[PSL 7] HYPE Thread

@Arimanius the mere fact you donated 10m to MSL despite (hopefully) reading the laughable new rules is a pretty resounding statement that you don't want PSL to get better, you just want a new host. At this point I truly wonder if there's any decision JJ could make that you wouldn't find something wrong with. Personally I think this pages long argument is one of the stupidest we've ever had in psl history, it's the fucking playoffs who gives a fuck about a week 7 garbage time activity win that mattered not?

Also no comment on the perception that gbwead may have been selling his team's performance last week? Where's your integrity trumpet on that one? (For the record i have no problem with how gb handled last week but of all people i thought you might) 

8 minutes ago, Torinnnnn said:

Nah guys he doesn't think bribing is shunned upon

There is a difference between saying something and meaning something, but you don't seem to get it. My players had to win for you to make playoffs and they had no reason to win for you. My job as a manager is not to help you make playoffs, you should be the one that came to me isntead of sitting back on hoping my players would fight as hard as they could against Sparta. Even though I kept talking about money, there was no bribe going on since I did not tell my player to throw, but I did tell them to get w.e money they could get this week.

20 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

And if anything, you've been asking host to be more loose with his decisions?

Me personally I've been asking for him to be consistent, if he gives extensions in some situations then so be it, if he doesn't even look at us when deciding, then so be it. I just want him or any host to be consistent so things like this doesn't occur. I clearly understand playoff is like the deciding part in PSL where you can find (sometimes) the best matches and the biggest hype but that shouldn't be a reason to change the ways things are done, at most then state it in the rules before it or something like some exceptions will occur when going to playoff or whatever. And nik even if it was the best decision it's not the correct one, not according to the rules at least. 

7 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

@Arimanius the mere fact you donated 10m to MSL despite (hopefully) reading the laughable new rules is a pretty resounding statement that you don't want PSL to get better, you just want a new host. At this point I truly wonder if there's any decision JJ could make that you wouldn't find something wrong with. Personally I think this pages long argument is one of the stupidest we've ever had in psl history, it's the fucking playoffs who gives a fuck about a week 7 garbage time activity win that mattered not?

The fact that you don't know me (more at least) is why I can understand your comment. I haven't donated 10m to MSL, not yet at least, but I will for sure not because "I want to destroy PSL" or some stupid things like I've read against the event that Moetal will host (Cause he can just like anyone can) but to help him do it, I don't see ANYTHING like literally anything wrong with having more events like this one, isn't this what still makes pokemmo great or so I read? and I've donated around 10m if not more to psl in the last 3 seasons (before this one) so there's nothing wrong with that. 

And as it seems like u didn't read well what it was there, it's not about an activity win, it's about avoiding the suspension. 

Just now, Arimanius said:

The fact that you don't know me (more at least) is why I can understand your comment. I haven't donated 10m to MSL, not yet at least, but I will for sure not because "I want to destroy PSL" or some stupid things like I've read against the event that Moetal will host (Cause he can just like anyone can) but to help him do it, I don't see ANYTHING like literally anything wrong with having more events like this one, isn't this what still makes pokemmo great or so I read? and I've donated around 10m if not more to psl in the last 3 seasons (before this one) so there's nothing wrong with that. 

And as it seems like u didn't read well what it was there, it's not about an activity win, it's about avoiding the suspension. 

I know you take issue with the lack of suspension, I just worded it poorly. And I have no problem with moetals silly event but let's not ignore the context - you've made several mind numbingly overdramatic comments about the integrity of the PSL being gone, if you want when I get off work I'll dig them all up for you. So knowing that you're DISGUSTED with how this free, volunteer, online Pokemon game unofficial tournament series is run, I insinuated that you would gladly support the alternative league moetal started and would almost certainly choose it over PSL if you had to choose. Correct me if I'm wrong 

Anyway, you say you just want consistency but again I've seen you criticise the substance of many of jjs decisions too so not sure which it was in this instant. 

7 minutes ago, Torinnnnn said:

At this point it's not even about if he threw or not (which he did) its the fact that he really expects us to believe that was he was asking for wasn't a bribe

I am amazed by how much clueless you are. Think plz. My players are not going to put a lot of efforts towards beating Sparta - or at least they won't put as much effort agaisnt Sparta than they did agaisnt you. That is a fact and it should be a problem for you. Whether I threathen you with this fact or I just state the fact, it should not matter from your perspective; you should want my players to win. Now this is PSL, if I have a opportunity to threathen another manager, ofc I will take it, but you should be able to see passed the role palying and deal with the fact that you need me to win. You didn't do shit to help us and you should have helped us. You can blame yourself for not making playoffs.

