PSL 7 Predictions Thread

I'm gonna do my predictions for the first 16 picks here. It makes a little bit harder to guess the gen7 players since format isn't confirmed but I'm still gonna speculate.

1st pick, by Giantpipe: Frags

- Do I even need to open this up any further?

2nd pick, by KaynineXL: DoubleJ/Raaidn/NikhilR

- Even though Kaynine's tendencies hasn't been to buy the whole LYLE with any cost, I definitely expect him to use his first pick for a LYLE member. Really tough to say which one of these Kaynine will pick but my guess will be JJ, maybe due to being currently most active what I've seen from all 3 and he's the most enthusiastic about PSL by what I've seen from the 3. Really hard to rank these 3 according to skill.

3rd pick, by Elcoolio: Walpayer

- I expect Coolio to make Lion really regret his decision to give up his 2nd pick of the draft and take away the player Lion would have definitely grabbed as soon as he was able to. Walpayer ranks amongst top players in MMO in general, but in PSL has put up insane records (such as an undefeated season) and I don't think this will go unnoticed.

4th pick, by SpartacusGD: OldKeith, if VGC is included. YUBEL^12 if isn't.

- Let's be honest, there isn't a format where a player is miles ahead in experience compared to everyone else. Sure, you could argue there is a notable luck factor in VGC considering it's 4v4 and so on but VGC is still played b/o3 unlike any other format and in 3 matches Keith's experience beyond everyone else will probably show. If VGC doesn't get picked in PSL6, Yubel's recent performance probably puts him up as a 4th pick. He could be a bit higher but he can't scout the way he can in tournaments, which will slightly hurt him in PSL.

5th pick, by Torinnnnn: Raaidn

- If Kaynine didn't pick Raaidn, I expect someone to pick him and that probably is Torin. The variety of tiers puts him ahead of few other candidates, such as Nik and Gunthug which Torinn might consider as well.

6th pick, by Gbwead: Schuchty

- I expect gb to pick up his RNG buddy but not for buddy-buddy reasons but the fact Schuchty has been solid recently and he signed up to almost all of the tiers. Quite underrated player in my opinion, but as Gb knows him better I think this will not go unnoticed by him.

7th pick, by Lion: NikhilR/Forfiter

- Because I expect Walpayer to not be available anymore, Lion has to look somewhere else. If it was to look at skill, I think Nik should go by now. But I wouldn't be surprised if team wasn't a bit of factor even on this pick. I would expect Forfiter to be around for Lion's second pick so I think grabbing Nik would be wise here and Forfiter later. Who wouldn't want to unite these two sweethearts?

8th pick and 9th pick, by EricTheGreat: Gunthug and DoctorPBJ

- Eric isn't really familiar with current MMO's power structures as much as other managers so I guess he makes his decisions based on PSL performance. That's why I expect him to grab Gunthug and DocPBJ. Gunthug to get him a high win % player and Doc because he's been solid since the old days and Eric will probably recognize this name better than others.

10th pick, by KaynineXL: NikhilR/Raaidn definitely if available. Since in my mock draft they aren't, either BlackJovi or SweeTforU.

- I think Jovi is more likely. LYLE guys seem to rank Jovi's skill in LYLE scale a bit higher than other people. However, I might expect Kaynine to pick SweeTforU because he's bound to go around in these picks and then use a shit ton of credits for BlackJovi in the auction.

11th pick, by Gbwead: OrangeManiac

- Despite our heated debates about Doubles, people don't know that we actually click very well. I've seen Gb often to acknowledge my skill in this game very often, in addition I've signed up to all of the tiers which is always good in PSL and opens up so much room for auction. Also why wouldn't he pick a player with an alt "TopKekleon", c'mon guys.

12th pick, by Giantpipe: Enchanteur

- I expect Giant to remain in the Aw path because let's be honest here, there's bunch of talented Aw players and communicating with them is obviously the easiest. Belieberboy is another option at this point considering his past dominance in tournaments (mostly CCs, but still) but considering how big name enchanteur is I expect him to take Enchanteur while he's still available.

13th pick, by SpartacusGD: Yangsam

- From one Asian to another. Alright, I don't honestly think that's a factor here more than Yangsam is actually a very solid player which I don't however expect to get picked before this point. Yangsam is known to be solid in basically every MMO tier so solid pick at this point to free up selection in the auction.

14th pick, by Elcoolio: Artemiseta

- Really diverse and good player that is bound go to around here. Getting a good diverse player helps forward in auction and I'm sure managers will acknowledge this by picking Art soon enough.

