[PSL 7] HYPE Thread

quick shout out to @gbwead.

Spoiler

i know he spent hours getting under everyone's skin, but most, if not all of it was for the team. guy went above and beyond (super beyond?) for his players with every situation, and spent so much time helping each of his players improve.
i know he made a bunch of enemies and even more people think he was a horrible manager, but i dont think it was possible for him to be better (regarding his team anyway, not his relation to the rest of psl). he wore his heart on his sleeve week after week for us no matter how many people were against him, and from a players perspective that's all you can ask of your manager. whether or not he went about things the right way is a different topic and i dont want people to confuse that with what im trying to say, but he was the heart and soul of the kecleons as a manager should be.

enjoyed being a kecleon

1 hour ago, DiDi said:

quick shout out to @gbwead.

Reveal hidden contents

i know he spent hours getting under everyone's skin, but most, if not all of it was for the team. guy went above and beyond (super beyond?) for his players with every situation, and spent so much time helping each of his players improve.
i know he made a bunch of enemies and even more people think he was a horrible manager, but i dont think it was possible for him to be better (regarding his team anyway, not his relation to the rest of psl). he wore his heart on his sleeve week after week for us no matter how many people were against him, and from a players perspective that's all you can ask of your manager. whether or not he went about things the right way is a different topic and i dont want people to confuse that with what im trying to say, but he was the heart and soul of the kecleons as a manager should be.

enjoyed being a kecleon

Couldn't have found better words. Thank you Gb, for believing in me and making me a better player :) would have followed you to the end of the world

@gbwead

This was my 7th and hopefully last season in PSL. I had multiple managers in the past, starting from Senile, through Jay who got himself banned at the beggining of the season and Doc who was trading his team every week. None of the managers I had has given such a direct input and went above and beyond for every of his players, approaching us individually and trying to help us week after week, doing literally everything possible to help us out. I know you are going through a hard time now and I feel sorry we couldn't give you a cheerful moment to compensate it.

I can't lie, this was a season I was least involved, hence the first time I got a negative winrate. I was really happy to be the part of Kecs, we had some glorious moments and we had Tranz on whom you could always count in being bad. XPLOZ, Keith- you guys carried week after week, now you deserve at least a shoutout.

Best of luck to Legends and Caterpies in the finals, I wish I could say "see you next season" but considering I will have even less time compared to now, I am pretty sure this was my last PSL season.

Thanks for hosting!

Quick shoutout to @Osuki for being the soul of our team and doing the most he can every week to keep us in it, doing what kay didn't because he was busy. VALE was probably the greatest team ever, our discord chat was always active and always trying to help each other out except when someone choked and I called them out like the good person I am. I wish I didn't lose as much this season and helped you guys carry but oh well shit happens. 

Shoutout to @Kimikozen and @Maekaaay always believed in them and don't doubt to get them in ur PSL team next seasons they are fucking gods 

E: Oh yeah the rest of the team was cool too (not joking), these guys just needed special shoutout 

Edited by WhiteJovi

Despite not breaking a single rule this season, countless administrative measures have been taken against me:

Spoiler
  • Early in the season, I had set up a very good trade that JJ vetoed. That was the only trade to be vetoed in the entire season.
  • JJ also used on multiple occasions what I said in private in the manager pm to quote or paraphrase me out of context with no other purpose beside attacking my character.
  • When I made a trade and asked for that trade to be announced at the end of the week, JJ did not respect my wish which ended up being a problem when I had to sub in a player that knew I would be traded off.
  • Then, a player that I bought fairly got stolen away from me. The reasoning behind this decision was that Zeikooo needed to be protected from me and yet he ended being bought by a manager that never made him play and even admitted that he bought Zeikooo with the only purpose of screwing me over.
  • When a player refuses to play for his manager, that player gets banned. It has always been that way. However, even though refusing to play for your manager is wrong in PSL, refusing to play for your manager if that manager is Gbwead is totally acceptable and even encouraged by JJ.
  • Whenever I got attacked publicly by either JJ or someone else, JJ could not be more happy, but when I dare defend myself JJ automatically asks Munya to moderate out everything that was said. The double standard and JJ's shame were real.
  • I could go on and on about all the shit that JJ did to me that went way beyond PSL like the slander, the lies, the numerous reports to staff, getting me kicked out of TC….

I was vile. I’ll admit it, but I was never vile without a reason, especially since all the stuff I listed was only done to me and not to other managers. With all of that being said, I don’t even think JJ is a bad host simply because there is no one to compare him to beside Thinknice - that I don’t know -, Orange and Gunthug. Out of all of them, JJ was the one that put the most efforts into this event without a doubt. However, I still think he is an awful person, one that will never completely put PSL before his bruised ego. Thanks for hosting, but screw you for being arrogant dumb uguu.

