[OU Discussion] Chansey

17 hours ago, SpartacusGD said:

I do use chansey but not 100% of the time, like when i play the same person in ranked twice chansey is the 1st poke i will change cause it becomes setup bait for ursaring / haunter and i usually lose if i dont replace chan cause thats usually the weakness my opponent tries to exploit since i run very offensive teams in this meta. And for the record countless times my chansey gets rekt by sp attackers.. 4f's gladiators, some sceptiles when played right, specs typhlosion hurts like shit, specs zams late game,also id suggest to players having trouble with chansey to play growth venu + flygon / swampert core it will be annoying as hell

Brb getting my scept ready

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

What special walls do we have besides chansey, umbreon, pory2,

gardevoir, ludicolo, venusaur and lanturn?

(I also use spwall ninetales, but whatever)

Pls merge, but, do you by any chance use spdefensive rapidash too?

Just now, Robofiend said:

Just curious - why has Trick fallen by the wayside? It allows one to take a proverbial shit on Chansey's head.

I ended up getting tricked specs while I still used chan, most common user was Starmie. Haven't seen it quite was much recently, even while spectating. Don't see it much vs me, either, though might be because I opt for Pory2 now.

Bit off track, but I've had much better times with Pory2 than with Chansey. Isn't passive, Trace is a fun ability, and I can actually beat things Chan can't.

Just now, notmudkip0 said:

I ended up getting tricked specs while I still used chan, most common user was Starmie. Haven't seen it quite was much recently, even while spectating. Don't see it much vs me, either, though might be because I opt for Pory2 now.

Bit off track, but I've had much better times with Pory2 than with Chansey. Isn't passive, Trace is a fun ability, and I can actually beat things Chan can't.

I used to do that too ~a year ago before we go these items. P2 is ok (esp. if it runs Facade) but it just sucks when your opponent runs status stall. 

I honestly thought that once we got LO this problem would vanish because of how scary mixed attackers like Blaziken could become super viable. Pretty much anything with a strong STAB and access to Superpower can hit Chansey, though it requires prediction skills that just sending in your own Chansey does not.

44 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Only seen trick Starmie and Alakazam (and rarely Pory2). Thing is with trick, Chan can still win one on one if she locks into Seismic Toss, unless you have instant recovery or wish/protect.

Not the point, she's crippled to the point where sacking here wouldn't be too bad of a choice. To the point where her utility is more limited and her being a setup bait is just even more dangerous

1 hour ago, Robofiend said:

Just curious - why has Trick fallen by the wayside? It allows one to take a proverbial shit on Chansey's head. As does Trap Gardevoir. LF Psyshock, I guess.

/vanishes into a puff of RIP

You would be surprised to see that Tricked Chansey is anything but dead especially when you don't have something to threat to set up on it. It can still Wish itself against any special attacker and then Wish its teammate, it can proceed to Seismic Toss when at full HP against any "standard" special attacker (4 is pretty much always enough to kill unless leftovers) and it still can Hit'n'run with Thunder Wave. I use Trick in lots of matches against Chansey and when it works I used to get that satisfaction feeling that this blob is useless now but I always end up seeing that I actually need to use effort to beat this fucker still.

2 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

You would be surprised to see that Tricked Chansey is anything but dead especially when you don't have something to threat to set up on it. It can still Wish itself against any special attacker and then Wish its teammate, it can proceed to Seismic Toss when at full HP against any "standard" special attacker (4 is pretty much always enough to kill unless leftovers) and it still can Hit'n'run with Thunder Wave. I use Trick in lots of matches against Chansey and when it works I used to get that satisfaction feeling that this blob is useless now but I always end up seeing that I actually need to use effort to beat this fucker still.

and you end up with a leftovers special attacker that cant set up (unless you run calm mind in a trick user lol)

1 minute ago, LuisPocho said:

and you end up with a leftovers special attacker that cant set up (unless you run calm mind in a trick user lol)

The synergy of CM and Trick on the same team is obvious, though. A popular teambuilding strategy is to pinpoint a weakness in the metagame and then build a team around that weakness (while managing other threats). E.g. Magnetrap and Normal spam. It's also worth pointing out that if Chansey runs Twave/Toxic there are physical mons that can predict that and set up or snipe something for free.

Cm trick alakazam is really good (signal beam and psychic are the only attacks it needs anyway (HP fire is so bad)). Anyway, just use some creativity, there's really a ton of ways to abuse this high chansey usage. I think that everybody want it banned more because it's annoying than the lack of counters. Like, venusaur has far less counters

Edited by Erayne
4 minutes ago, Erayne said:

Cm trick alakazam is really good (signal beam and psychic are the only attacks it needs anyway (HP fire is so bad)). Anyway, just use some creativity, there's really a ton of ways to abuse this high chansey usage. I think that everybody want it banned more because it's annoying than the lack of counters. Like, venusaur has far less counters

How is Hp fire so bad. Need to hit skarm forre and meta. If forre is w/o sturdy ye ez sweep

1 minute ago, xStarr said:

How is Hp fire so bad. Need to hit skarm forre and meta. If forre is w/o sturdy ye ez sweep

Yea but you lose to sceptile and other zams. And it's just another move totally countered by houndoom, while cm really makes you sweep if you've tricked chansey

2 hours ago, Erayne said:

Yea but you lose to sceptile and other zams. And it's just another move totally countered by houndoom, while cm really makes you sweep if you've tricked chansey

No, HP fire is pretty much needed, or at the very least HP ground. Metagross is extremely important because it resists psychic by x4, additionally, hitting Skarm and Forre is pretty much needed, especially since Forre now has sturdy and Pin missle which has increased its usage a lot. HP Ground can hit Metagross + Houndoom.

TL/DR: Unless you're doing some unique hipster set, you need HP.

Edited by KaynineXL
12 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

No, HP fire is pretty much needed, or at the very least HP ground. Metagross is extremely important because it resists psychic by x4, additionally, hitting Skarm and Forre is pretty much needed, especially since Forre now has sturdy and Pin missle which has increased its usage a lot. HP Ground can hit Metagross + Houndoom.

TL/DR: Unless you're doing some unique hipster set, you need HP.

Well, it's probably because my teams can handle those pretty well then. Anyway, if i'd run an hp it would totally be hp ground :)