[OU Discussion] Chansey

13 minutes ago, SpartacusGD said:

Lets bring back snorlax and chansey problem solved, metagame problem solved. Win-win

IMO The TC actually made the right call banning lax and halting the chain bans and keeping chansey around.

At this point if there is a desire to tinker with the meta then it is time to start adding things back in.  But I am not sure taking steps backwards is the direction we should be going in.

On 5/21/2017 at 9:27 PM, NikhilR said:

If you badly want to see a Chansey-less meta, my best suggestion would be to hold an unofficial tourney with possibly 500k+ as 1st place prize. 

but he would need 500k to do that.

On 5/21/2017 at 4:31 PM, Xatu said:

Can we ban chansey before the update so we can have atleast like 1 week of a less cancerous meta?  All of the hard work put into tiering is just being cast aside and wasted anyway.  Might as well experience a chansey-free meta to atleast see WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN.

If you need some tips as to how to piss all of pokemmo forums off I can assist.

The problem is there were many who made the case that chansey was unhealthy, and there's very little remedy to gauge that theory without a test ban. As long as we get adequate usage it should only take a month. And I can assure you that if the overwhelming consensus is the tier is no better off, the test ban will end and chansey will come back. Even some of us on the fence about chansey voted for the test, as the outcome will put the discussion to rest once and for all which I think is well overdue 

6 minutes ago, Sashaolin said:

Pretty obvious that most if not every members of the TC have'nt played a OU duel since months... It becomes ridiculous...

I know this wasn't only directed at me, but I have been on and done some OU matches sporadically the last month. I personally didn't have a problem with Chansey, but then again my entire team was designed not to have a problem with Chansey. I've also spectated most of the semifinals/finals matches from the OU tourneys in the last 2 months (probably 75% of them) and I see the same thing - top level players don't necessarily struggle against chansey, but its presence heavily influences their teambuilding and its also sitting at a really high usage. Not to mention lesser players (which make up the majority of our playerbase, keep in mind) notoriously struggle against chansey (or use her on every team)

So again I'm not the champion of the "ban chansey" train so I can't speak for that side, but I do agree that a test will help our metagame out in the long run.

39 minutes ago, Murcielago said:

I dunno man, might be time to clean house on the TC... The argument that they don't even play this game is clearly relevant...

Each time I read your posts I feel like my brain is getting more and more flat.

It might be the time to stop crying and uguuing on TC about decisions they make, this is a TEST ban, on a poke which has 50%+ usage. This is a relevant argument, to test ban a poke which is on 1 out of 2 teams you face. Even if all of TC members would not play the game, this argument alone indicates a potential test ban which just now happened.

The fact that some of TC members do not play the game actively is as relevant as your participation in the steel bird series. Gunthug is one of the most solid showdown players, and yes, this counts. Not many people are able to make any references to other metagames or tierlist councils of other pokemon games, he can.

GB, Zeb, Coolio, Riga, Artemiseta are active, they play in tournaments or actively log in. Robo is ded like Harambe so he doesn't make any decisions anyway. Only Ari is less active than he used to be.

You used to cry the same way about Snorlax ban btw, exactly same way. And just a few posts before I saw you saying that it was a good decision.

Personally I don't even remember how Chansey-less meta used to look like, I stopped playing this OU meta because it was stale and shit- now I'm more than willing to give it a try to play the tier itself, see how it looks like and give TC the feedback on the decision. Aside from crying it would be a good idea to COPE with it and simply give it a try rather than being negative as fuck and spitting venom on TC.

Edited by RysPicz
fixed a typo

252+ SpA Life Orb Alakazam Signal Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gardevoir: 82-98 (46.8 - 56%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Alakazam Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Porygon2: 84-100 (43.7 - 52%) -- 73.8% chance to 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Alakazam Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0+ SpD Ludicolo: 102-121 (54.5 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes

252+ SpA Life Orb Alakazam Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Metagross: 90-108 (48.1 - 57.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes

252+ SpA Life Orb Alakazam Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Miltank: 102-120 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes

looks like theres a fun ou meta ahead of us.

Just now, DrButler said:

252+ SpA Life Orb Alakazam Signal Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gardevoir: 82-98 (46.8 - 56%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Alakazam Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Porygon2: 84-100 (43.7 - 52%) -- 73.8% chance to 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Alakazam Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0+ SpD Ludicolo: 102-121 (54.5 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes

252+ SpA Life Orb Alakazam Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Metagross: 90-108 (48.1 - 57.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes

252+ SpA Life Orb Alakazam Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Miltank: 102-120 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes

looks like theres a fun ou meta ahead of us.

Umbreon says hi