[PSL 7] HYPE Thread

1 minute ago, Arimanius said:

Sorry @DoubleJ but I don't like secrets, if you or gun or orange want to explain me why is this time different that any other time you can do it so right here where everyone else can read the explanation too cause I just don't get it.

If you wanted the most competitive atmosphere, that's great, I want that too, but I wanted that when yangsam had to face sparkie or even when I had to face yang last season, it would have been good you wanted the most competitive atmosphere those moments too. I'm not implying you bent the rules for Des but wondering why doing things different now? when at least you where being consistent with your decisions?

If in any case you or gun or orange don't want to give explanations it's ok too I guess, at the end of the day it seems like you don't want anyone commenting anything about psl even if some of us just want it to be better.

I think it's pretty clear. It's the playoffs. 

Just now, Moetal said:

He's asking you tho bb. I'm but a shadow of my former self, I can probably only go up to 100s so I doubt I will win.

You're the best we got Moetal. Don't let us down. I'm counting on you.

1 minute ago, DoubleJ said:

Coming from the one guy that would have thrown the biggest hissy fit if Lordofangmar would have been suspended based on the rules. Dope comment. 

I just relate to what Ari just said. You can't deal with people that do not agree with you.

Just now, gbwead said:

I just relate to what Ari just said. You can't deal with people that do not agree with you.

I can deal with people that disagree with me, I just ask that you do it in a respectful manner. You and I have been through this several times this season, and I think you can agree that when you approach me in a civil manner things tend to go your way. 

1 minute ago, gbwead said:

You're the best we got Moetal. Don't let us down. I'm counting on you.

Fight your own battle bb. I'm not gonna embarrass myself for your sake. You don't pay me enough.

Just now, DoubleJ said:

I think you can agree that when you approach me in a civil manner things tend to go your way. 

Nah absolutely not. You can be completly unreasonable and I don't deal with stupidity.

3 minutes ago, EricTheGreat said:

Honestly tho angmar should have been suspended

Ya right, suspending LoA even though he played his duel. You are either more dumb than I could imagine or you're just scared shitless that LoA will win against LKrenz.

When it is playoffs stage, idk if following the rules is the best idea. Like one example I can give you right now is the situation with my SPL team. Our admission into the playoffs relied on one team (Sharks) to lose, which they did. But one of the players of Sharks suffered a dc loss. Usually this would be ignored and no fuss would be made since a similar dc loss happened a few weeks ago to another team and no one batted an eye. But now that Shark's chances of going to playoffs are at risk, they are petitioning for a rematch and the situation is currently being discussed with the Tournament Developers. If previous rules were to be followed, then this wouldn't be up for discussion at all. 

I honestly do get where Ari is coming from because it can seem so situational when the rules are enforced and it sort of gives the impression of "we can do whatever the fuck we want". Even though Des is on my team, I personally feel that activity decisions shouldn't result in a ban if that match no longer matters in deciding the outcome of a team's result. Basically, I feel JJ, Orange and Gunt made the right decision. 

Edited by NikhilR
7 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Nah absolutely not. You can be completly unreasonable and I don't deal with stupidity.

Ya right, suspending LoA even though he played his duel. You are either more dumb than I could imagine or you're just scared shitless that LoA will win against LKrenz.

plz, LoA cant even beat arimanius Artemiseta (such similar names )

Edited by pachima

There's difference between criticism towards the reasoning of decisions and implying straight up bias.

You're forcing me to do this but yes gunthug and later me voiced up in our PM that we don't find a suspensions a punishment that should be enforced in a playoff week. Simply for the fact that PSL should be won by battling, not by bureaucracy. And if anything, you've been asking host to be more loose with his decisions? Well, there you have it. We actually went for a decision that we thought the players would appreciate more and it's apparently still not good enough.

@gb

Initially this whole "suspension or nah" was about Angmar. He had done poor job scheduling his matches for numerous weeks but since Artemiseta found a time to battle him, there was no reason for activity decision. We made this no-suspension decision initially to protect Angmar, not Destruct and because of the guideline we decided then Destruct was the one "benefiting" from our decision to not suspend anyone from playoffs even by poor activity.

If anything, I see you guys jumping the gun only because this decision ended up saving his teammate.

Edit: If anyone here was biased, it was me because I took part of voicing up a decision that initially was going to save MY teammate and your player. But rather still, I wanted to point out that suspensions in playoff week isn't a great idea.

Edited by OrangeManiac
10 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

still find it hilarious gb is arguing when he is literally going about trying to destroy the integrity of PSL last week

Like you either care or you dont, get off your high horse

Trying to win PSL now means trying to destroy the integrity of PSL. I'm clearly on my high horse right now...

5 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

@gb

What did you mean @gb? I did not complain about the DestructX decision here. I was complaining that JJ was trying to suspend LoA.

Trying to win PSL now means trying to destroy the integrity of PSL. I'm clearly on my high horse right now...

yes, lets pretend like you purposely throwing matches to get extra 'resources' (more like pocketing a bit of extra cash) is helping you to win PSL

my jimmies are rustling

Just now, gbwead said:

What did you mean @gb? I did not complain about the DestructX decision here. I was complaining that JJ was trying to suspend LoA.

Oh alright, I quickly browsed through last 3 pages and I saw what I interpreted as defending Ari's comment so basically wanted to say if anything your butt was about being saved. Mostly because what I've seen you comment before has been questioning JJ's integrity as a host.

For what I can say from my own behalf, Angmar's activity + behavior in last week's PM wasn't really admirable. 

Just now, DoctorPBC said:

yes, lets pretend like you purposely throwing matches to get extra 'resources' (more like pocketing a bit of extra cash) is helping you to win PSL

Idk what game you are playing, but this is PokeMMO. Ressources matter, especially to comp players that don't have time for grinding on top of playing PSL.

Idk what game you are playing, but this is PokeMMO. Ressources matter, especially to comp players that don't have time for grinding on top of playing PSL.

Every time you call trying to take bribes for last week something like "getting resources for the team xd" makes me fucking cringe. like no, that's not a thing.

Yeah sure you could've possibly spent it on comps for the boys or something but what the fuck even could exist that isn't owned somewhere between an entire PSL team worth of active players? I can pretty much guarantee it would've turned into pocket money completely unrelated to PSL, and even entirely regardless of where the money goes, a fucking bribe is a bribe and you still look scummy as all fuck trying so hard at it.

1 minute ago, Rigamorty said:

what the fuck even could exist that isn't owned somewhere between an entire PSL team worth of active players?

Your lack of imagination amazes me?

2 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

I can pretty much guarantee it would've turned into pocket money completely unrelated to PSL

I spent over 3 mil this season breeding comps, changing movesets or pp maxing comps for my team, so you don't know what you are talking about.

4 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

a fucking bribe is a bribe and you still look scummy as all fuck trying so hard at it.

I don't give a fuck about looking scummy. I want to win and there is nothing wrong with trying hard to win. We can call it bribing like we could call it a bonus or w.e. There is more that meets the eye to what I was saying about bribing or throwing. I didn't give a fuck about winning last week and the same thing could be said about some of my players. There was nothing on the line for us. We fought harder against tor in week 2 than we did against sparta in week 7 and I think it would have been a smart move on tor's part to offer money to incentivize my players to win. I did not tell my player to lose on purpose to fuck Tor or Lion if that is what you think.