloo 
    • He bobbed, he weaved, and he eventually gave the knock out blow with his aptly named Raichu. Against a known LYLE hater, Bloo stepped up and showed the community why he was once considered one of the very best this game had ever seen. Here's to hoping TheBloo can continue his success this season. 
  • Doubles: @Frag 
    • The old dog came out on top in what I considered one of the most HYPE matches of the week against DoctorPBJ in a best of three doubles showdown. This match was highlighted by the Spring Fever Doubles Championship finalists and it did not disappoint, well except for the hax that sealed this win. Regardless, this was probably the best match of the week and whomever came out on top deserved this award. 
  • DPP: @Raptori 
    • Faptori came out on top with his Snowstorm + Custap + Endure + FEAR strategy that saw Gunthug fall to his own Sand in the end. In what was probably the most entertaining match of DPP this season, Raptori played Gunthug right into his pocket and sealed the win with a Lvl 2 Clefable that used Endeavor against a DD'ing Dragonite that died the same turn to sandstorm. It was short, but it was certainly sweet.
  • VGC:  @Rendiz
    • One word: Sandcastle. 

@Munya, thank you again. This may be locked.