[OU Discussion] Chansey

2 hours ago, Ryoz said:

Hope that knock off gets its actual power (65) and secundary effect to get rid of those 

I'll pass.

Chances are at first people will have to choose between using their Eviolite for having a buffed up Chansey or a Porygon2 as Salamence's one true counter.and that may limit Chansey usage at first. Then there's also Duggy maybe causing people to opt for Shed Shell Blissey instead.

We'll just have to lean back and watch the chaos unfold.

3 hours ago, IrishIchigo said:

Chansey wasn't all bad in OU, it was pretty easy to counter most of the time.. I say bring it back.

You're right, it wasn't that bad...if you brought counters every single game. It didn't allow for any diversity when teambuilding because it stripped all of the need to be creative with it, since it was so easy to slap chansey into a team and not have to worry about any special threat ever. 

I loved using chansey - it was in pretty much 100% of my teams - but I don't want it back. OU is fun now. 

2 hours ago, pachima said:

lolwat sbomb, giga, hp fire, eq is a viable set which denies all of those switch ins.

I know I know, ppl use the same boring sleep powder leech set just because.

yes, its a cute coverage, altho you're allowed to use only one move per turn. And a lot of things can switch in into venusaur with the right prediction and get rid of it in no time. That's the point.

40 minutes ago, raddevil said:

yes, its a cute coverage, altho you're allowed to use only one move per turn. And a lot of things can switch in into venusaur with the right prediction and get rid of it in no time. That's the point.

it works both ways, so with the same right prediction all those checks can be dent hardly that is not even worth to be considered using with the exception of a few scenarios

2 minutes ago, pachima said:

it works both ways, so with the same right prediction all those checks can be dent hardly that is not even worth to be considered using with the exception of a few scenarios

which means: venusaur is a pokemon that requires the right plays and knowledge of what u doing. So it's not like a chansey that can wish/protect twave all of a team brainlessly -- which means, no need for venu to be banned. So happy we finally agreed. 

Just now, raddevil said:

which means: venusaur is a pokemon that requires the right plays and knowledge of what u doing. So it's not like a chansey that can wish/protect twave all of a team brainlessly -- which means, no need for venu to be banned. So happy we finally agreed. 

oh, I 100% agree with that. It´s just you are not the first person to promptly use the "use tentacruel" argument when someone talks about venusaur, and it kinds of saddens me, cause a pokemon with no reliable recovery, and with a huge weakness to a possible move of venu should be considered a hard counter as it is atm

• Munya locked this topic
  • Munya pinned this topic