[OU Discussion] Chansey

From what I have seen so far, I feel OU is in a great place without Chansey. Imo, Chansey was a status absorber before being the go-to special wall. Without it, people seem to struggle more against status; they must send a poison/steel type to absorb that toxic or a ground/electric type to absorb that twave. Clerics are therefore more coveted and the ability synchronise is more useful than before.

It is also more difficult to stop certain special threats. I personally think that Sturdy Magneton as a lead is deadly, but most people seem concerned by Typhlosion, Alakazam and weather teams in general. Scarfers are great – especially Houndoom – to deal with these threats, but Sassy/Careful Arcanine is also very decent here, Thick Fat Miltank – with access to heal bell – is not that bad against Typhlosion/Sunny Day teams and Careful Forretress will do well against Zams that don’t have HP Fire. Then, we have gimmicks here and there that can also work.

If, however, we conclude that one of the mentioned special threats is indeed broken without Chansey around to stop it, what does that prove? That Chansey isn’t unhealthy for OU? Not really, because it would mean that running Chansey is necessary to prevent a sweep from the specific threat. The level of centralisation involved would be far worse than what we anticipated going into the test ban and the next logical step would be to test ban that specific threat along with Chansey.

The test ban has only started a few days ago, it is still too early imo to have a verdict. Let’s give it time and see how the tier develops.

Edit: What I have said in this post reflects only my personnal stance on the Chansey test ban and should not be taken as the official position of the TC.

Edited by gbwead
6 minutes ago, Munya said:

I don't think that's a gimmick, I think that's running a move to counter a type of threat, else all hidden powers would be considered gimmicks?

So basically the test ban isbecause people can't 1 hit ko chansey with any move they want + the usage %?

i mean seems fair enough i would like to kill it with shadow ball rofl

On 4.6.2017 at 6:04 AM, Maelstrom said:

Just wait till ppl learns to use hp ground, kek

248 SpA Choice Specs Alakazam Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Houndoom: 148-176 (98.6 - 117.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

248 SpA Choice Specs Alakazam Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 148 SpD Houndoom: 124-148 (82.6 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

248+ SpA Life Orb Alakazam Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 148 SpD Houndoom: 118-140 (78.6 - 93.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

248+ SpA Choice Specs Alakazam Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Houndoom: 124-146 (82.6 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

guess people should rebreed those 2 HP IV and 2 SpDef IV Houndooms. @LifeStyle

6 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

30HP 27 SPDef actually

248 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Houndoom: 132-156 (88 - 104%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

248+ SpA Life Orb Alakazam Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Houndoom: 144-170 (96 - 113.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

On 11.06.2017 at 11:05 AM, OrangeManiac said:

I hope the post is coming soon though so the test period hasn't almost ended before the community gets a reasoning why it was even made kek.

This

Been almost 3 weeks, top kek.

@Gunthug tagging you cuz you're good at writing, write us some good poem reasoning stuff :>