Need help building my team

Ive played the old games and mainly made a team that i thought was cool. With pokemmo being more competitive i know that ill need help from experienced players to build my team. Im still progressing through the story but i want to get a pretty good idea of what my team will be. I made a "rough" idea of my team: dragonite, lapras, swampert, raichu, charizard and skarmory. Who should i swap out and what do i need? Thanks, i really appreciate the help :)

15 minutes ago, Jg1846 said:

Ive played the old games and mainly made a team that i thought was cool. With pokemmo being more competitive i know that ill need help from experienced players to build my team. Im still progressing through the story but i want to get a pretty good idea of what my team will be. I made a "rough" idea of my team: dragonite, lapras, swampert, raichu, charizard and skarmory. Who should i swap out and what do i need? Thanks, i really appreciate the help :)

Now, do you intend on competing against in-game players, as in real people, or rather just progressing through the game and defeating NPC's?

5 minutes ago, Jg1846 said:

Competing against real people

Let me help you out with that then. There are multiple ways to compete with other players within this game. There is a matchmaking system that you can access in every PokeCenter that is available 24/7. You simply register and wait for an opponent. You can also challenge players throughout the game as you meet them, but most will decline your invitation to duel. If you are interested in dueling like this, I would suggest meeting people in Vermillion City Ch. 1, outside of the PokeCenter as this has become a hub for players in the game. Another method of dueling is through the automated tournament system. Instructions for registration are found in the "PVP" tab in your main screen.

All of this though is fairly pointless though if you are unaware of the PokeMMO tiering system and which pokemon are currently banned from certain tiers. I would suggest taking a peek at the threads below for more information on what you can and can't use in certain duels, and how those decisions were made:

Worth noting that Dragonite is currently banned from OU, Also I wouldn't suggest Raichu in OU, and Lapras isn't very good in OU either (block + perish song works though.)

Do you have any ideas what to run on those other pokemon, though? Charizard can run plenty of sets.

1 minute ago, notmudkip0 said:

Worth noting that Dragonite is currently banned from OU, Also I wouldn't suggest Raichu in OU, and Lapras isn't very good in OU either (block + perish song works though.)

Do you have any ideas what to run on those other pokemon, though? Charizard can run plenty of sets.

Let him find his way with the info I gave him. It's a test yo. 

1 hour ago, notmudkip0 said:

Well im a complete noob i usually did earthquake, a fire move, fly and dragon rage. i dont need to focus it around charizard i would just like to know whats powerful or an example of a powerful team as pokemon i thought were good are obviously flawed lol

1 minute ago, Jg1846 said:

Well im a complete noob i usually did earthquake, a fire move, fly and dragon rage. i dont need to focus it around charizard i would just like to know whats powerful or an example of a powerful team as pokemon i thought were good are obviously flawed lol

Fly and Dragon Rage are both poor in comp. What moves to run really depends on what you want Charizard to be. It can be physical, special, and mixed with different moves options on each. Which would you want to use?

42 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Fly and Dragon Rage are both poor in comp. What moves to run really depends on what you want Charizard to be. It can be physical, special, and mixed with different moves options on each. Which would you want to use?

Well im just gonna finish the game then focus on my team. This is getting very confusing for me, i always just did what was cool but its so complicated now. Could you just give me an example or 2 of a good poketeam so i can get an idea of what i should have on a team? (maybe what your team is) id really appreciate it :)

6 minutes ago, Jg1846 said:

Well im just gonna finish the game then focus on my team. This is getting very confusing for me, i always just did what was cool but its so complicated now. Could you just give me an example or 2 of a good poketeam so i can get an idea of what i should have on a team? (maybe what your team is) id really appreciate it :)

Get a trapinch

6 minutes ago, Jg1846 said:

Once you finish that up, check out what @DoubleJ linked, as well as 

These are all useful links if you're planning to play OU.

In PokeMMO you choose a tier to compete in. Each tier uses different pokemon. Check your pokedex in game to see which pokemon are in each tier. I recommend starting in the OU tier since you will get the most active tier that way. The first thing I would do is I would spectate. I would spectate A LOT. Spectate until you understand why players are making certain decisions. Then .... make the time investment to team build. It costs a lot of money and a lot of time for perfect pokemon.

You'd want to also look up the best ways to make money: beating NPC's or etc. so you can get your funds going.

When you start breeding take your time and go slow. Make sure you have egg move, nature, everything you need. Use your notepad in your PC accessories to keep track of things and take it slow.

Check out the mods if you are new. They have a mod that makes the pokemon 3d you can download. Enjoy.

16 hours ago, bl0nde said:

In PokeMMO you choose a tier to compete in. Each tier uses different pokemon. Check your pokedex in game to see which pokemon are in each tier. I recommend starting in the OU tier since you will get the most active tier that way. The first thing I would do is I would spectate. I would spectate A LOT. Spectate until you understand why players are making certain decisions. Then .... make the time investment to team build. It costs a lot of money and a lot of time for perfect pokemon.

You'd want to also look up the best ways to make money: beating NPC's or etc. so you can get your funds going.

When you start breeding take your time and go slow. Make sure you have egg move, nature, everything you need. Use your notepad in your PC accessories to keep track of things and take it slow.

Check out the mods if you are new. They have a mod that makes the pokemon 3d you can download. Enjoy.

Thanks for the tips

• Mike locked this topic