[PSL 7] HYPE Thread

Those asking for gen 6 can we not pls. DPP is just considered the best competitive generation hence why it's kept around, but if we're moving to gen 7 now we should be moving with it. That said I'd much prefer VGC over Pokebank OU atm because it's still early stages into making gen 7 tiers, like there's overpowered shit like Keldeo sitting in UU atm.

I'm not sure how much support VGC would get, but I'd be willing to play it if it were a tier and I know of a few others... *cough* that would too.

As for LC, I'd be ok with it if it became a tier, but I would see it as the least competitive tier.

As much as I would love to see VGC as one of tiers, because VGC17 is actually very competitive and playable, that much I doubt there would be enough players who would sign up for it or players who would be willing to learn it- it isn't a simple tier by any means and it's also under development.

5 hours ago, NikhilR said:

Moreover because of how there's very few players who even play this tier, finding someone to practice with or discuss ideas with is also quite rare. 

Just in LYLE alone you have me, doc, yang and gypss (rip), gosh Nik

And I could name you a whole bunch of players outside the team who make real comps to play the tier

Edited by LifeStyle
15 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

Just in LYLE alone you have me, doc, yang and gypss (rip), gosh Nik

And I could name you a whole bunch of players outside the team who make real comps to play the tier

Yeah but none of you guys are real competitive LC players, in the sense that it isn't one of your main tiers. Neither of you guys invest the same amount of time in LC compared to how much you do for the other tiers.

I'm not against having LC, but I just don't feel like it is at that level of importance where it gets to replace something else. 

27 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

Yeah but none of you guys are real competitive LC players, in the sense that it isn't one of your main tiers. Neither of you guys invest the same amount of time in LC compared to how much you do for the other tiers.

I'm not against having LC, but I just don't feel like it is at that level of importance where it gets to replace something else. 

hey, LC is  my main.

My opinion : 

-3 OU slots is alright, we had good battles even in OU3 last season.

-2 UU slots is good, there is a lot of competition in UU too. 

-2 NU slots might be too much. I think that NU2 last season was often pretty poor. What are your feelings about that ? 

-1 Doubles slot is good, we have enough dedicated players for it. 

-Same for DPP, the battles are composed of the few best DPP players and it's enjoyable to watch. 

Now about the new tiers : 

-ORAS OU : I think that it wouldn't be a good choice. There is no HYPE for this, because like I already said, it's not the new generation, and it's not an 'old school' tier. 

-VGC17 : I heard it was a very good tier, and that it wasn't a broken kid tier like some of the previous VGC tiers. But the question is : how many people are actually interested in playing it ? I know that some players in our team enjoy it, but idk for the rest of the community.

-Gen 7 OU : I don't know much about it, but it is the last Gen so there is a lot of competition on it. Once again, how many people from PokeMMO are interested in playing it ? I saw on the Showdown Thread that some players regularly put Gen 7 replays. 

-LC : There are very few dedicated players for this, and it isn't as competitive as the other PokeMMO tiers. So I don't know...

Maybe you should make a pool to determine the 2 most popular tiers between VGC17, ORAS OU, SM OU and LC ? 

i think gen 7 pokebank OU is great cause its new for all of us

and you can use all the mons and all the crazy tactics available today.

and you dont have to learn doubles :)

Edited by AQA
52 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

Maybe you should make a pool to determine the 2 most popular tiers between VGC17, ORAS OU, SM OU and LC ? 

VGC17 > LC > ORAS OU > SM OU

Edit: LC over NU2 sounds also fine.

Edit2: 

5 hours ago, RysPicz said:

I doubt there would be enough players who would sign up for it or players who would be willing to learn it- it isn't a simple tier by any means and it's also under development.

Don't be so shy Schuchty (@Crazyhell).

Edited by gbwead

The tiers PSL 7 should have imo:

PokeMMO OU

PokeMMO OU

PokeMMO UU

PokeMMO UU

PokeMMO NU

PokeMMO NU

PokeMMO Doubles

DPP

VGC 17 (Haven't played but heard it's gud)

Last tier should be PokeMMO Ubers imo, I think that's a great tier that requires much more teambuilding skills than LC or w/e.

With all my love for LC I don't think it should be a PSL tier because 3 mins matches aren't really competitive.

Gen 7 Pokebank OU is a legitiment tier and should have a lot of sign ups because of new gen hype. The only problem I see with the tier is that the ban list is very volatile right now which means we may have a Tapu Lele and Genesect one week, and than they won't be available the next week. But overall the tier is really fun and there's a real meta not just a bunch of op mons running around.

30 minutes ago, Kanzo said:

Watching dem plebs talking about LC like this makes me wanna quit PSL. Disgusting the way u guys think LC is competitive compared to NU or Doubles. 

I see no reason we shouldn't have 2 NU per week. 

we we already have doubles , don't need 2 fake tiers 

NU>LC