Now some words for the haters and others:

Spoiler

To Riga and his dog Draekyn, if want to get mass media uguu sheep coverage, I’ll just go watch CNN, so fuck off with all your generic attention seeking crap. All the joking around bribe threats were inspired by you Riga btw. After pulling the shit you did last season, nearly everyone said it was unethical af, but since there was nothing in the rules preventing this from happening, JJ went with it – advantaging his team in the process – and changed the PSL format the following season to prevent this kind of abuse from happening. When I saw a format flaw where my team had nothing to compete about, I tried to abuse the flaw to my advantage. I guess when you do it, it is okay. When I do, it isn’t.

To Orange, no one has disappointed me more than you. I would have never imagined such hypocrisy coming from you. In private you told me you saw me as a friend, that you respected me as such, especially since I never go personal with you when we argue about w.e. Yet, in public, you went out of your way to justify quitting PSL by trashing me. You also let people believe that you quit because we had a disagreement, which is false since you were completely MIA. You never said you disagreed with what I did until the moment you left. You also said before going MIA that the reason why you didn’t want to play was not political and yet two weeks after saying that you left for a political reason. You signed up for all tiers, but didn’t want to play in any. You say you want to get ban, but you attack me for wanting the same thing. Given everything that happened, I can’t help but believe you wanted out of PSL at all cost and you used me to justify your leave. You don’t care about not playing in future seasons since you wanted nothing to do with PSL regardless of my behavior imo. That act about being a bigger man that would quit PSL and suffer the consequences rather than banning me was pure crap.

To Gunthug, you know I was right. You’ll never admit it, but you know. You didn’t bullshit me like JJ did at least, so I respect you for that.

To Tor, tor.

To all the haters I forgot, well f*ck u ^^

Now to the awesome Kecleons:

To @Erayne, you’re the biggest surprise for me. You were one hell of a soldier on which I could always count on. You never let me down, took all your duels seriously and never gave up. You’re a top player and people will have to watch out for you. Thanks Orange for telling me to buy Erayne.

To my bois @Guerinf and @XPLOZ, you guys were the best. You both got a best player award because you deserved it. Your constant support meant the world to me.

To my man @DiDi, thanks for everything. I simply can’t describe how much you helped me keep my sanity through all the shit that went down. You also brought the Kecleons important wins this season and I’m convinced you will keep surprising us in future PSL seasons and officials.

To our carry @OldKeith, we didn’t talk that much because we simply never had to. You were on top of your game and no one could stop you. Watching you play each week was inspiring and many players, including me, felt in love with VGC thanks to you.

To my good friend @RysPicz, you were always there believing and cheering on the team. You didn’t mind teambuilding with me for hours and hours. Your creative style is so unique and, even though it doesn’t always work out, I feel it is always worth a shot. You’re the kind of player that helps this game grow by forcing people to think outside the box. You might not have performed like you wanted, but you still brought so much to the team when it came to advices and meta analysis.

To @ihatos, one of my biggest regret this season was to not let you play more. You were way better than I expected and never ceased to amaze me. You’re also a very humble competitor in defeat and in victory.

To @wiriketchup, difficult beginning but glorious end. No one believed in you, but you pushed through and proved them all wrong. You had such high spirits the entire time and you brought the team up with you. Thanks.

To @Senjutsuka and @kriger, you were key players and we would have never gone this far without you guys. I am forever indebted to you and I hope we’ll stay in touch in game.

To @Ploegy, the best PSL cheerleader there is. I tried to fulfill my promise to you, but it didn’t work out in the end and I am sorry for that :/

To @Quilachy, we didn’t get a lot of chance to talk, but you were always there, willing to compete and help out. I could not ask for anything more, so thank you.

To @Kamimiii, the best meme player of all time. You pulled some crazy clutch wins haha. I can’t believe people let you go for 1.5k in the mid season auction when they had over 5k+ each lol.

To @Viking, I might hate doubles, but I don’t hate you ^^ You might not have brought wins to the team, but I saw you battle and I think it could have gone either way. I said I would not buy a doubles player more than 10k at the begining of the season, but I am glad I ended up with you though.

To my favorite bad player @Tranzmaster, you are so underrated, it is ridiculous. I was so proud when you became a Kecleon and brought your A-game every week. You’re an easy person to work with and I really enjoyed having you as a player.

You guys were amazing. All great people, true competitors willing to take on any opponent. As a manager, I was blessed to have found such a solid group. Despite all the trades I did, all the shit I did, all the shit done to us because of me, you all helped each other out like a team should and came together when it mattered. I wasn’t there when it mattered the most this week and I am truly sorry for that. You’re all star players and there is no doubt in my mind you’ll have great success in this game and in life. It was an honor being your manager and I wish you all the best. 

I would like to congratulate Gianpipe for beating us and I wish them luck going into the final stage of this event.

1 hour ago, gbwead said:

Hide contents

To Riga and his dog Draekyn, if want to get mass media uguu sheep coverage

I'm positive all I ever criticized you on was the way you expressed yourself, this is once again a perfect example

Riga and I disagree on a lot of things so I'm not sure where you're coming from with that, but aight