Forums on phone

Ever since the forum update, I'm having a lot of problems with using forums on my phone. The issues I'm facing are:

* I cannot delete quotes. Once I quoted someone, I must send the quote because forum saves both quote and what I wrote and I cannot backspace through it.

* I sometimes cannot backspace through what I wrote. I don't know the reason, but sometimes I can and sometimes I can't.

I'm using an android phone (samsung galaxy s3) if it will help with anything. If anyone knows how to fix this or is facing similar issues pls tell.

Edited by RysPicz
1 minute ago, RysPicz said:

Ever since the forum update, I'm having a lot of problems with using forums on my phone. The issues I'm facing are:

* I cannot delete quotes. Once I quoted someone, I must send the quote because forum saves both quote and what I wrote.

* I sometimes cannot backspace through what I wrote. I don't know the reason, but sometimes I can and sometimes I can't.

I'm using an android phone (samsung galaxy s3) if it will help with anything. If anyone knows how to fix this or is facing similar issues pls tell.

On my S4 quotes work the same as on pc. Just instead I have to backspace all the text in the quote before I can backspace the quote.

3 hours ago, RysPicz said:

* I cannot delete quotes. Once I quoted someone, I must send the quote because forum saves both quote and what I wrote and I cannot backspace through it.

Upgrade to one of these 

Spoiler

Nokia-3310.jpg

Problem solved. Nom sayin?

Edited by Alphamale
7 minutes ago, Alphamale said:

Upgrade to one of these 

Reveal hidden contents

Nokia-3310.jpg

Problem solved. Nom sayin?

Fun stuff- I actually do have one of these as my spare in case my S3 suffers from unexpected damage. I have it already for like 15 years and the shit still runs with the same original battery

Spoiler

which lasts for over a week

7 hours ago, RysPicz said:

I have the same issue's as Forfi has. It's so annoying that you can't delete quote's. I have HTC One M8

Edited by Mnemosyne
#freeliberalisme

Oh boy, here we go.

Removing quotes by spamming backspace is pooped and shouldn't be this way.

Sometimes when you quote and try to delete a part of the text and end up deleting the entire thing, you're unable to type anywhere in the reply box. There are a few workarounds but it shouldn't be this way in the first place.

Editing the quotes is almost always broken.

Adding quotes in an edited reply is a severe pain, might as well double post.

We need bbcodes back, please.

Finally, please don't waste time on forums and give us dungeons already.

Also, One plus 3 masterrace.

• 5 weeks later...

Just tested this issue out on my phone, which is an Android phone as well. One workaround to this issue is to add some text before the quote through the Paste feature, add one or two blank spaces between the text and quote with Enter, and add some text after the quote. To add the text before the quote, assuming you tapped the Quote feature before adding anything else, tap and hold the small, blank section above the quote, and below the top of the text editor where the other features are. (Just a heads up that it can be a pain to make the quote get selected properly. So it may take a couple tries. When it's selected properly, you should see the quote box get outlined and see that the Back, Cut, Copy, Paste, and Select All features appear at the top. ) Here's a screenshot of what the UI will generally look like when things are selected properly.:

Spoiler

78c669c2aa.png

You can also go straight to the text editor at the bottom of the page before quoting and add some text, and then tap on "Quote," so you can make sure that the text editor adds the quote after the text. Here's a screenshot to help clarify the workaround.:

Spoiler

cc0c493281.png

If you need to delete a quote entirely, you can drag the text selection marker (On my phone, it's the icon that looks like the blue teardrop.) from the section before the quote that you want to start deleting from to the section you want to stop deleting at after the quote. Then when it looks similar to what the screenshot above looks like, simply tap Delete/Backspace and it should delete the entire quote. I hope this helps. :3.

Edited by RyukoNotsunaga