Edited by gbwead
1 minute ago, Rigamorty said:

Yeah there's the cringe again 

Cringe or not, it's the reality. Do you seriously think my players are going to teambuild and get scouted for no reason? Some might, but it would be foolish to think everyone is playing PSL like that.

I may have not made playoffs but I can tell you from being in the managers pm that jj choosing gb as a manager was the worst possible thing to do for psl. Fam literally argues everything and he's just a scummy competitor. Idk what language I have to tell him in but bribing is bad. 

And yes yes I do blame myself for not making playoffs. But my players expressed to me that they didnt want me paying the bribe and I wasn't going to anyways.

Edited by Torinnnnn
3 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

I know you take issue with the lack of suspension, I just worded it poorly. And I have no problem with moetals silly event but let's not ignore the context - you've made several mind numbingly overdramatic comments about the integrity of the PSL being gone, if you want when I get off work I'll dig them all up for you. So knowing that you're DISGUSTED with how this free, volunteer, online Pokemon game unofficial tournament series is run, I insinuated that you would gladly support the alternative league moetal started and would almost certainly choose it over PSL if you had to choose. Correct me if I'm wrong 

Anyway, you say you just want consistency but again I've seen you criticise the substance of many of jjs decisions too so not sure which it was in this instant. 

Well I do think the integrity of PSL is questionable, I haven't said otherwise, that's why I'm trying to make it better at least voicing what I think is wrong. You don't need to do that, I know exactly what I've said and in the moments I've said it without the need to look for them, I still stand for those words. I won't correct you cause you're right, I would gladly participate in an event which first, it's the first time is run (at least for him, gotta give him an opportunity) and second, cause I couldn't make this one, is that bad? does PSL makes me sign an exclusivity clause? Give me a break here.

I've criticized the inconsistency of them, that's exactly my point.  

1 minute ago, Torinnnnn said:

Idk why language I have to tell him in but bribing is bad. And yes yes I do blame myself for not making playoffs. But my players expressed to me that they didnt want me paying the bribe and I wasn't going to anyways.

It's not a fucking bribe, you idiot. It's not because I called it a bribe that it is actually one. Why did you not want my players to win? Seriously. I don't get it. You should want them to win and yet you don't do shit about it.

4 minutes ago, Torinnnnn said:

I may have not made playoffs but I can tell you from being in the managers pm that jj choosing gb as a manager was the worst possible thing to do for psl. Fam literally argues everything and he's just a scummy competitor.

I'm going to fight to get any advantage possible for my team. I can't say the same about you obviously. Do you expect your competitors to hold your hand or something? And the saddest part is that I did reach out to you to help out and you couldn't care less, so shame on you.

8 minutes ago, gbwead said:

It's not a fucking bribe, you idiot. It's not because I called it a bribe that it is actually one. Why did you not want my players to win? Seriously. I don't get it. You should want them to win and yet you don't do shit about it.

I'm going to fight to get any advantage possible for my team. I can't say the same about you obviously. Do you expect your competitors to hold your hand or something? And the saddest part is that I did reach out to you to help out and you couldn't care less, so shame on you.

There's a difference between fighting for an advantage and being a shithead

Just now, DoubleJ said:

Tfw I've been the most consistent, up until this point. Lol. 

And if it weren't for orange and I stepping in I'm pretty sure youd have gone forward with the suspensions haha. Leave it to orange and I to fall into our old host patterns - making subjective calls that we think will preserve the spirit of PSL.

I dont know if anyone cares about my opinion

but imma post it anyway

while im not the biggest fan of JJ

I do think he's doing a solid job, 

I havent been that involved with psl nor been I duped by any of his decisions. But I can honestly say that JJ tried is his hardest to be a fair host, he even asked gunt and orange for counsil showing he cares about respected opinions and also abides by them. He stated himself multiple times he'd been outvoted by orange and gunt and followed through. Sure some of his objectivity as a host left when he decided to play, and yes he's been stubborn with his decisions. But does it really have to come to this shitstorm of "biased host" and just pure flaming because you disagree? As  Tor likes to say: "its just pixels bro" Psl is here to bring the community together not split it further apart

11 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

but imma post it anyway

I havent been that involved with psl nor been I duped by any of his decisions. But I can honestly say that JJ tried is his hardest to be a fair host, he even asked gunt and orange for counsil showing he cares about respected opinions and also abides by them. He stated himself multiple times he'd been outvoted by orange and gunt and followed through. Sure some of his objectivity as a host left when he decided to play, and yes he's been stubborn with his decisions. But does it really have to come to this shitstorm of "biased host" and just pure flaming because you disagree? As  Tor likes to say: "its just pixels bro" Psl is here to bring the community together not split it further apart

shutup bilburt

4 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

but imma post it anyway

mfw Bilburt came to my rescue. Flexxxxxxxxxxxxxx with me Billllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Spoiler

For real though, thanks man.