15th pick and 16th pick, by Lion: Forfiter and Wiriketchup

- I expect Lion to get Forfi to avoid overpaying for him in auction. Wiriketchup is in my opinion top 10 player in this game but I expect people to pick up buddies in the first two round but at this point his talent is recognized.

Edit: I completely forgot Zebra. I think he's most likely in Torin's 5th pick territory or somewhere at 8-16th then. Oh, and Osuki too.

Edited by OrangeManiac
25 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

- Even though Kaynine's tendencies hasn't been to buy the whole LYLE with any cost, I definitely expect him to use his first pick for a LYLE member. Really tough to say which one of these Kaynine will pick but my guess will be JJ, maybe due to being currently most active what I've seen from all 3 and he's the most enthusiastic about PSL by what I've seen from the 3. Really hard to rank these 3 according to skill.

@KaynineXL thoughts?

2 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

I'm gonna do my predictions for the first 16 picks here. It makes a little bit harder to guess the gen7 players since format isn't confirmed but I'm still gonna speculate.

1st pick, by Giantpipe: Frags

- Do I even need to open this up any further?

3rd pick, by Elcoolio: Walpayer

- I expect Coolio to make Lion really regret his decision to give up his 2nd pick of the draft and take away the player Lion would have definitely grabbed as soon as he was able to. Walpayer ranks amongst top players in MMO in general, but in PSL has put up insane records (such as an undefeated season) and I don't think this will go unnoticed.

4th pick, by SpartacusGD: OldKeith, if VGC is included. YUBEL^12 if isn't.

- Let's be honest, there isn't a format where a player is miles ahead in experience compared to everyone else. Sure, you could argue there is a notable luck factor in VGC considering it's 4v4 and so on but VGC is still played b/o3 unlike any other format and in 3 matches Keith's experience beyond everyone else will probably show. If VGC doesn't get picked in PSL6, Yubel's recent performance probably puts him up as a 4th pick. He could be a bit higher but he can't scout the way he can in tournaments, which will slightly hurt him in PSL.

5th pick, by Torinnnnn: Raaidn

- If Kaynine didn't pick Raaidn, I expect someone to pick him and that probably is Torin. The variety of tiers puts him ahead of few other candidates, such as Nik and Gunthug which Torinn might consider as well.

6th pick, by Gbwead: Schuchty

- I expect gb to pick up his RNG buddy but not for buddy-buddy reasons but the fact Schuchty has been solid recently and he signed up to almost all of the tiers. Quite underrated player in my opinion, but as Gb knows him better I think this will not go unnoticed by him.

7th pick, by Lion: NikhilR/Forfiter

- Because I expect Walpayer to not be available anymore, Lion has to look somewhere else. If it was to look at skill, I think Nik should go by now. But I wouldn't be surprised if team wasn't a bit of factor even on this pick. I would expect Forfiter to be around for Lion's second pick so I think grabbing Nik would be wise here and Forfiter later. Who wouldn't want to unite these two sweethearts?

8th pick and 9th pick, by EricTheGreat: Gunthug and DoctorPBJ

- Eric isn't really familiar with current MMO's power structures as much as other managers so I guess he makes his decisions based on PSL performance. That's why I expect him to grab Gunthug and DocPBJ. Gunthug to get him a high win % player and Doc because he's been solid since the old days and Eric will probably recognize this name better than others.

10th pick, by KaynineXL: NikhilR/Raaidn definitely if available. Since in my mock draft they aren't, either BlackJovi or SweeTforU.

- I think Jovi is more likely. LYLE guys seem to rank Jovi's skill in LYLE scale a bit higher than other people. However, I might expect Kaynine to pick SweeTforU because he's bound to go around in these picks and then use a shit ton of credits for BlackJovi in the auction.

11th pick, by Gbwead: OrangeManiac

- Despite our heated debates about Doubles, people don't know that we actually click very well. I've seen Gb often to acknowledge my skill in this game very often, in addition I've signed up to all of the tiers which is always good in PSL and opens up so much room for auction. Also why wouldn't he pick a player with an alt "TopKekleon", c'mon guys.

12th pick, by Giantpipe: Enchanteur

- I expect Giant to remain in the Aw path because let's be honest here, there's bunch of talented Aw players and communicating with them is obviously the easiest. Belieberboy is another option at this point considering his past dominance in tournaments (mostly CCs, but still) but considering how big name enchanteur is I expect him to take Enchanteur while he's still available.

