[LC] Gastly

So basically, why the fuck did TC just ban Gastly without even providing a thread to discuss it?

Don't you want to ban Chinchou too while you're at it? It's basically unwallable too. Might as well add Dratini to the mix, since you just banned the only viable mon in the tier who can come in exspeed and scare Dratini away.

Little Cup shouldn't be even compared any way to the normal singles tiering we have. The most important and almost only important stat in Little Cup is speed. I don't think Gastly was even used so much for its sweeping capabilities and speed (which was already lower than so many viable LC Mons), but the fact it was one of the only Pokemon with the capability to switch in for so many attacks when predicted (Normal, Fight and Ground attacks). Was it too good to be used? Well, possibly because Gastly had double the usage that the next LC Mon had but banning it for "Offensive Ubers" kinda misses what made Gastly so good. I would have rather wanted to see a bit bigger sample size but I guess there are some ways to argue that Gastly was a bit too good to be used.

Details behind the gastly ban are posted here 

Its usage was too high to ignore(50%+) and we felt that its ban is justified. In the future a discussion thread about gastly returning to LC may happen. For now lets see how LC meta will develop without it. Closing this for now.

• Blue locked this topic