[OU Discussion] Chansey

9 hours ago, LuisPocho said:

its very easy to bring an aero against SD ursa after chansey wish

20 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:
Spoiler
+2 252+ Atk Ursaring Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aerodactyl: 135-159 (87 - 102.5%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

You have a weird definition of easy.

EDIT: Also, You seem to possess all the 30 checks of the best offensive pokemons in one single team. Gj boi.

Edited by pachima
On 5/8/2017 at 3:53 PM, DiDi said:

chansey is too hard to beat today i used starmie forretress arca milo dusc and weezing and it just walled my whole team i could not believe it as i sat there being walled that this cancer is still ou someone please do something

Dude nice team!

Today I used arcanine, tentacruel porygon2 with bolt beam (nothing to beat chansey ofc), slowbro, weezing and bulky spin starmie

I was AMAZED at chansey walling me it was seriously the most cancerous shit ever please ban dude I cant win a single ranked match

On 5/8/2017 at 8:53 PM, DiDi said:

chansey is too hard to beat today i used starmie forretress arca milo dusc and weezing and it just walled my whole team i could not believe it as i sat there being walled that this cancer is still ou someone please do something

40 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

Dude nice team!

Today I used arcanine, tentacruel porygon2 with bolt beam (nothing to beat chansey ofc), slowbro, weezing and bulky spin starmie

I was AMAZED at chansey walling me it was seriously the most cancerous shit ever please ban dude I cant win a single ranked match

You plebs aren't doing it right, you obviously should be using Trapinch to beat Chansey and if your opponent reveals Shed Hull, you whisper him calling him a gay uguu noob, duh.

Edited by LifeStyle
16 hours ago, NikhilR said:

Lack of stealth rocks is what prevents offensive teams from being rampant in MMO. The only spikers we sadly have are very defensive which slow down momentum or allow starmie to switch in and just spin away the hazards. Because of not having hazards up, you can't punish your opponent through double switching either because they then just keep getting an extra turn of leftovers recovery. Also I feel that this hasn't been stated a lot, but Chansey is a huge, huge pain to take down if you're using choicebanders because of the defensive core that Chansey surrounds itself with. Thanks to protect Chansey can scout the move and if the Chansey user has hazards up, it can go the counter thus forcing you to keep switching and you're just screwed. To break defensive teams it's highly necessarily that you have some sort of wish support if you're using choice banders or try to accommodate a swords dance user. 

Hp fire mixed cacturne is a good counter for starmie (as today they it doesnt run ice beam) atm its pretty hard for anything bar weezing/k9 switch on it without knowing it moveset, as it can okno chansey and criple steel tipes with hp fire, i really think its a good bet in offensive teams.

49 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Whether something is boring to watch does not matter even one tiny little bit in ban discussions 

it was just a joke bro, it was that or explain again that there must be a better reason that explains why offensive teams doesnt work as well as they do on paper, at least a better reason than "players are bad"... I´m not very convinced with mike´s idea that people feel safer with chansey, its quite vague, but maybe its true idk.

and sory mike, but I use machamp all the time, and super power wont kill skarmory, milotic or arca that are being wish supported... that´s why it needs the boosted facade if there is a chansey (and try to land the righ move when you have been scouted by protect)

Edited by LuisPocho

read through most of the thread. i agree that we need legendaries. their are a lot of good arguments to keep it, mostly just "what will get banned next?" which is against policy and "it's not ban worthy". the arguments for banning are equally subjective. just do a poll with rules on who gets to votes to keep out alts and people who dont comp(like me ^_^). 

tfw forums goes down when you hit post......

Edited by fredrichnietze

I personally think Chansey is banworthy for being unhealthy. It would be possible to argue that it fits support UBER characteristics, but I feel that would be a stretch.

Whenever I think of OU, I think of Chansey before anything else and there are a lot of ways to take advantage of the fat blop when facing one. Beating Chansey is not difficult and any decent PvP player has figured out how to exploit its presence at this point. However, like I said before, I think Chansey is unhealthy and not broken which mean that looking at whether Chansey can be countered is hardly relevant. What I find more interesting is what is the cost of countering Chansey. What are the consequences of running an anti-chansey strat?

I share LuisPocho’s opinion when he says that countering Chansey’s counters is not that difficult. Despite the few exceptions, the viability of teams that can deal effectively with Chansey without using Chansey is not impressive imo. If we had access to pokemons’ filtered win rate percentages, we could evaluate right away if it takes too much to counter Chansey or not. Sadly, we don’t and therefore I don’t think there is a valid way to prove Chansey is unhealthy without a test ban.

1 hour ago, LuisPocho said:

it was just a joke bro, it was that or explain again that there must be a better reason that explains why offensive teams doesnt work as well as they do on paper, at least a better reason than "players are bad"... I´m not very convinced with mike´s idea that people feel safer with chansey, its quite vague, but maybe its true idk.

and sory mike, but I use machamp all the time, and super power wont kill skarmory, milotic or arca that are being wish supported... that´s why it needs the boosted facade if there is a chansey (and try to land the righ move when you have been scouted by protect)

Regardless of how you meant it, it's still worth mentioning since I've seen several pro ban arguments on this thread who at least allude to the fact that Chansey based teams are boring to watch 

For clarification I am currently of the opinion that Chansey is not banworthy but is certainly the highest OU poke on our watch list. If anything, it could possibly be unhealthy but I wouldn't want to go into a test ban half assed, if we made that determination. So I'll pose this to everyone - aside from just "less chansey," what would we like to see out of a healthy metagame that we don't have right now? 

Edited by Gunthug
7 hours ago, Risadex said:

Hp fire mixed cacturne is a good counter for starmie (as today they it doesnt run ice beam) atm its pretty hard for anything bar weezing/k9 switch on it without knowing it moveset, as it can okno chansey and criple steel tipes with hp fire, i really think its a good bet in offensive teams.

OR, go hp psychic cacturne and pair it with magneton.

Can we ban chansey before the update so we can have atleast like 1 week of a less cancerous meta?  All of the hard work put into tiering is just being cast aside and wasted anyway.  Might as well experience a chansey-free meta to atleast see WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN.

6 hours ago, Xatu said:

Can we ban chansey before the update so we can have atleast like 1 week of a less cancerous meta?  All of the hard work put into tiering is just being cast aside and wasted anyway.  Might as well experience a chansey-free meta to atleast see WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN.

There's absolutely nothing of substance whatsoever in this post. Not a single shred of an argument as to why chansey should be banned. This is supposed to be a discussion, if you feel so strongly that chansey should be tested then why not provide some support? 

Just because an update is coming that will drastically change the look of the tiers does not mean we will entertain the idea of making changes just to see what if, tiering policies will be upheld until and after the update happens.  If in the time between now and the update Chansey ends up banned that is fine but we will not be doing it without it going through the process that is supposed to happen.

7 hours ago, Gunthug said:

There's absolutely nothing of substance whatsoever in this post. Not a single shred of an argument as to why chansey should be banned. This is supposed to be a discussion, if you feel so strongly that chansey should be tested then why not provide some support?

Why do you even try bro

Alright let's stay away from personal attacks and flaming and keep it on topic please. This is a chansey discussion not if you think the Tier Council does a good job or not. 

4 hours ago, Xatu said:

If you badly want to see a Chansey-less meta, my best suggestion would be to hold an unofficial tourney with possibly 500k+ as 1st place prize. 

• 2 weeks later...