13th pick, by SpartacusGD: Yangsam

- From one Asian to another. Alright, I don't honestly think that's a factor here more than Yangsam is actually a very solid player which I don't however expect to get picked before this point. Yangsam is known to be solid in basically every MMO tier so solid pick at this point to free up selection in the auction.

14th pick, by Elcoolio: Artemiseta

- Really diverse and good player that is bound go to around here. Getting a good diverse player helps forward in auction and I'm sure managers will acknowledge this by picking Art soon enough.

15th pick and 16th pick, by Lion: Forfiter and Wiriketchup

- I expect Lion to get Forfi to avoid overpaying for him in auction. Wiriketchup is in my opinion top 10 player in this game but I expect people to pick up buddies in the first two round but at this point his talent is recognized.

Edit: I completely forgot Zebra. I think he's most likely in Torin's 5th pick territory or somewhere at 8-16th then. Oh, and Osuki too.

You forgot lkrenz as pipe's pick. Dominant doubles. If im not mistaken undefeated last season

8 minutes ago, Startear said:

I have questions .

What's PSL ? and Can i join it ?

PSL is community event where best players from each tiers (and few showdown tiers too) are battling each other for few weeks for teams.
each player can be drawn by one of managers choosed by host of event. 

It's big. It's funny. And it's allowed. 

Here you can see general thread : LINK

Here Rules: LINK

And here you can try to join : link

Just now, Bearminator said:

PSL is community event where best players from each tiers (and few showdown tiers too) are battling each other for few weeks for teams.
each player can be drawn by one of managers choosed by host of event. 

It's big. It's funny. And it's allowed. 

Here you can see general thread : LINK

Here Rules: LINK

And here you can try to join : link

Thank you Bear (^.^) 

Will go ahead and chip in my predictions for the draft portion of the auction, because as we know, the auction itself is complete chaos and unpredictable. Orange and JJs were awesome and in depth, mine probably won't be quite that awesome since I'm not as in touch with the community as I used to be, but I hope it proves useful to someone regardless.

Picks:

1. Frags - No brainer, best of the best

2. Yubelllllllllllll - Despite kaynine holding this pick and generally leaning towards lyle, I think he takes the best player on the board and goes with the recent UU birthday champ here

3. Walpayer - another elite player, another easy draft choice

4. DoctorPBJ - I think sparty reaches for a known commodity here, and with his versatility and ability to fill one of the toughest tiers to fill this season (VGC, if we end up with it) it certainly amps up his value

5. SweeTForU - Torr did some masterful pre-draft trading to end up in a great position, and he starts his draft off by taking the extremely versatile sweet

6. Schuchty - absolute monster last season in PSL, I know gb wants to harness that power again in his PSL managerial debut

7. Blackjovi - this is where it really starts getting tough, and I don't envy Lion's decision here. So many talented players left, can't go wrong here, but I go with jovi for the tenacity

8. Burntzebra - zebra is the picture of consistency, though 2nd place in a PSL match isn't quite as good as 2nd in an official, where zebra seems to feel the most comfortable. Still, extremely good competitive mind and loads of psl experience, this is a great landing spot for him

9. DoubleJ - torr works his magic and it pays off, he lands the biasedhost himself at 9

10. Yangsam - Kaynine pulls the trigger on a lyle guy this time, and one of the most clutch psl players in recent memory

11. NikhilR - Gb will be pleasently surprised with how much talent is still on the board here, and he certainly can't go wrong with Nik. One thing he'll realize is that, despite there only being 2 showdown tiers, past winning managers always have their showdown tiers locked down with high talent players. Nik would absolutely be higher if he hadn't announced that he didn't have a ton of time this season and that his contributions would be limited

12. Orangemaniac - pipe needs a versatile lower tier player to compliment frags, and orange is the perfect guy. He can play nearly any tier and absolutely no one wants to see his name next to theirs on match day

13. Raaidn - No way you can pass up this guy if he's still on the board at 13 - proved last season he can even play the showdown tiers at a high level, and recent tourney success proves he isn't washed up

14. Lkrenz - One of the most solid doubles players in the game, you can bet that coolio sees the value in a near guarunteed doubles win every week. Then again, predicting what coolio will do is a fool's endeavor. May come down to whatever his magic 8 ball tells him

