[PSL 7] HYPE Thread

Has anyone calculated who will be making the playoffs? It's pretty exciting. 

• The top two seeds with byes can still go to any of the top four teams currently, and coincidentally the final week will feature the top four teams going head-to-head to play for those top two seeds
  • The Top Kecleons are guaranteed at least the 5th seed, but can unfortunately go no higher than the 3rd seed if my math is right
  • The final seed is a dogfight between the Outraging Lions, Kakuna Matatas, and the Spartan Warriors
    • The Spartan Warriors to have a chance for that 6th seed will honestly need to win, or win and tie, both Week 6 and 7
    • Week 7 will feature the Outraging Lions vs the Kakuna Matatas, and thus they will more than likely be playing for the 6th seed; although if the Kakunas and Lions both lose this week, the Outraging Lions will only need to tie the Kakunas in Week 7 to advance

Shit is awesome, so put your bets down!

17 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Has anyone calculated who will be making the playoffs? It's pretty exciting. 

• The top two seeds with byes can still go to any of the top four teams currently, and coincidentally the final week will feature the top four teams going head-to-head to play for those top two seeds
  • The Top Kecleons are guaranteed at least the 5th seed, but can unfortunately go no higher than the 3rd seed if my math is right
  • The final seed is a dogfight between the Outraging Lions, Kakuna Matatas, and the Spartan Warriors
    • The Spartan Warriors to have a chance for that 6th seed will honestly need to win, or win and tie, both Week 6 and 7
    • Week 7 will feature the Outraging Lions vs the Kakuna Matatas, and thus they will more than likely be playing for the 6th seed; although if the Kakunas and Lions both lose this week, the Outraging Lions will only need to tie the Kakunas in Week 7 to advance

Shit is awesome, so put your bets down!

Why is the second bullet point empty, I can't seem to see anything next to it.

I apologize for the delay in all of this, but I've been extremely busy today trying to catch up after a day of celebrating them Irish folk and a Duke ACC win. 

Regarding the upcoming activity decisions, just note that any result will be deemed controversial and each discussion will most certainly have its own flaws. I ask that you be patient with us as we attempt to figure out which is the best option to take. 

I will be making an announcement about these decisions tonight, prior to posting the Week 7 thread. 

Again, I apologize ahead of time to the countless people that will undoubtedly be upset. This isn't easy for us. We just wish everyone had the same dedication and consideration to schedule their match or give a fair warning to their managers to request a sub. 

59 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

I apologize for the delay in all of this, but I've been extremely busy today trying to catch up after a day of celebrating them Irish folk and a Duke ACC win. 

Regarding the upcoming activity decisions, just note that any result will be deemed controversial and each discussion will most certainly have its own flaws. I ask that you be patient with us as we attempt to figure out which is the best option to take. 

I will be making an announcement about these decisions tonight, prior to posting the Week 7 thread. 

Again, I apologize ahead of time to the countless people that will undoubtedly be upset. This isn't easy for us. We just wish everyone had the same dedication and consideration to schedule their match or give a fair warning to their managers to request a sub. 

Image result for simpsons pitchforks

Edited by DoctorPBC

PSL has once again shown me that this game has the capacity to not be total shit . I would like to thank @DoubleJ for hosting and giving me thhe oppurtunity to manage even thought it didnt go as well as i thought it would. I would like to thank all of my players for not rioting and whatnot and fighting to the end. To think we were that bad and still had a chance at making playoffs was amazing to me tbh. 

Now for the important shit... The fact that we had a manager openly offering to not throw his week for a bribe from me is so wrong. PSL is supposed to be the most elite MMO experience there is and tanking is a fucking joke. I dont know what can be done about it for the future but this is not ok. I'm not asking for punishment for GB but this is not what psl stands for. It makes the last week basically meaningless and boring to watch

9 minutes ago, Torinnnnn said:

Now for the important shit... The fact that we had a manager openly offering to not throw his week for a bribe from me is so wrong. PSL is supposed to be the most elite MMO experience there is and tanking is a fucking joke. I dont know what can be done about it for the future but this is not ok. I'm not asking for punishment for GB but this is not what psl stands for. It makes the last week basically meaningless and boring to watch

A manager should do what is best for his team, that is what I did. Now if you think I forced my players to throw, that is totally wrong, as it was a complete bluff on my part to get your cash in order to have more ressources going into playoffs. Did my players have any incentive to win? Ofc not. Did they want to win week 7 as badly as they wanted to kick your ass week 2? Ofc not. This is human nature. People play PSL for different reasons, honor, money, relationship, drama, w.e. To assume all my palyers were going to waste their time teambuilding and getting scouted just so you make playoffs is the most egocentric thing ever. Last week was meaningless for the Kecleons, that is not my fault, that's how PSL works. If you're not happy, suggest solutions to fix the problem instead of pointing fingers.

Once the season is over, I will open a thread to discuss a possible replacement and what responsibilities the host will have. 

I like this. Better than 'whoever pms the host first' :)

Edited by Eggplant
1 minute ago, gbwead said:

If you're not happy, suggest solutions to fix the problem instead of pointing fingers.

there is not a single thing on this game that could make me angry lmao, because its just that, a game

4 minutes ago, gbwead said:

as it was a complete bluff on my part to get your cash in order to have more ressources going into playoffs

lmao i guess its true, scum gonna scum

5 minutes ago, gbwead said:

A manager should do what is best for his team, that is what I did. Now if you think I forced my players to throw, that is totally wrong, as it was a complete bluff on my part to get your cash in order to have more ressources going into playoffs. Did my players have any incentive to win? Ofc not. Did they want to win week 7 as badly as they wanted to kick your ass week 2? Ofc not. This is human nature. People play PSL for different reasons, honor, money, relationship, drama, w.e. To assume all my palyers were going to waste their time teambuilding and getting scouted just so you make playoffs is the most egocentric thing ever. Last week was meaningless for the Kecleons, that is not my fault, that's how PSL works. If you're not happy, suggest solutions to fix the problem instead of pointing fingers.

I didn't read this but it was probably dumb. Yet another week 7 fucked by a dumbass manager (sorry Riga)