Change the injure filter

Kanakops

Hello, i dont speak english but i can try to say one problem with the filter of injure ect

Obviously, its not all person in pokemmo use the EN channel and its not all person speak english, the filter of pokemmo block a lot of 'bad english word'

but a lot of french word are blocked because he are bad in english

EXEMPLE

In english the word 'tard, or poop' are an injure but In french tard/poop = late

ex : Je vais être en poop = I will be late

ex2: à plus tard = bye / see ya

In english sell = sell (logic)

but all variation of sell are block because its for the 'trade' tchat. If i said 'Aviez vous des conseils' (do you have some tricks) its block 

In english ho are block because its same thing like 'b****' 

but in french its the same thing of 'oh, ah, ha' ect

And its not the only word, a lot of words in french are blocked and we can talk sometime because we can said differently one thing

i propose to block all bad english word in EN channel only. Why an english person came in FR channel anyway?

The biggest issue with this is that if a player is tried of a bad word being filtered out in their language, they will be more likely to jump to a different language to be able to use that word without any censorship or having to trick the filter. While the filter can use some improvements, it will not be removed from any chat language.  -xela

That doesn't really make sense.

Nobody is going to change their input language to german, just to be able to write an english word that normally gets filtered.

Since english speakers 99% of the time have german chat disabled, they wouldn't see it. So even if it did happen, wouldn't matter.

Really, the word filter, more often than not, just keeps people from having easy casual conversation.

I don't really have any data or numbers, but I imagine the trade auto mod filter doesn't actually prevent that many trade spammers.

What it really does prevent is casual chat users who want to say "i think i will buy a comp charizard after i ev this". Like, all the time.

It's even worse when the word that gets filtered isn't even in the same language in which your'e writing.

I 100% support a modification to the word filter, be it making it language channel exclusive, or just removing the 'trade' word filter altogether--it gets bypassed so easily anyways.

Edited by Eggplant

thanks for the support but unfortunately i dont think one staff member do something if he tell us have one issue, and this problem dont affect english people (because its an filter create for english word) so i dont think its an important problem for them (correction, its not a problem for them) + this change nothing and their gameplay

I am really disappointed to know that there will probably be no change because a lot of words are blocked because these are detected as insults or trade spam (which is not the case) and we cant make a normal discussion something or people think im injure but i just said a normal word in french

(sorry for my bad english, i know have a lot of error/bad writing ect :l  )

• Zehkar locked this topic