15. Forfiter - especially if VGC is a tier this season, forfi looks to be a highly coveted asset. Even if not, he can play several other tiers at a very high level. I've always considered forfi to be one of the toughest players to beat in just 1 match, since his teambuilding is innovative and unpredictable. PSL is the perfect place for that

16. Overtlytoasted - again these last picks are tough to judge but toast has always been a very consistent PSL player, and an expensive one in auctions. Hard to pass up if he's still on the board at 16

Sorry if I left anyone out (especially you, @Gunthug) but I only really glanced at signups page while throwing this together. The actual managers will be highly prepared and therefore in a position to make some picks that differ from mine (and jj's and oranges, too) which is what will make this draft/auction so exciting. Can't wait, GL to all the managers and sign-ups and lets get this damn thing going already amirite

Edited by Gunthug
7 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Will go ahead and chip in my predictions for the draft portion of the auction, because as we know, the auction itself is complete chaos and unpredictable. Orange and JJs were awesome and in depth, mine probably won't be quite that awesome since I'm not as in touch with the community as I used to be, but I hope it proves useful to someone regardless.

Hide contents

Picks:

1. Frags - No brainer, best of the best

2. Yubelllllllllllll - Despite kaynine holding this pick and generally leaning towards lyle, I think he takes the best player on the board and goes with the recent UU birthday champ here

3. Walpayer - another elite player, another easy draft choice

4. DoctorPBJ - I think sparty reaches for a known commodity here, and with his versatility and ability to fill one of the toughest tiers to fill this season (VGC, if we end up with it) it certainly amps up his value

5. SweeTForU - Torr did some masterful pre-draft trading to end up in a great position, and he starts his draft off by taking the extremely versatile sweet

6. Schuchty - absolute monster last season in PSL, I know gb wants to harness that power again in his PSL managerial debut

7. Blackjovi - this is where it really starts getting tough, and I don't envy Lion's decision here. So many talented players left, can't go wrong here, but I go with jovi for the tenacity

8. Burntzebra - zebra is the picture of consistency, though 2nd place in a PSL match isn't quite as good as 2nd in an official, where zebra seems to feel the most comfortable. Still, extremely good competitive mind and loads of psl experience, this is a great landing spot for him

9. DoubleJ - torr works his magic and it pays off, he lands the biasedhost himself at 9

10. Yangsam - Kaynine pulls the trigger on a lyle guy this time, and one of the most clutch psl players in recent memory

11. NikhilR - Gb will be pleasently surprised with how much talent is still on the board here, and he certainly can't go wrong with Nik. One thing he'll realize is that, despite there only being 2 showdown tiers, past winning managers always have their showdown tiers locked down with high talent players. Nik would absolutely be higher if he hadn't announced that he didn't have a ton of time this season and that his contributions would be limited

12. Orangemaniac - pipe needs a versatile lower tier player to compliment frags, and orange is the perfect guy. He can play nearly any tier and absolutely no one wants to see his name next to theirs on match day

13. Lkrenz - At this point its really hard to make predictions, I also thought raaidn would be a great steal here if he's still available, but Lkrenz is one of the most solid doubles players in the game and sparty sees the value in a near guarunteed doubles win every week

14. Raaidn - predicting what coolio is going to do is a fool's endeavor, but there's no way you can pass up this guy if he's still here. Showed us last PSL he wasn't washed up, and recent tourney success confirms it

15. Forfiter - especially if VGC is a tier this season, forfi looks to be a highly coveted asset. Even if not, he can play several other tiers at a very high level. I've always considered forfi to be one of the toughest players to beat in just 1 match, since his teambuilding is innovative and unpredictable. PSL is the perfect place for that

16. Overtlytoasted - again these last picks are tough to judge but toast has always been a very consistent PSL player, and an expensive one in auctions. Hard to pass up if he's still on the board at 16

Sorry if I left anyone out (especially you, @Gunthug) but I only really glanced at signups page while throwing this together. The actual managers will be highly prepared and therefore in a position to make some picks that differ from mine (and jj's and oranges, too) which is what will make this draft/auction so exciting. Can't wait, GL to all the managers and sign-ups and lets get this damn thing going already amirite

Gunt you do realize you predict me to pick two doubles masters right lol

3 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Super surprised with these picks, and I'm not talking about mine specifically as they may be right, I'm talking as a whole.. I feel like everyone that has done it so far has some picks very wrong.

Mock drafts are notoriously terrible, especially in the NFL. I'll be satisfied if I even have 50% of the names right, let alone where they're drafted